12-02-13 05:25 PM
29 12
tools
    It had been a few days with this leak installed on my stl100-1 and so far it has been a nightmare!! I did the load and after completing setup, only restored settings and media, as I read that restoring the app data was the reason for corrupt backups. But now I have been experiencing these issue:

- Phone turned off @40-60% battery, and the battery itself never gave troubles and always had "green" status, after the install it whent to "red" status
    - Screen goes black for no reason and had to press ON/OFF buttons to turn it on
    - Picture Password only worked the first 10 times and after that it just showed a black screen with nothing else, or a black screen with numbers but no picture to place my chosen number
    - When using the phone normally sometimes it just reboot itself out of the nowhere
    - And today it turned off and I took out the battery, insert it again, and nothing.

I don't know how is it possible that many of stl100-1 users reports almost no problems besides some minimal bugs, and I am having a whole crisis with this leak.

I tried to reload software with link but it says that I have problems of conection and I don't know how's that possible when it's happening the same moment I'm writing this post.

Any help would be apreciated, SOSSSSS!
    11-25-13 10:45 AM
    I would suggest a reload of your OS and no restore at all.... setting can and. will cause issues. Be sure to do a security wipe as well after reloading. Good luck. P.S. Make sure you have the correct OS file for your device

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z30 powered by 10.2.1.(latest Leak)
    anon1727506 and m1kr0 like this.
    11-25-13 10:51 AM
    I think you read it wrong. Restoring the settings would corrupt the OS. Not the app data.
    So I suggest you to reload the OS, then restore only the apps and media, but not the settings. Beware though, that all of your password in password keeper would not be restored as it can only be restored if you restore your settings.
    11-25-13 10:52 AM
    Are you positive you used the correct leak for you device?
    Maybe you used the Q version or the one for the stl 2 or 3?
    11-25-13 10:54 AM
    No restore, no security wipe.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.2.1.1055
    11-25-13 10:55 AM
    I think you read it wrong. Restoring the settings would corrupt the OS. Not the app data.
    So I suggest you to reload the OS, then restore only the apps and media, but not the settings. Beware though, that all of your password in password keeper would not be restored as it can only be restored if you restore your settings.
    I always restore settings and have had ZERO problems.
    I have always had problems with app data. Link often will stall trying to backup the app data. I think that this has been fixed in the newest release though.
    If you side load the new password keeper that was mentioned today on the main page, you can export your passwords before you wipe
    11-25-13 10:56 AM
    I would reload the os wipe then reload the os again and go with a clean install

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 11:01 AM
    I would suggest a reload of your OS and no restore at all.... setting can and. will cause issues. Be sure to do a security wipe as well after reloading. Good luck. P.S. Make sure you have the correct OS file for your device

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z30 powered by 10.2.1.(latest Leak)
    I'm trying to do that but the phone doesn't turn on with the battery and conected to the original wall charger. I downloaded the right version of this leak for the stl100-1
    11-25-13 11:03 AM
    Are you positive you used the correct leak for you device?
    Maybe you used the Q version or the one for the stl 2 or 3?
    Yes, Yes I'm because at the moment when I downloaded, it was only available for mi model
    11-25-13 11:06 AM
    You can get the new leaked password keeper first export password to external media, reload OS, install new leaked password keeper and import saved passwords voila!

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1055 thank you very much!!
    11-25-13 11:13 AM
    I never restore , just move on by downloading the new apps and adding my accounts in no time.

I have purchased this sms backup app for my sms and rest i can manage.

My contacts are synced in the cloud. And office emails just add up real quick and easy.

I see no point in doing all the restore stuffs , though it might be crucial where we have to consider the data usage.
    11-25-13 11:58 AM
    follow these steps and let us know: (this was posted by a member in the forums before)
    1. Pull out the battery
    2. connect to computer
    3. download an autoloader (you already have this)
    4. Run the autoloader, your phone LED should go green, after it asks your password if you have one
    5. Wait until the CMD-link prompt is done and your phone LED stops blinking green
    6. Put your battery back in
    7. Boot
    Lord_Jareth_89 likes this.
    11-25-13 12:54 PM
    follow these steps and let us know: (this was posted by a member in the forums before)
    1. Pull out the battery
    2. connect to computer
    3. download an autoloader (you already have this)
    4. Run the autoloader, your phone LED should go green, after it asks your password if you have one
    5. Wait until the CMD-link prompt is done and your phone LED stops blinking green
    6. Put your battery back in
    7. Boot
    Done step-by-step, is booting right now, will report later when the software finish to settle down good. Hope this works, Do you think a security wipe after initial setup would be right?
    11-25-13 01:10 PM
    Done step-by-step, is booting right now, will report later when the software finish to settle down good. Hope this works, Do you think a security wipe after initial setup would be right?
    I would wipe just because you have had all these problems but after the wipe reload the autoloader as sometimes when wiping it will give issues with apns ect if the autoloader isn't reloaded after wipe

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 01:12 PM
    Please don't do security wipe on STL 100-1 after the install. It messes up the WiFi and the voice/MMS settings from your carrier. Please do not restore anything, set up everything from fresh. Good luck.
    11-25-13 01:14 PM
    On my first 10.2.1.1055 install, I had several problems although some of them are intermittent. It made me go back to 10.2.0.1803. The OS I loaded have 'No information available' on Software Release so I loaded the OS again (this is an OCD problem, BTW) As the autoloader runs, the installation was interrupted. I failed to notice that the battery's low. The failed procedure soft-bricked my device. I decided to install 10.2.1.1055 again and to my surprise, most of the intermittent problems went away. Now, I don't suggest soft-bricking your phone. It just happens to work on me.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    11-25-13 01:17 PM
    After you have done that, don't start installing all the Android apps you would like to. Please go to BB App World and install Skype on your phone. After you have installed Skype, wait a few minutes, start Skype - this is to start up your Android runtime. Wait for Skype to fully load up before you shut it down. After you have done that successfully, wait another few minutes. Then press and hold your power button on the STL 100-1 for at least 20 seconds until you see the spinning blue startup logo. Release and wait for it to fully boot. Start Skype again to check that your android runtime is active. If all good, you can start loading your apps and setting up all your accounts.

The first 24 hours expect battery drain/heat as the OS settles in. Good luck.
    11-25-13 01:33 PM
    Will do... I'll report in a few days if it worked and all my issues come to an end.

PS. Just in case I'm downloading 10.2.0.424 official with sachesi, if nothing goes as I want (:
    11-25-13 03:00 PM
    Cool
    Hope it works out. Just to let you know I'm running 10.2.1.1055 on STL 100-1 with absolutely NO issues and several direct installed apk apps. Good luck. I'm not subscribed to the tread and I'm about to update my Nexus tab to The new Android 4.4 Kit Kat that just got pushed to my device, so I will loose all history. PM me if you need to further discuss.
    11-25-13 03:28 PM
    After you have done that, don't start installing all the Android apps you would like to. Please go to BB App World and install Skype on your phone. After you have installed Skype, wait a few minutes, start Skype - this is to start up your Android runtime. Wait for Skype to fully load up before you shut it down. After you have done that successfully, wait another few minutes. Then press and hold your power button on the STL 100-1 for at least 20 seconds until you see the spinning blue startup logo. Release and wait for it to fully boot. Start Skype again to check that your android runtime is active. If all good, you can start loading your apps and setting up all your accounts.

The first 24 hours expect battery drain/heat as the OS settles in. Good luck.
    Hey Mik,
    I have just wiped my data and I am willing to install 10.2 and bb is turned off with a green LED on. Can you please guide me? i am using unlocked Verizon
    11-26-13 06:17 AM
    If you have downloaded the autoloader (exe file) appropriate for your device, do not connect your smartphone to your PC yet. On your PC, stop and close all BlackBerry software (Blackberry desktop and Link), start the autoloader by double clicking the executable. Wait until the loading window comes up, prompting for a device. Connect your phone via USB to your PC and wait for the autoloader to finish the job. Don't remove your device until it has finished rebooting and you can see the phone's normal home screen. At this point you can proceed to set up normally.

Since your device is already showing a green LED, I omitted the steps to backup your data first because your phone will not be responsive during the green light plus you have already done a security wipe.
    Intense Soul likes this.
    11-26-13 07:27 AM
    Please don't do security wipe on STL 100-1 after the install. It messes up the WiFi and the voice/MMS settings from your carrier. Please do not restore anything, set up everything from fresh. Good luck.
    If you reinstall the autoloader after the wipe it should fix those problems

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:32 AM
    #mikr, when I charge my Z10, the charge lightening blinks next to the battery. Is that common thing?
    11-26-13 09:29 AM
    If it blinks red initially, cool. It will ultimately stop once the battery is picking up charge above 20%. If it does not stop, your battery is probably not charging. If you are using the BB charger and left it to charge for 24 hours, your battery is probably damaged and may require replacement.
    11-26-13 09:57 AM
    that's the region where the blink is occuring

I think the 10.2.1.1055 "broke" my Z10-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:05 AM
29 12