I wanted to know if is it possible if someone will be able to find out my call, sms history or trace my phone???

Z-10
    04-20-14 10:04 AM
    Yes they will. Just leave your phone unlocked and hand it to the guy. BlackBerry is not secure at all... that guy will know everything about you.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-20-14 10:08 AM
    I wanted to know if is it possible if someone will be able to find out my call, sms history or trace my phone???

Z-10
    If you encrypt your device and password protect it, then it will be difficult for them to ge that information from your device. I am hesitant to use the word impossible because there are smart people working for certain governments that seem to be able to get into everything, but aside from those folks you should be ok.

Now... your call history and sms history (not content) is tracked by your carrier, so if someone wanted to know bad enough what you were doing, they would go to your carrier anyway because for all they know you wiped your phone.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-20-14 10:15 AM
    Erasing your 4-5 thousand texts would help too

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-20-14 10:17 AM
    If you send sms messages or make phone calls, that information belongs to your service provider, not to you. When you use an internet (wifi or data) connection, whoever is supplying that service has access to the information that you send over it. The same goes for anything that you store on a third party server.
    Your BlackBerry has received a higher level of security certification than any other mobile OS (BB10 has the highest rated mobile operating system in terms of security), and it will be more secure from outside attempts to access your information.
    If you have a BES connection, information you send using those services is pretty secure.
    If you're sending information that you wish to keep private over text messages or phone calls, you're disillusioned. Your carrier owns that information. If, for example, you use my wifi connection to send an email, I could technically gain access to that information.
    The avenues that you use to transfer the information is more important than the device that you use, but that being said, if someone is trying to access your device remotely or pull information off of it, you're better off using BB10 than Android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the information.

Z-10
    04-20-14 10:56 AM
    Remember, its all about the National Security Agency - The Only Government Department That Actually Listens To You
    Shifty88, ami.one and Carterbits like this.
    04-20-14 05:21 PM
    When I see these questions. I beg to wonder exactly what they are up to that requires so much security. Kinda scares me.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-21-14 04:32 PM
    When I see these questions. I beg to wonder exactly what they are up to that requires so much security. Kinda scares me.

Posted via CB10
    Terrorists

Posted via CB10
    Beyond Fire and vgorous like this.
    04-21-14 04:40 PM
    I don't require "so much" security, but I do have an expectation of privacy.

The thing is, it seems my privacy is my responsibility and not my right anymore. I mean, I don't want to lock my doors then have you kick them in because you think something on the other side might be kinda scary, but the fact of the matter is you'll just come look if I don't lock my doors, because you think something might be scary. Or even worse, someone will come rob the place.
    dejanh and rayporsche like this.
    04-21-14 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe someone just doesn't want their wife knowing they are always talking and texting with their girlfriend? Nothing to do with security.

Edit: Not saying that is the OP's case
    04-21-14 05:15 PM
    I don't require "so much" security, but I do have an expectation of privacy.

The thing is, it seems my privacy is my responsibility and not my right anymore. I mean, I don't want to lock my doors then have you kick them in because you think something on the other side might be kinda scary, but the fact of the matter is you'll just come look if I don't lock my doors, because you think something might be scary. Or even worse, someone will come rob the place.
    Good analogy. Well put.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:23 PM
    Terrorists

Posted via CB10
    I was trying to be subtle

Haha

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:10 PM
    The Government has satellites...they don't need your phone to know what you text, say, email...or think. If you are being bad they will get you.

Trusted Member Genius
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-23-14 12:37 AM
    if you get blackberry john chen can watch you while you watch videos while sitting on the toilet...
    04-23-14 12:57 AM
    The Government has satellites...they don't need your phone to know what you text, say, email...or think. If you are being bad they will get you.

Trusted Member Genius
    Yes sir, they'll probably get you anyways, as the new presumption is that we are 'guilty until proven innocent' and not the other way around like the good old days !
    04-23-14 07:26 AM
    Know your privacy??

What?

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-23-14 07:50 AM