01-19-16 08:45 PM
45 12
tools
    I think the video that passport running andriod is true? Is there any developer in crackberry?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:53 AM
    I think the video that passport running andriod is true? Is there any developer in crackberry?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1057562

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    01-09-16 11:49 AM
    Yes, but how to explain these videos.........

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 12:25 PM
    Stop asking the same question in multiple threads

BlackBerry won't be releasing android on Passport or other pre Priv hardware

Android 5x and newer require a 64 bit processor like what is in the Priv, all existing bb10 hardware is 32 bit, so just not possible unless you expect them to use android 4.4. Let it go

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    gfondeur and thedose like this.
    01-09-16 02:07 PM
    Stop asking the same question in multiple threads

BlackBerry won't be releasing android on Passport or other pre Priv hardware

Android 5x and newer require a 64 bit processor like what is in the Priv, all existing bb10 hardware is 32 bit, so just not possible unless you expect them to use android 4.4. Let it go

Never heard of that one before, removed 32 bit support?
    Doubt that very much.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 02:22 PM
    Just for the sake of argument, let's say it is possible. Would BlackBerry ever make public a way to root the phone, so you could load a different OS? I think not.

Wish everyone would drop this silliness.
    01-09-16 03:50 PM
    There are no 64bit Android devices as far as I know, so 32bit is not an issue.

I have a feeling Android is on its way for passport...
    01-09-16 04:02 PM

That's not true. I have been using Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 32 bit hardware for a while.

That being said, I agree with you in that BlackBerry is very unlikely to release a version of Android for the Passport.
    01-09-16 04:27 PM
    Just for the sake of argument, let's say it is possible. Would BlackBerry ever make public a way to root the phone, so you could load a different OS? I think not.

Wish everyone would drop this silliness.
    Maybe people are expecting it to be released as something like an autoloader. It may be possible, but it's unlikely to happen.
    01-09-16 04:28 PM
    Maybe people are expecting it to be released as something like an autoloader. It may be possible, but it's unlikely to happen.
    Autoloader or pixie dust, it would still require root access, thus defeating the security BlackBerry has built it's entire reputation upon. Whether possible or not, it's nothing BlackBerry would allow out. If it was inside an autoloader, I can assure you, someone would figure a way to separate it.

I don't think those asking for Android on a BB10 quite realize or understand how much it would require. The bios would need reflashed, and all of the drivers would need written for the new OS. This is way beyond a Cyanogenmod styled change, or even bootcamp which is dual boot, and needs a much more robust amount of storage than available on our phones.
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-09-16 06:15 PM
    I'd really be content just having the option to buy a new Passport that had Android loaded by BlackBerry.

I really enjoy the Passport keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    01-09-16 06:19 PM
    Autoloader or pixie dust, it would still require root access, thus defeating the security BlackBerry has built it's entire reputation upon. Whether possible or not, it's nothing BlackBerry would allow out. If it was inside an autoloader, I can assure you, someone would figure a way to separate it.

I don't think those asking for Android on a BB10 quite realize or understand how much it would require. The bios would need reflashed, and all of the drivers would need written for the new OS. This is way beyond a Cyanogenmod styled change, or even bootcamp which is dual boot, and needs a much more robust amount of storage than available on our phones.
    Thank you thank you thank you now can we close this dribble?? Pretty please this should not be at the top of my list...

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-09-16 09:39 PM
    Thank you thank you thank you now can we close this dribble?? Pretty please this should not be at the top of my list...

Posted via CB10
    I prefer to end discussion with logic, rather than abusive use of power.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-09-16 09:43 PM
    Do you know the 2016ces? Qualcomm 820! Lemobile do use 32bit Snapdragon 820!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Snapdragon...fire breathing dragon...Puff the magic dragon...

Doesn't matter, it's not gonna happen. There is a microbe of a possibility they may release an android version of the Passport, which would never stand a chance having BB10 installed on it.
    luisoman2000 likes this.
    01-09-16 10:51 PM
    We get it. It's not gonna happen. Please stop repeating yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 01:04 AM
    I prefer to end discussion with logic, rather than abusive use of power.
    It's like you're new here or something.

Posted via CB10
    What does that have to do with anything?
    01-10-16 01:11 AM
    It's like you're new here or something.

What does that have to do with anything?
    More like driven insane from time spent.
    01-10-16 01:15 AM
    That's not true. I have been using Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 32 bit hardware for a while.

That being said, I agree with you in that BlackBerry is very unlikely to release a version of Android for the Passport.
    Hmmm. I swear I saw that in android documentation last year for either 5.1 or 6.0 but obviously I'm mistaken.

01-10-16 02:34 AM
    You are not in Android Central here.

  
    01-10-16 04:53 AM
    I think the video was of somebody running the BlackBerry Android launcher on a Passport, not Android itself. They were very limited in how far they went beyond the home screen

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:22 AM
    There was a video of someone with full android running on a passport. I believe the passport was used for testing of android builds before the priv was far enough along in development to be used.
    01-10-16 05:08 PM
    There was a video of someone with full android running on a passport. I believe the passport was used for testing of android builds before the priv was far enough along in development to be used.
    That's possible, and it might well have been a one-off piece of hardware built for that purpose, rather than a standard Passport. Such things are hardly new during the development process.

But don't expect that to ever see production. Lots of things exist in the development lab that will never be released to the public. I remember seeing MacOS running on Windows hardware years and years ago - long before the "Hackintosh", but it was an internal experiment and not a production item - for obvious reasons.
    01-11-16 01:08 AM
    a Passport with Android would be just perfect...
    DDDS, andre3030 and StevenChoi like this.
    01-11-16 01:19 AM
    i don't think so unless there are two versions and can continue acquiring Passport with BlackBerry OS 10.. and I do not see them interest on it.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    01-11-16 12:03 PM
45 12