03-15-14 01:52 AM
123 1234 ...
tools
    same problem with G apps in exchange on Z10 and Q10. Outlook always in exchange is ok.
    11-21-13 12:06 PM
    Google Apps uses Enterprise Active Sync. Early this year Google quit allowing new free gmail setups to use EAS unless they were paid Google App accounts. So, paid Google App users and accounts setup using the EAS setup before that cutoff date are using EAS. EAS is the common denominator.
    11-21-13 12:13 PM
    From my experience, an active sync account can push an IT policy to the phone. I don't use one with Google, so I've no clue what's going on with it, but since it's just on the 10.2.1.1055 leak, here's hoping it resolves itself next leak.

Good to see ya around JC!
    11-21-13 12:32 PM
    Google Apps uses Enterprise Active Sync. Early this year Google quit allowing new free gmail setups to use EAS unless they were paid Google App accounts. So, paid Google App users and accounts setup using the EAS setup before that cutoff date are using EAS. EAS is the common denominator.
    are paid g apps using same EAS like outlook.com?
    If yes, why outlook is working without this IT policy?
    11-21-13 12:36 PM
    Get this message as well (paid Google apps account).
    Seems to be a bug in 10.2.1.1055.
    With all the hype about this version, don't forget that this is far away from a final release. There are many wrong or missing translations as well in languages other than english. Hope the next leak will fix it.

posted via CB10 on the amazing Z10 keyboard
    11-21-13 01:22 PM
    I'm on my way to get a new Verizon S4. Sorry I'm fed up! I can't work like this! Emails don't work well with HTML, I can't do mobile banking and many more... and who says the new leak will solve this issue? Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:34 PM
    What are you talking about? This problem is only on this leaked, unofficial OS. An easy solution is just to set up your email via imap. That said my android banking apps work great.
    Last edited by John Clark; 12-04-13 at 03:28 PM.
    11-21-13 02:42 PM
    I am next to get the same problem.

without HTML emails, it is diffcult to use BB.

So thinking to go back to previous version.
    12-04-13 03:10 PM
    From my experience, an active sync account can push an IT policy to the phone. I don't use one with Google, so I've no clue what's going on with it, but since it's just on the 10.2.1.1055 leak, here's hoping it resolves itself next leak.

Good to see ya around JC!
    Absolutely correct! My bad - I assumed Google no longer supported EAS.

Pls. refer to Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the features and policy sets offered by the different EAS versions.

I *assume* the policy in place is "Configure message formats (HTML or plain text)" introduced with Exchange ActiveSync 12.1 - Exchange Server 2007 SP1.

BlackBerry has a KB article describing supported features and policies but unfortunately it only covers 10.0 and 10.1 and the above policy is not mentioned. Pls. refert to KB33619-Supported Microsoft ActiveSync Features and Policies for use with BlackBerry 10 for further info.

So it seems that 10.2 / 10.2.1 is adding additinal features and/or supported policies for EAS, but we have to wait for BlackBerry to release the documentation.
    12-04-13 03:19 PM
    Well, that's a bummer! However, all is not lost. I have found that after I start a message/reply I can hit the overflow menu then select "HTML Format" to continue writing with formatting. An extra two taps but the rest of the OS is worth it.
    HTML is disabled by IT policy-img_00000863.png
    12-18-13 01:36 PM
    friends, new Beta version 10.2.1.1259 is available.

Please share your experience, still this policy ?

or we can compose message in HTML ?
    12-20-13 09:58 PM
    I'm using BIS.
    I haven't heard of any Policy changes at Google apps so I doubt it.
    I did NOT restore after I loaded the new leaked version. I simply started from scratch and that's when I realized the HTML issue.

Posted via CB10
    BIS and BES aren't the same thing.

BIS, blackberry Internet service, is used for OS 7 and older. It sends BBM and some other data down a private blackberry network. Media folks loved it especially, because you could be at a disaster site and when the public networks went down - BIS would stay up. Plus it had better security as blackberry controlled that network. In Bb10 they got rid of it - and now our network is always public (i.e. Whatever your carrier uses, which is whatever the cheapest path is for them).

BES is for BlackBerry Enterprise. It means your phone is a company phone and specially authenticated against their network. They apply policies as they see fit. And those policies prevent you from doing whatever they don't want you to do. Installing leaks on BES phones is a terrible choice, as a BES phone is considered a business important device. And a leak on a phone means it could brick itself and delete all data at any time I'd it feels like it.

Your issue is with a feature not working right in a leak. Fix is another leak or drop to official OS I would think...

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-20-13 10:28 PM
    BIS isn't even used on BB10.
    12-20-13 10:33 PM
    BIS isn't even used on BB10.
    John, respect the heck outa you, but huh?
    12-20-13 11:25 PM
    John, respect the heck outa you, but huh?
    BlackBerry 10 bypasses the BlackBerry Internet Service. Having BIS on your account with your carrier while using BB10 will cause communication problems.

Effectively, blackberry started killing off BIS (not BES) with BB10.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-20-13 11:36 PM
    BlackBerry 10 bypasses the BlackBerry Internet Service. Having BIS on your account with your carrier while using BB10 will cause communication problems.

Effectively, blackberry started killing off BIS (not BES) with BB10.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Still relies on NOC, so while not technically BIS, it's still requiring a connection to the BlackBerry servers.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-20-13 11:50 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only experiencing this issue (Google Apps, setup as Exchange on my Z10)...
    12-24-13 06:23 AM
    Problem Solved

just go to advance setting and type google in domain.

thats all, it will resolve this issue.

Once again, under domain, just type........ google

Thanks
    12-24-13 05:00 PM
    Problem Solved

just go to advance setting and type google in domain.

thats all, it will resolve this issue.

Once again, under domain, just type........ google

Thanks
    Nope. Didn't work. The only thing that works is to delete the account and add it using IMAP.
    12-24-13 05:18 PM
    Using Z30 and it is working with 3 google apps account.

I have installed new Beta 1925 also

Nope. Didn't work. The only thing that works is to delete the account and add it using IMAP.
    12-24-13 05:21 PM
    Are they setup using EAS or IMAP? IMAP works great. EAS, not so much.
    12-24-13 05:33 PM
    Hi,

is Google Apps IMAP is Push ?
    is it downloading Sent email from Blackberry to MS Outlook also ?
    what is "Append to Sent folder option" for ?

12-26-13 08:13 AM
    Interesting, I don't use my Gmail a lot but I encountered this problem today. I am in Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:40 PM
    I have it too. Using Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:05 PM
    I don't think a SIM provisioned for BIS will cause any issues. I have previously used a SIM with BES+BIS in both BlackBerry 9900 an Z10 without any issues. If the carrier blocks the normal APN for Internet access this is of course an issue but then you won't have any Internet connection at all.

BB10 works just as any other smartphone on the network and it is not dependent on the NOC (relay service to be more specific) for any traffic. BlackBerry has a provisioning service (PS) for easy mail configuration. This cloud based service is used in the two step mail setup right after you enter your email address. The PS tries to find all necessary settings (server, protocol etc). If found the device asks for password which again is tested by PS and if everything looks good the settings are saved in the mail profile on the BlackBerry 10 device. If the server cannot be determined the user is asked to go to advanced settings and configure everything himself.
    You can always use advanced setup directly to bypass this functionality.

BBM traffic is of course relayed through some of BlackBerrys infrastructure. I assume it is the good old relay service still handling SRP traffic.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 03:51 PM
123 1234 ...