I had this problem too. I fixed it by deleting the email account, then re-adding it. Accounts, Add Account, then selected "Email, Calendar and Contacts". I enter my work email address that is hosted on the Gmail business apps, and it just figured out the rest on its own somehow after prompting me for password, etc. I didn't even have to enter any hostname. I can now compose and reply as HTML format, and no more error message. Also verified that push email works (the most important thing to me). I am on Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak.
    01-22-14 09:36 PM
    I had this problem too. I fixed it by deleting the email account, then re-adding it. Accounts, Add Account, then selected "Email, Calendar and Contacts". I enter my work email address that is hosted on the Gmail business apps, and it just figured out the rest on its own somehow after prompting me for password, etc. I didn't even have to enter any hostname. I can now compose and reply as HTML format, and no more error message. Also verified that push email works (the most important thing to me). I am on Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 leak.
    Yes, you fixed it. However, you're now using IMAP instead of Exchange Active Sync with your paid Google apps. Your calendar sync will use Caldav and contacts will sync via Cardav but both are quite inferior to EAS.

The interesting thing is that I've switched to Outlook.com, also using EAS. And no longer have the problem. It's something with Google. Probably pulling more services. Seems to be their MO these days.
    01-22-14 09:45 PM
    Oh bummer. It is using imap even though I disabled imap access in my Gmail account? Well damn Google fault then. Haha. Push imap seems to work tho, and my employer pays for the account. My personal account is a hosted exchange server and that works great. So glad I didn't go the paid Gmail route for my personal.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:15 PM
    I just upgraded from 10.2.0 to the official 10.2.1.537/10.2.1.1925 and am now getting this message, also with Gmail via EAS. I tried adding "google" (also tried "Google") to the domain field as suggested by one poster but no luck. Has anyone else made that work? Just to be clear, should it instead by "google.com"? "gmail.com"? something else?
    01-28-14 01:55 PM
    This looks like a bug on blackberry side of things unfortunately. You could configure it as imap as mentioned above, but will not have push email. I decided to keep active sync, as push is more important to me and I can tolerate the false error alert. The downside is the client automatically converts html emails to plaintext when I reply to someone. Just dismiss the error message, then select html format email from options if you need it for your reply.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-28-14 02:17 PM
    This looks like a bug on blackberry side of things unfortunately. You could configure it as imap as mentioned above, but will not have push email. I decided to keep active sync, as push is more important to me and I can tolerate the false error alert. The downside is the client automatically converts html emails to plaintext when I reply to someone. Just dismiss the error message, then select html format email from options if you need it for your reply.

I agree with this. The only place I couldn't find a workaround for was forwarding html emails.

The problem is BB will blame Google and vice versa. Since only paid apps subscribers officially get EAS those users will need to contact Verizon in order to get escalated to BlackBerry to hopefully get a solution worked out. For those of us grandfathered in on EAS for free accounts we won't get any support from Google or BB because it's not officially supported for us anymore.

This is one reason I dumped GMail for Outlook.com. Outlook.com is working flawlessly on my Z10 with EAS.
    01-28-14 02:22 PM
    Hi,

I have also updated my Z30.

But after it. I got same issue that is plain text mail compose and reply too.

Even now adding google is not working too.

I report to Google support for it. Let see.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:08 PM
    Hi,

I have three google apps paid business email account. not getting probblem in all three.

I have done wipe off than fresh install too.

even now adding google is not working too.

when I tried another company email, it was working great.

this problem is lying within Google apps and BB only.

when I tried to contact google apps, they are blaming BB OS only.

where to find solution ?
    01-29-14 12:34 AM
    Solution is that BlackBerry needs to fix the bug.

01-29-14 12:39 AM
    Is it possible to put some old file from last autoloader and again it can work ?

I am not techie, this is just an idea.
    01-29-14 12:51 AM
    Is there an official place to post bug reports for this? Maybe BlackBerry doesn't even know about the issue.

01-29-14 01:30 AM
    Is there an official place to post bug reports for this? Maybe BlackBerry doesn't even know about the issue.

Not sure. But maybe via the BlackBerry Support page...
    01-29-14 01:41 AM
    Hi everyone,

I had the same thought and tried the BB support forum, but it doesn't look like there's anything acknowledged there yet:
    ActiveSync popup HTML is disabled by IT policy - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I know a lot of people reporting this issue are using Google, but I'm just letting you know that it's not only Google accounts that are affected, since we're connecting through ActiveSync to our MDaemon server and we're having the same issue with our Z10/Q10 devices after the update to 10.2.1.537.
    01-29-14 08:20 AM
    We thought, Google apps users are alone.

thanks for being with us

Hi everyone,

I had the same thought and tried the BB support forum, but it doesn't look like there's anything acknowledged there yet:
    ActiveSync popup HTML is disabled by IT policy - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I know a lot of people reporting this issue are using Google, but I'm just letting you know that it's not only Google accounts that are affected, since we're connecting through ActiveSync to our MDaemon server and we're having the same issue with our Z10/Q10 devices after the update to 10.2.1.537.
    01-29-14 08:31 AM
    I'm very active on the BlackBerrry Support forums. Nobody there works for BlackBerry so there is nobody to "acknowledge" it. The only way to get it fully resolved is to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry.
    01-29-14 08:34 AM
    What about beta testing or leak testing forums? Going through carrier might not get through fast enough as its not a carrier problem?

01-29-14 09:49 AM
    Ah, here they explain support

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...s/td-p/2540533

01-29-14 10:01 AM
    When it's not a carrier issue the carrier can escalate to BlackBerry.
    01-29-14 10:01 AM
    I did not buy my device from carrier as I got it used from someone online. Maybe someone here can make a request to carrier?

01-29-14 10:05 AM
    That's when the gap in support starts. You've circumvented the entire system. I do it too but you have to realize you have no direct support with BB. Many carriers will still support you but it just depends on the carrier.
    Last edited by John Clark; 01-30-14 at 04:51 PM.
    01-29-14 10:21 AM
    While the bug needs to be fixed, and fast....
    I downloaded a nice Android Gmail app via Snap - Gmail Plus by kknet - and when I want to reply to an HTML email thread in my google apps account, I do it from that.
    I actually tried the native Android Gmail app, and it crashes.... but Gmail Plus is almost identical, it works great - real smooth. It isn't as good as the native BB (...nothing is...) but at least it is a temp solution until the BB fix hits.
    01-29-14 01:42 PM
    Good idea!
    01-29-14 01:52 PM
    Or use Email for Gmail the bb10 app
    01-29-14 06:51 PM
    The key feature needed is push email as well as calendar and contacts synch via push as well. Not sure if these native app suggestions would cover these cases?

01-29-14 07:53 PM
    You still get all your emails. If you need to forward an HTML email just use the app. It's not ideal, nor should you have to do it, but at least it's a workaround. My workaround was to switch to Outlook.com. I got tired of Google sucking me in with great services (like Active Sync), harvesting my data, but then dropping those services later like they did for free account users wanting EAS. No more bait and switch for me. Outlook.com works great.
    01-29-14 08:27 PM
123 12345