03-15-14 01:52 AM
123 ... 2345
tools
    Ah ok. Yeah I have my personal email at hosting.ca on EAS. But it's my work email that uses google apps. Have to work with what the office gives me there.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-29-14 08:35 PM
    if no solution found than I think, I need to go back to previous version only where it was working great.

Any suggestion ?
    01-30-14 04:43 PM
    Guys, I went through support for this issue and I think we may have a resolution.

1. Delete the Google Apps account.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Add Account as "IMAP"
    4. Imap server: imap.googlemail.com
    5. Smtp server: smtp.googlemail.com
    6. SSL on for both.
    7. Save
    8. Reboot
    9. Let it sync for a few mins and test and see if it works..

Good luck.
    02-11-14 02:08 PM
    Guys, I went through support for this issue and I think we may have a resolution.

1. Delete the Google Apps account.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Add Account as "IMAP"
    4. Imap server: imap.googlemail.com
    5. Smtp server: smtp.googlemail.com
    6. SSL on for both.
    7. Save
    8. Reboot
    9. Let it sync for a few mins and test and see if it works..

Good luck.
    Thanks for the post. However, that is not a solution (and has already been posted about in this thread, I believe.) That bypasses Enterprise Active Sync (EAS) which is what Google App subscribers pay for and grandfathered free accounts get and sets up using IMAP. IMAP is nowhere near as good as EAS. Caldav and Cardav are used for contact and calendar sync and, in my opinion suck big time.

At this time there is no solution for EAS setups for forwarding or replying (while leaving HTML coding in tact).

Here is the KB BlackBerry put out a few days ago. Still don't know whether it's a Google issue or BB issue but since it all worked fine until the OS update it's likely an OS problem.

KB35696-"HTML is disabled by IT policy" is displayed when composing a new email on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    Supa_Fly1 and jrohland like this.
    02-11-14 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the KB link, at least they are working on it. I'm living with this bug since I installed the 1925 leak. Never thought they would release this version as "official"

posted via CB10 on the amazing Z10 keyboard
    02-11-14 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the post. However, that is not a solution (and has already been posted about in this thread, I believe.) That bypasses Enterprise Active Sync (EAS) which is what Google App subscribers pay for and grandfathered free accounts get and sets up using IMAP. IMAP is nowhere near as good as EAS. Caldav and Cardav are used for contact and calendar sync and, in my opinion suck big time.

At this time there is no solution for EAS setups for forwarding or replying (while leaving HTML coding in tact).

Here is the KB BlackBerry put out a few days ago. Still don't know whether it's a Google issue or BB issue but since it all worked fine until the OS update it's likely an OS problem.

KB35696-"HTML is disabled by IT policy" is displayed when composing a new email on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    Dammit!
    So I'm losing the functionality of EAS (instantaneous email maybe?) completely with the migration to IMAP?

Thanks so much for the KB link. Wish there was a way to "upvote" the darned thing.
    02-11-14 03:19 PM
    I switched to Outlook.com. Everything works perfectly. EAS syncs everything. Calendar invites between my wife and I work perfectly, as well. Sorry Google. In done with you.
    anon1727506 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-11-14 03:48 PM
    I switched to Outlook.com. Everything works perfectly. EAS syncs everything. Calendar invites between my wife and I work perfectly, as well. Sorry Google. In done with you.
    You mean you switched to Outlook.com ala Windows For Domains? Can I host my domain with them and get the EAS?
    02-11-14 04:58 PM
    No, I don't know if they offer that kind of service. Just using it for personal.
    02-11-14 05:46 PM
    You mean you switched to Outlook.com ala Windows For Domains? Can I host my domain with them and get the EAS?
    Host domains anywhere. Mail with Outlook. Still get EAS. Unlimited mailbox space. Min 50 accounts for free. Suppose this is a start http://domains.live.com/

I'm abandoning Google Apps for Busines, and Drive. Compared to MS's more recent offerings, Google's stuff looks to be the result of some US-centric amateur hour, which barely works in Chrome/Android, let alone other platforms. Screw their agenda.
    02-12-14 09:07 AM
    Find and try " Crackutil " it resets any IT Policy

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:38 AM
    Host domains anywhere. Mail with Outlook. Still get EAS. Unlimited mailbox space. Min 50 accounts for free. Suppose this is a start http://domains.live.com/

I'm abandoning Google Apps for Busines, and Drive. Compared to MS's more recent offerings, Google's stuff looks to be the result of some US-centric amateur hour, which barely works in Chrome/Android, let alone other platforms. Screw their agenda.
    I set up our work email accounts through this last year and it works perfectly. (just a small store). Outlook.com for email, calendar, and contacts is awesome. It doesn't hurt having Skydrive with Office apps available on the Web either. Works great! Free too!

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    02-12-14 09:42 AM
    Find and try " Crackutil " it resets any IT Policy

Posted via CB10
    It's not that kind of IT policy.
    02-12-14 09:50 AM
    It may not be IT policy related at all and may be some other bug.

I got my personal hosting at hosting.ca. Works great. They also have old BES and BES 10 if you wanna add that, but I just have EAS.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-12-14 11:21 PM
    Still relies on NOC, so while not technically BIS, it's still requiring a connection to the BlackBerry servers.
    Incorrect.

BB10 devices now use regular internet ports for IMAP/POP3/EAS, only BBM still uses the NOC route via the carriers APN/GGSN or yru home wifi connections. The ONLY BB10 devices that use the NOC for EAS/Lotus Domino and I think recently updated for support for GroupWise is BES10 connected devices (or those still using Fusion, BES10's precursor).

ANY carrier, ANY that try to specifically sell you a BES connection for BB10 devices is ripping you a new one and are NOT following BlackBerry's standard practices for BB10. Bell Mobility does this in Canada and users are having issues; but hey what do you expect from the only carrier here also trying to sell a KNOX solution
    02-13-14 01:01 AM
    I second this!!

Some benefits also include:
    Calendar has a "specific" option to determine notifications: on device (15mins before appointment for example) and also for the online calendar to Email you a nice touch and has been there since 10.0.x.

Also Outlook.com Calendar updates on Windows 7 Outlook clients, Windows 8 Outlook 2013 and if you're thinking of switching to WP8.1 well yeah it'll auto sync there too.
    02-13-14 01:07 AM
    Incorrect.

BB10 devices now use regular internet ports for IMAP/POP3/EAS, only BBM still uses the NOC route via the carriers APN/GGSN or yru home wifi connections. The ONLY BB10 devices that use the NOC for EAS/Lotus Domino and I think recently updated for support for GroupWise is BES10 connected devices (or those still using Fusion, BES10's precursor).

ANY carrier, ANY that try to specifically sell you a BES connection for BB10 devices is ripping you a new one and are NOT following BlackBerry's standard practices for BB10. Bell Mobility does this in Canada and users are having issues; but hey what do you expect from the only carrier here also trying to sell a KNOX solution
    A connection to the NOC is required for BBM. The BlackBerry logo means you're connected to BlackBerry services. A specific data plan is not required to make that connection.
    02-13-14 02:48 AM
    You didn't read my post I clearly stated NOC is for bbm

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-13-14 05:27 AM
    So you did. That's what happens when you post at 3:45am!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-13-14 07:33 AM
    So you did. That's what happens when you post at 3:45am!
    Lol no worries it's happened to me as well and happens to the best of us.

Cheers fellow blackberry forums (not a BlackBerry site) member of old times.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-14-14 02:26 AM
    So, the IMAP connection I'm using seems to have suddenly started doing push. I get notifications seconds after I receive on desktop. No idea how. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm looking into Outlook for my own domains and like someone else mentioned, hosting.ca for my work email that I want to get with push.
    02-14-14 09:25 AM
    Yes, gmail IMAP is push for new mail. Other syncs like reads and deletes are per the schedule you set.
    02-14-14 09:39 AM
    Yes, gmail IMAP is push for new mail. Other syncs like reads and deletes are per the schedule you set.
    Yeah but initially it was mentioned here that the error went away because it's IMAP for the Google Apps setup as recommended by the BlackBerry rep. It was also stated that I now lose the ability for complete push and it was evidently so because the emails were delivering late. But now, they're pretty much on time.
    02-14-14 10:27 AM
    It's not complete push. It pushes new mail only. If it was delivering late it was a hiccup. Still, IMAP is not as good as EAS.
    02-14-14 10:35 AM
    This bug is finally fixed in the latest 10.2.1.2102 (OS Version 10.2.1.2141) which is rolling out right now from certain carriers!
    I just received the OTA update from my carrier (Three Austria) and you can reply to HTML emails using a paid Google Apps EAS account without any issues as it was on 10.2.0 and lower.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-14-14 12:35 PM
123 ... 2345