07-22-14 08:44 AM
30 12
tools
    Well as rumour has it, existing devices will have to wait a month or so for 10.3.1. I wouldn't mind that if it is aimed at customizing the software as per the hardware for current devices. I own a Q5. In my opinion, 2GM Ram and 1.2 Ghz Dual core Processors are good amount of power to run a phone. Inspite of so much power, My browser is really crappy. Doesn't respond well unless I delete all the history and cookies. Universal search is real slow. I have tried everything, Software relaods, security wipes. EVERYTHING. Media apps(Pictures, Music, Videos) take really long to load even though I have hardly about a 1000 pictures, 130 songs and 30 Videos. BBOS was faster! Whenever I open the pictures or music app, there is atleast a 3-4 seconds delay. And then ofcourse the speed of opening apps in general! They simply take too long. Whenever I try to show my phone to anyone, they only say one thing, apps take too long to open! So if 10.3.1 really optimizes everything for the current devices where they function solidly, no PIM services issue, no sudden battery drain, no battery pulls and restarts, I really don't mind waiting the extra 1 month or so. My phone gets laggy even when there is free memory of 500mb! Just want software issues to be gone, apps will come. Firstly the phone should work the way it is supposed to!
    07-20-14 04:29 AM
    Well as rumour has it, existing devices will have to wait a month or so for 10.3.1.
    It's not rumour, it's fact.

I wouldn't mind that if it is aimed at customizing the software as per the hardware for current devices. I own a Q5. In my opinion, 2GM Ram and 1.2 Ghz Dual core Processors are good amount of power to run a phone. Inspite of so much power, My browser is really crappy. Doesn't respond well unless I delete all the history and cookies.
    I have both Q10 and Q5 and browser works just fine on both devices. Better than on iPhone 5S, lol. (OS 10.2.1.3253).

I Universal search is real slow. I have tried everything, Software relaods, security wipes. EVERYTHING. Media apps(Pictures, Music, Videos) take really long to load even though I have hardly about a 1000 pictures, 130 songs and 30 Videos. BBOS was faster! Whenever I open the pictures or music app, there is atleast a 3-4 seconds delay. And then ofcourse the speed of opening apps in general! They simply take too long. Whenever I try to show my phone to anyone, they only say one thing, apps take too long to open!
    You are right. Opening these apps take years.I have about 50GB of music on SD card and opening Music app takes up to one minute - that's ridiculous. Hehe, I am not talking about Universal search which is really slow and half-baked. Almost every time first pressed key is not recognized. Guess "I am to fast for this 'supreme' OS".

The whole OS is bad optimized, it's undisputable fact.

So if 10.3.1 really optimizes everything for the current devices where they function solidly, no PIM services issue, no sudden battery drain, no battery pulls and restarts, I really don't mind waiting the extra 1 month or so. My phone gets laggy even when there is free memory of 500mb! Just want software issues to be gone, apps will come. Firstly the phone should work the way it is supposed to!
    I am bit sceptical about this... What I read about it here or on BBM Channels and Twitter, especially Michael Clewey's indicates that 10.3 will bring 'only new UI' and some new features, let's say about 15 that are worth to be mentioned.

I personally successfully reported three during the time I own Q10 (almost year exactly):
    - lags when using language with diacritics (Czech, Slovak, Polish etc) - confirmed about three months ago and still not fixed
    - can't boot phone when using LTE SIM with PIN - again confirmed and still not fixed - almost year old big and solution is to downgrade to 10.0, disable PIN and upgrade again, lol-
    - battery calibration (lot of others have this issue too) - confirmed and will be fixed in 10.3.

From my experience BlackBerry doesn't care about fixing bugs or they don't have any capacity to fix it.
    07-20-14 04:46 AM

I have both Q10 and Q5 and browser works just fine on both devices. Better than on iPhone 5S, lol. (OS 10.2.1.3253).

You are right. Opening these apps take years.I have about 50GB of music on SD card and opening Music app takes up to one minute - that's ridiculous. Hehe, I am not talking about Universal search which is really slow and half-baked. Almost every time first pressed key is not recognized. Guess "I am to fast for this 'supreme' OS".

I am bit sceptical about this... What I read about it here or on BBM Channels and Twitter, especially Michael Clewey's indicates that 10.3 will bring 'only new UI' and some new features, let's say about 15 that are worth to be mentioned.

I personally successfully reported three during the time I own Q10 (almost year exactly):
    - lags when using language with diacritics (Czech, Slovak, Polish etc) - confirmed about three months ago and still not fixed
    - can't boot phone when using LTE SIM with PIN - again confirmed and still not fixed - almost year old big and solution is to downgrade to 10.0, disable PIN and upgrade again, lol-
    - battery calibration (lot of others have this issue too) - confirmed and will be fixed in 10.3.

From my experience BlackBerry doesn't care about fixing bugs or they don't have any capacity to fix it.
    i have a Q10 too and I never had issues booting up my phone, i got my new sim in november and LTE works fine, so I assume its an LTE sim and i have pin too
    07-20-14 04:52 AM

Well my browser works fine in terms of surfing, but the menu options are very laggy whenever I try to open the menu(right ot left) its really laggy and will work fine only after I delete the history and cookies. Otherwise no problems in normal browsing. But dont find it insanely fast as others say (Tried it on 3G as well as WiFi, Mine isn't a 4G model since BlackBerry decides based on my location what goods I must be getting or not).
    I think more than anything BlackBerry should focus on the how the OS functions as a whole. The efficiency of it. The Universal search totally makes me feel that either I am too fast or the OS is too slow. Weird thing is, I didnt feel that way on BBOS. I guess whoever says BlackBerry doesnt need the processing power of androids, think again, Dual core processors and 2GB Rams arent enough, which is why the Passport is getting a Quad core Processor and more RAM.
    07-20-14 04:56 AM
    i have a Q10 too and I never had issues booting up my phone, i got my new sim in november and LTE works fine, so I assume its an LTE sim and i have pin too
    I am having this issues since beginning. If I had turned PIN of booting stuck at 99% and took one to three hours to complete.

Maybe it's carrier related (mine is O2 CZ) but it's really annoying. Knowing that it's documented bug and after a year still not fixed is little bit depressing and bashes BlackBerry credibility.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:12 AM
    I am having this issues since beginning. If I had turned PIN of booting stuck at 99% and took one to three hours to complete.

Maybe it's carrier related (mine is O2 CZ) but it's really annoying. Knowing that it's documented bug and after a year still not fixed is little bit depressing and bashes BlackBerry credibility.

Posted via CB10
    i see, well mine is factory unlocked, im on T-Mobile Hungary, I had that 99% thing too but it always continued after like a minute or two, thought it was just some general security check that took long like in BBOS days where the phone wouldnt even turn on in 10 minutes
    07-20-14 05:41 AM
    I think some of you need a faster memory card from the sound of it.

I have a San Disk ultra 64GB and its almost full of music.

Takes the music app maybe 4 seconds to load up.

there are cards which are even faster than mine now like the sandisk extreme micro sd.

Differentiate or Die
    vaioman and NightSlayer like this.
    07-20-14 06:02 PM
    Yep....im sure it's the mem card as well...especially if u got 50gb worth of music!

this s#*t right here...Z30 STA100-3 |10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 06:13 PM
    The lag that mainly bothers me is when opening an email, it needs to be super super snappy and immediate. And right now it's not. Some times it is smooth but other times it is painfully slow

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:37 PM
    I have it already

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:38 PM
    All devices slow down when the internal memory starts to get full.

Flash memory, SSDs, etc all have this problem.

Hope you all are using that SD card slot and dont go cheap. Buy a nice fast card.

Differentiate or Die
    07-20-14 06:57 PM
    All devices slow down when the internal memory starts to get full.

Flash memory, SSDs, etc all have this problem.

Hope you all are using that SD card slot and dont go cheap. Buy a nice fast card.

Differentiate or Die
    I have a scandisk ultra class 10 16GB memory card which is 86% free. My phone memory is 64% free. Have hardly 6 apps installed in total (all from BBW) would you still like to say I need a faster memory card? And mine doesn't take a minute. But takes around 4-5 seconds. Which is too long. Makes u wait, definitely doesn't keep me moving.
    07-20-14 11:16 PM
    The lag that mainly bothers me is when opening an email, it needs to be super super snappy and immediate. And right now it's not. Some times it is smooth but other times it is painfully slow

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. HUB is so moody. Sometimes it's so snappy that you will feel so impressed. But on a lot of occasions it has a lag when opening messages.
    07-20-14 11:18 PM
    I have a scandisk ultra class 10 16GB memory card which is 86% free. My phone memory is 64% free. Have hardly 6 apps installed in total (all from BBW) would you still like to say I need a faster memory card? And mine doesn't take a minute. But takes around 4-5 seconds. Which is too long. Makes u wait, definitely doesn't keep me moving.
    I can't believe you guys are complaining about 4-5 second load times. I run two ssds in raid 0 (reading at ~800mb/s) with 8gb of ddr3-2133 and Firefox takes 8 seconds to load. I think 4-5 for a music app is just fine. Hell, I just loaded windows media player and it took 5 seconds. And for the people who want software issues to go away, not gonna happen. A little thing called Microsoft Windows has been around since the early 80s and it's still full of software issues.

Posted via CB10
    NightSlayer likes this.
    07-20-14 11:33 PM
    'cause 800mb/s is pretty slow. Shoot, my internet is in the MB/s range.
    07-20-14 11:49 PM
    I can't believe you guys are complaining about 4-5 second load times. I run two ssds in raid 0 (reading at ~800mb/s) with 8gb of ddr3-2133 and Firefox takes 8 seconds to load. I think 4-5 for a music app is just fine. Hell, I just loaded windows media player and it took 5 seconds. And for the people who want software issues to go away, not gonna happen. A little thing called Microsoft Windows has been around since the early 80s and it's still full of software issues.

Posted via CB10
    Then why is it that bbos didn't take so long? Why is it that other platforms don't take so long to load the music app?
    07-20-14 11:54 PM
    I think some of you need a faster memory card from the sound of it.

I have a San Disk ultra 64GB and its almost full of music.

Takes the music app maybe 4 seconds to load up.

there are cards which are even faster than mine now like the sandisk extreme micro sd.

Differentiate or Die
    I have same (I guess) memcard - Sandisk 64GB Ultra Class 10. So it's OS problem because it works normally in my Android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:54 AM
    What about cpu usage? I too have this lag when BBM abuse my cpu to 50%

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:09 AM
    Then why is it that bbos didn't take so long? Why is it that other platforms don't take so long to load the music app?
    I doubt that other platforms load 50 gig of music faster.

Maybe iphone is slightly faster because its doesnt use external memory but 3-4 seconds its not a big deal.

Differentiate or Die
    07-21-14 01:10 AM
    I doubt that other platforms load 50 gig of music faster.

Maybe iphone is slightly faster because its doesnt use external memory but 3-4 seconds its not a big deal.

Differentiate or Die
    I am not talking about loading 50gig of music. I have hardly 500mb of music.
    07-21-14 02:20 AM
    Downloading now

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:35 AM
    I am not talking about loading 50gig of music. I have hardly 500mb of music.
    10.3 ive noticed at least on my Z30 is faster when opening apps and such.

Have you tried 10.3?

Differentiate or Die
    07-21-14 06:42 PM
    I think part of your slow search and music app is the quality of the micro SD you are using. Some are faster than others

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 09:20 PM
    10.3 ive noticed at least on my Z30 is faster when opening apps and such.

Have you tried 10.3?

Differentiate or Die
    Haven't tried 10.3 yet. Hoping 10.3/10.3.1 gets rid of this whenever it comes.
    07-21-14 10:11 PM
    I think part of your slow search and music app is the quality of the micro SD you are using. Some are faster than others

Posted via CB10
    I am using a scandisk Ultra class 10 memory card. And the amount of data I have(130 songs), I think any memory card used should load it faster!
    07-21-14 10:12 PM
30 12