02-06-15 07:51 AM
44 12
tools
    Well obviously I'm not that dumb to load a leak. Had a bad experience with them, as some of you know. So I just wanted to know if I load a latest leak, will I be able to update to official 10.3 when it rolls?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:41 AM
    The straight answer is yes. You do not get an OTA install if the OS version of the leak is higher than the official. If the official is lower than the leak you will need to do a manual install. In my hands reverting to an official OS is just about never a good choice. So long as the leak is working my plan is to stay with that higher OS.
    02-04-15 10:49 AM
    The straight answer is yes. You do not get an OTA install if the OS version of the leak is higher than the official. If the official is lower than the leak you will need to do a manual install. In my hands reverting to an official OS is just about never a good choice. So long as the leak is working my plan is to stay with that higher OS.
    Ahan. Ty for the answer. But tell me why do you prefer leaks? They are non optimized and unsupported. HUB integration is pathetic! I can't open any app from there :/ so I downgraded to 10.2.1 and I'm counting stars as I wait for the official 10.3 :/

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:17 AM
    For several years all my phones beginning with a 9000 have run leaks. Only one time was there a real issue and that was easily remedied. My style is to wait for people to test the OS for significant issues and report to the forums. No big issue and on it goes. Many times those leaked OS versions are in the pipeline for providers. Some are later released as official by one provider or another. In most every instance there has been some degree of improvement over the late to arrive official from my provider (ATT).
    02-04-15 01:03 PM
    I see... which leak r u running at the moment? Is iT flawless?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 02:09 PM
    Flawless is a pretty interesting concept. Running on the Z30 today is 10.3.1.2073. Smooth overall. No real hitches or issues. Have had one recognized spontaneous reboot. Otherwise the OS is all I ask for. Only one Android app. Very few social apps. The phone is a messaging monster but no games, no FaceBook, minimal Twitter. No other social apps at all.
    LoneStarRed, moody and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-04-15 03:30 PM
    Ahan. Ty for the answer. But tell me why do you prefer leaks? They are non optimized and unsupported. HUB integration is pathetic! I can't open any app from there :/ so I downgraded to 10.2.1 and I'm counting stars as I wait for the official 10.3 :/

Posted via CB10
    You do understand that all of us running leaks are not living with the problems you are listing here, right?

I have said this to you before, but maybe I wasn't clear. I will try again because I really, really want you to understand.

If you installed any of the latest leaks, you would have what you deem a "flawless" experience IF you ran an autoloader and DID NOT restore your backup.

If we're clear so far, I will continue.

The problem you have is that your device settings are corrupt, and interfere with the operation of 10.3.1. That is why you should not bring those settings to the new OS. This is why you had the problems you listed above. That is why you cannot restore your backup on the new OS.

I wish you the best of luck, but I do not believe that the official release will be any better for you than the latest leaks.

Until you are prepared to start clean, you may want to stay on 10.2.1.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2243
    Last edited by conite; 02-04-15 at 04:14 PM.
    02-04-15 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not really much difference in existing leaks than what some may receive as official... yes back when we first got 10.3 what six or seven months ago it was a real mess.

But bugs and glitches are just as common in an official release as they are in these higher numbered leaks.
    Ecm and Blacklatino like this.
    02-04-15 04:04 PM
    You do understand that all of us running leaks are not living with the problems you are listing here, right?

I have said this to you before, but maybe I wasn't clear. I will try again because I really, really want you to understand.

If you installed any of the latest leaks, you would have what you deem a "flawless" experience IF you ran an autoloader and DID NOT restore your backup.

The problem you have is that your device settings are corrupt, and interfere with the operation of 10.3.1. That is why you should not bring those settings to the new OS. This is why you had the problems you listed above. That is why you cannot restore your backup on the new OS.

I wish you the best of luck, but I do not believe that the official release will be any better for you than the latest leaks.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2243
    Actually the official one may help me out. I am on a fresh and a clean 10.2.1 since one month now.
    02-05-15 08:23 AM
    Not really much difference in existing leaks than what some may receive as official... yes back when we first got 10.3 what six or seven months ago it was a real mess.

But bugs and glitches are just as common in an official release as they are in these higher numbered leaks.
    Hmm lets see. I wont be installing a leak as there is not much time left for the official...
    02-05-15 08:24 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2243
    Conite, you either have the patience of a Saint or enjoy banging your head against a brick wall.

I hope that it is the former !!!
    Uzi, conite, 3hb78ftg and 8 others like this.
    02-05-15 09:52 AM
    Maybe I'll just try nailing jello to the wall today instead.
    02-05-15 10:13 AM
    OP are you Farouk in disguise?
    02-05-15 10:17 AM
    Maybe I'll just try nailing jello to the wall today instead.
    I think I'm going to give that a shot. Been looking for a challenge lately, that should take me around an hour to master

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    moody likes this.
    02-05-15 10:22 AM
    Hmm lets see. I wont be installing a leak as there is not much time left for the official...
    Maybe... maybe not. It all depends on your carrier and when it is released by them.

Will T-Mobile be releasing any updates on out of date hardware? Because in this day and age, two year old is pretty much EOL from the carrier's point of view.

But if you are on a Canadian Carrier.... yes it should be dropping just about any time now.
    02-05-15 10:24 AM
    Maybe... maybe not. It all depends on your carrier and when it is released by them.

Will T-Mobile be releasing any updates on out of date hardware? Because in this day and age, two year old is pretty much EOL from the carrier's point of view.

But if you are on a Canadian Carrier.... yes it should be dropping just about any time now.
    Simple as that. Just needed an answer like this. I just dont know what is wrong with some ppl here at CB. :S
    02-05-15 11:58 AM
    Simple as that. Just needed an answer like this. I just dont know what is wrong with some ppl here at CB. :S
    You ask minor variations of the same question by starting many new threads. It gets really old after a while. Your stated goal is getting enough posts to attain "CrackBerry Genius" . Are you going about that by being annoying and then acting as if others are the problem? I would say apparently yes. You are in danger of being ingored.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Pdinos3, thurask, Mecca EL and 5 others like this.
    02-05-15 12:19 PM
    You ask minor variations of the same question by starting many new threads. It gets really old after a while. Your stated goal is getting enough posts to attain "CrackBerry Genius" . Are you going about that by being annoying and then acting as if others are the problem? I would say apparently yes. You are in danger of being ingored.

I dont care about being a Genius! Im new here so I love knowing more about bb! I am a returning user and proud. What do you know? Ignore me if you want to. I start threads for me, right? Dont feel like answering then DONT! Not all members are like you. Someone kind will surely help me out . Good day....
    02-05-15 12:40 PM
    This guy is going for the record of how many repetitive threads he can post on one week. Hey they're not dumb leaks. It's those that screw up their loads that are the idio**s.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, noticed that as well.
    bungaboy and moody like this.
    02-05-15 12:57 PM
    Nothing wrong with starting threads to seek answers on a public forum- which means the content of the thread will get questioned if some feel the same questions were asked last week or the previous week.
    Mecca EL, bungaboy, moody and 2 others like this.
    02-05-15 01:03 PM
    Are you George Bush in disguise? I think you need to read the CB forums' rules.
    What's wrong with George Bush?
    Mecca EL, moody and LoneStarRed like this.
    02-05-15 01:06 PM
    Are you George Bush in disguise? I think you need to read the CB forums' rules.
    Since you mentioned them, I commend you to read items 2, 3, and 6 in the Forum Etiquette section.

I also think your generalization that people who load leaks are dumb is more insulting than being confused for someone who followed the exact same posting patterns in the past.
    02-05-15 01:14 PM
    Another one bites the dust,
    moody likes this.
    02-05-15 01:33 PM
    Considering that those who load leaks are looking and thinking outside the box and have to identify and solve problems your calling them dumb tells me a lot about you. Grow up.

Pdinos3 and bungaboy like this.
    02-05-15 03:04 PM
    What's wrong with George Bush?
    Was a leader of the infidels.
    bungaboy and LoneStarRed like this.
    02-05-15 03:09 PM
44 12