05-02-15 01:15 PM
    TROLL!
    Who me? never

Posted via CB10
    stevovr likes this.
    05-02-15 08:46 PM
    agreed - seemingly no issues
    05-02-15 09:07 PM
    I always investigate carefully before installing a leak. Always read through the "findings/ fixes", etc. Leaks are *always* a risk, so I want to be sure I am getting an OS that has very few flaws, addresses an issue(s) I need, etc. I did not install 3.2.500 because I easily saw the warnings about "no turning back."
    Due Diligence!
    James Blight likes this.
    05-02-15 10:39 PM
    I always investigate carefully before installing a leak. Always read through the "findings/ fixes", etc. Leaks are *always* a risk, so I want to be sure I am getting an OS that has very few flaws, addresses an issue(s) I need, etc. I did not install 3.2.500 because I easily saw the warnings about "no turning back."
    Due Diligence!
    Doing "due diligence" should be a must but some users behave like a dog in heat when a leak drops and install without care. This is fine if one has multiple devices but if one has only one phone, due diligence should be paramount.

I applaud the "to heck with it" attitude of those who dive right into a leak as it is through their efforts that the rest of the community get feedback to make informed choices. For those who are a little bit more timid or who cannot afford to be without their phone, waiting a couple of days while reading the forums can save them a ton of grief.

After reading through the forums for several days, I still decided to install 10.3.2.500 and even if I could go back, I wouldn't want to as I am quite satisfied with it.
    05-03-15 03:28 AM
    Just asking is your battery draining fast coz mine is kinda draining fast

Posted via CB10
    I have no battery drain for 3 days since update to 10.3.2.500
    05-03-15 08:18 AM
    Most of the "early adopters" I see know what they are doing and how to fix it if something gets bork'ed. Sure, we need them to get the feedback before folks like me dive in. I've screwed up on occasion and learned how to get and execute the fixes, but I don't like it!
    05-03-15 10:13 AM
    how ISNT it stolen property? what do you think a leak is? if it wasn't stolen, blackberry would have released it themselves
    I have an awful hard time calling leaked beta software stolen, when it will never be sold for a price. Should it be leaked? Well, no, but it is. The only possible "penalty" would be for the leakers, not those using it. The only way I would consider it stolen is if a competitor was trying to use parts of it in their own software.
    05-03-15 11:23 AM
    I wouldn't describe this as stolen, but I would describe the wide-spread distribution of it as on intended.

I would also suggest that we can't really complain if it screws up our devices if we aren't in the beta group. We also can't really complain if the software feels unfinished.

So many leak users install first and ask questions later, this one is a perfect example of why that's bad policy. That said, I realize this leak is actually pretty solid. I have it installed on a Z 30 and I'm enjoying it so far.

I have installed every leak I have been able to find since about 10.1. I have only had to "downgrade" once as I recall due to an issue with workspace file manager (BlackBerry Balance). That said, it is for reasons like this that I hesitate on jumping on the newest leak without doing some research first.

 Z30 STA100-5 on OS 10.3.1.2744 / SR 10.3.1.1889
    05-03-15 11:35 AM
    I have an awful hard time calling leaked beta software stolen, when it will never be sold for a price. Should it be leaked? Well, no, but it is. The only possible "penalty" would be for the leakers, not those using it. The only way I would consider it stolen is if a competitor was trying to use parts of it in their own software.
    It's stolen intellectual property. It's a federal crime regardless of what you personally believe on the subject.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    05-06-15 04:00 PM
    I think it is harsh to tell the OP that they should have known. I have tried most leaks since 10.3.1 and would have missed this issue if I hadn't stumbled upon Thurask's mention while reading an unrelated thread.

The first download thread for 10.3.2.5 did not warn people about the inability to downgrade. Most of the device-specific threads now have a warning, which is nice. Does sachesi warn before installing?
    There has always been a warning, with every single leak even dating back to the BBOS days. Common notion with leaks is to proceed at your own risk.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-06-15 04:31 PM
    It's stolen intellectual property. It's a federal crime regardless of what you personally believe on the subject.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    Then most of us BB users should be sitting in a nice federal prison cell with room service. Crime or not, most of us don't care.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-06-15 04:35 PM
    Just asking is your battery draining fast coz mine is kinda draining fast

Posted via CB10
    Mine isn't on Passport 10.3.2.500. Battery life is fine

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:19 AM
    Hey guys i cant downgrade from 10.3.2.500.. Can someone help me please?
    Why you want to downgrade?

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-07-15 08:26 AM
    Your neighbor takes time and effort to paint a painting and hang it on his wall. He never intends on selling it. If a guest invited into his home takes it without permission and gives it to a friend, is it stolen?
    05-07-15 01:12 PM
    Your neighbor takes time and effort to paint a painting and hang it on his wall. He never intends on selling it. If a guest invited into his home takes it without permission and gives it to a friend, is it stolen?
    Oh relax. What if there are 10 houses on the block and 7 of those houses received a special gift and 3 decided to share it with the ones who didn't get that gift. Stuff happens. Get over it. The only ones causing a stink over it are the ones who got it, felt special, and hated the fact that others got it. Nuff said

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 03:30 PM
    May I ask to forum, if this is stolen software. It mean this forum must be closed.
    We know number under 1000, still in development state. We know the risk... and our input will help BlackBerry to improve the OS to be more stable and give them our inspiration.
    Our community care about BlackBerry and it mean we are loyal to BlackBerry.
    We multiply their testing environment. More tester and more comments will be better and speed up their development and may be give them customers need.
    Hope what we doing is helping BlackBerry back to be important OS and gadgets not only for companies but for individuals that love and will be love BlackBerry.
    Because it's stability and hope nicer GUI.
    Cross my finger for it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it helps as much as some people seem to think. Yes, people can come here and complain and hopefully someone working in the software department reads the topic and passes on the info, but that's unlikely. Also, any info they gather has to be with a grain of salt. There are too many variables. We're not in a testing environment where we all have the exact same devices and the exact same apps installed using them in identical ways in the same countries on the same network.
    05-08-15 09:36 PM
    Lol, how do u know if ur food taste good? It's by giving it to people....... blackberry can't pop out with an official update if there are no leaks or beta versions for developers to comment & improve on, the advantage for us having to test and comment is a welcome development, thus opening doors for easier and faster development. Believe me, in one way or the other blackberry and developers see our complains and they try to make adjustment as quickly as possible, this is thus not illegal in anyway, and if blackberry decides to sale there os or leaks for testing, the bugs would be much, and there would be less users of BlackBerry 10 phones. So learn to appreciate the Leaks and OS u see here.

Posted via CB10
    mirelle917 likes this.
    05-09-15 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry has been fully aware that leaking has been going on for years. As a matter of fact, BlackBerry actively interacts with people who are using leaked builds from time to time.

This produces a legal precedent, and any legal action would most likely be quickly thrown out.

Just like if someone builds something that encroaches on your property. If you don't take action for a given period of time, you give up your legal right to that piece of property.

The painting example given earlier would work the same way. If you always have guests over and they always walk away with the paintings on your wall, after many years and many parties, you would not be in a legal position to pursue someone for taking a painting unless you explicitly notified your guests that this was no longer allowed.

Bottom line: even if it was once considered "theft", it no longer becomes so after years and years of knowingly and expressly allowing it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by conite; 05-09-15 at 11:02 AM.
    05-09-15 10:45 AM
44 12