So I was looking at the Hub, and thinking how it can really slow me down if I've done a search within hub, opened up an email, and maybe started a reply draft. Getting back to that root level takes a few taps at this point. Having never tapped it, I left my draft open and went over to my app view and tapped on the Hub icon. I was brought to the hub, but right to the same place I left off.

The Hub icon COULD be a powerful tool, and the only way I see it getting onto power users' home screens is if it brings you to the top level of the Hub. It needs to be a shortcut to the TOP of the hub. Nuff said.

I also would love for a section to be added to the Hub, much like how we have Priority Hub, just drop a section right underneath it called Unread. Or maybe a toggle for the hub view. Like we have "View Only Priority Messages"... add a second toggle for "View Only Unread Items." I think both of these would be awesome additions. Keep moving! Keep improving!
    just_luc and imz like this.
    08-27-13 04:09 PM
    Try the search function in the Hub.

Hub icon shortcut to top level view?-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    imz and kevets like this.
    08-27-13 04:12 PM
    So I was looking at the Hub, and thinking how it can really slow me down if I've done a search within hub, opened up an email, and maybe started a reply draft. Getting back to that root level takes a few taps at this point. Having never tapped it, I left my draft open and went over to my app view and tapped on the Hub icon. I was brought to the hub, but right to the same place I left off.

The Hub icon COULD be a powerful tool, and the only way I see it getting onto power users' home screens is if it brings you to the top level of the Hub. It needs to be a shortcut to the TOP of the hub. Nuff said.

I also would love for a section to be added to the Hub, much like how we have Priority Hub, just drop a section right underneath it called Unread. Or maybe a toggle for the hub view. Like we have "View Only Priority Messages"... add a second toggle for "View Only Unread Items." I think both of these would be awesome additions. Keep moving! Keep improving!

THIS GUY ^ has some really good idea's..

I agree with everyting you said above.
    08-27-13 04:13 PM
    Have been waiting for this since I bought the z10.

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1371
    08-27-13 04:22 PM
    Try the search function in the Hub.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	329 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	196259

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, that is a good alternative, but its still like 4 or 5 taps to get that view up from the hub. Imagine if you could slide your Hub over and BAM, pop into a view of all your unread items grouped together. That would be powerful right there.

Heck, if a developer can figure it out, here is a free app opportunity that will make you money.

Hub Shortcuts, Quick Hub, something like that.
    Features: Allows user to create home screen icons to launch certain sections of the Hub. Launch the top level, Priority Hub view, or maybe a particular account you want to be able to jump to. Nice option would be if you could have a shortcut for a saved search or something custom.
    08-27-13 04:24 PM
    The Hub is arguably the best feature of BB10 right now. I can only see BlackBerry improving it as the OS development continues. I expect big improvements to come.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:28 PM
    My awful mock up:

Hub icon shortcut to top level view?-unread.jpg
    just_luc likes this.
    08-27-13 04:44 PM
    Great idea, I've thought the same for sometime on unread messages. Also make the hub order customisable.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:03 PM