My Q10 sends every text message twice. Anybody else has this issue too? Any solutions. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:47 PM
    I have also noticed this, but I am on .1047. It seems that alot of my contacts got duplicated and the BB linked them together giving many contacts two numbers. It sometimes makes texts I send a group text and sends two copies to the same number.
    08-19-13 05:56 PM
    I mentioned to someone on 1047 that it might be a restore issue. I told them to security wipe and see if it happened before restoring again but I don't think he ever answered me... so if you have time do that. make sure you hard reset, flip airplane mode, reset the hun, etc first though.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    08-19-13 08:16 PM
    I mentioned to someone on 1047 that it might be a restore issue. I told them to security wipe and see if it happened before restoring again but I don't think he ever answered me... so if you have time do that. make sure you hard reset, flip airplane mode, reset the hun, etc first though.

I will try 2day. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:17 PM
    Are you in a good signal area?

Check to make sure your system time is not manually set also, but rather carrier provided.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.0.1047 pin:2AE7310D
    toobs623 and MikeFromCanada like this.
    08-19-13 08:35 PM
    Are you in a good signal area?

Check to make sure your system time is not manually set also, but rather carrier provided.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.0.1047 pin:2AE7310D
    Forgot about that good call.

08-19-13 08:44 PM
    I did a security wipe, re-installed the os and not restored anything this time. Seems to be ok now. Thanks everybody

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-19-13 11:06 PM
    I found that with a couple leaks my text messages would get sent twice. Most recently the 10.2.0.1047. I noticed that the duplicate texts were all being sent as mms and not sms. Previously I'd just go to settings and change the message to sms and things were fine. Not with the 1047 leak. I had to delete the conversation and start a new one and then it was fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:20 PM
    It's an odd issue, I had it before. It'd a contacts problem.

If you do a search for a contact name, sometimes they come up with a "phantom" contact that's not visible on the main contact screen, delete it from there, and it should be good to go

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    08-19-13 11:50 PM
    I can't explain this bug, but I know that it does exist and I know how I've fixed it and what has been going on when it has happened to me...

This has been happening to me with one person, who I have in my contacts from multiple sources. Gmail, Live, stored on phone... spelled in more than one way... just a totally messed up contact from somehow duplicating him and having him more than once in multiple places.

First, I deleted superfluous contact entries and reduced the number of "links" by deleting him until I only had one entry for him on my gmail contacts and one on my facebook. I changed his "work" number to a "mobile" number. Then it stopped double texting him and automatically making it group txt/mms.

Now I can send him an SMS and it doesn't go twice.

When you are bootleg installing leaked OS's and you have multiple sources for contacts, there is a lot of room for error and things get weird and your contact lists get a little crazy. You have to put in some effort to prune the weirdness and make it make sense. This aggravates some imperfect programming in the BB10 OS. Make it simple and the phone can cope.
    Anansiil likes this.
    08-19-13 11:52 PM
    I found that with a couple leaks my text messages would get sent twice. Most recently the 10.2.0.1047. I noticed that the duplicate texts were all being sent as mms and not sms. Previously I'd just go to settings and change the message to sms and things were fine. Not with the 1047 leak. I had to delete the conversation and start a new one and then it was fine.
    Yes, I've had the same issue several times before after doing a restore. Sucks, but delete the sms message conversation(s) and it's been good for me afterwards each time.
    08-20-13 08:26 AM
    I had the same issue (would send duplicates - one to the contact and one to the contact with a + infront of teh number, and always in MMS) - once i deleted all of my text history it stopped - any new texts only went once.
    08-20-13 11:47 AM
    This is happening to me. Even after deleting a text history (thread) with friends who are getting duplicate texts from me, the problem may stop for a while but then it eventually starts again. I have the same alert that you guys do, "This email will be sent in MMS mode" blah blah, whatever that means. The info label shows the contact's name twice but there is only ONE in my Contacts if you look there. No way to delete the second. WTF. Does anyone know if Blackberry's update that's supposedly coming out soon will address this bug??? It really sucks.
    10-03-13 08:10 PM
    I have the exact same problem. About half of my texts are coming in or going out duplicates. How do I stop this?
    10-28-13 12:40 AM
    ive had this happen recently any ideas guys?
    05-31-14 12:22 PM