06-11-14 10:09 PM
66 123
tools
    Oh! One thing thats pissed me off, is that the letters are perma Caps Lock. I liked it when the letters were small case and then you press shift, and they all went Upper Case. But thats probably just the early build. Who knows!
    The letters have always been upper case in BB10.
    06-04-14 11:01 AM
    The letters have always been upper case in BB10.
    And I am thankful for that. When I had an android device that was one thing I missed. Yes I know it's small, but it makes a difference.

Now; as related to the thread.

The 10.3 leak can be used as a daily driver, and I keep switching back and forth between it and latest release( Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175) because I enjoy all of the features of 10.3, but occasionally find the keyboard frustrating. The 10.2.1 keyboard requires a much less accurate flick to complete the word. And swipe-to-delete works more often, but for me that's all that really frustrates me. I find the battery life better and the phone smoother. I'll probably be back on 10.3 when I get home from work. I've got the 4500mAh battery, so even if the battery life was worse I still wouldn't have to worry. I use the 4500 during my work day, then swap to the oem battery after work, for a nice slim device. At work I have poor signal and the oem battery is destroyed by it.

As to notifications: load the. 140 bar and set notifications, then load back to the 296 bar and you'll get functioning other settings once more. Or if you have an app like hub++ you can use it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 using the CB10 app
    06-04-14 11:24 AM
    Alarms work fine for me...even have a custom song with it! Set to 7:30 every morning
    06-04-14 11:58 AM
    Alarmas and notifications work fine on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:50 PM

As to notifications: load the. 140 bar and set notifications, then load back to the 296 bar and you'll get functioning other settings once more. Or if you have an app like hub++ you can use it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 using the CB10 app
    That does not work on my end, tried more than once, still no fix for my 10.3 notification issue, and I usually don't call it quit without a fight (kind of part of my job, to be able to fix anything no matter if I understand it or not, there is always someone that will tell you how to fix it)
    06-04-14 03:48 PM
    I'm using the 10.3 sdk with. 296 bars and it's pretty stable in my opinion. Some small issues, but nothing critical for me

?battery is not as good as in the last official
    ?camera is good but a little bit slow
    ?device monitor not working - I don't need it daily
    ?no alarms - found an alarm app in app world. Is ok for me
    ?random restarts when battery is low
    ?touchscreen is not as responsive as usual. Sometimes I need two or three tries to close active frames
    ?problems sending files from pc to phone
    ? no remote file access
    ? no Evernote integration
    ? keyboard swipes not always accurate
    ? no storymaker

No big deal for me.
    But I'm waiting for the next leak

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:21 PM
    The next leak can come anytime.!! Bored and looking for some fun.
    06-04-14 10:26 PM
    The next leak can come anytime.!! Bored and looking for some fun.
    Just like crack!

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-04-14 10:28 PM
    Other than the half *** battery life, the OS is crisp
    06-04-14 11:15 PM
    I'm surprised people are reporting bad battery life. My Z30 has improved and it was already amazing, now it goes from 7:30am to 11pm with ~40% remaining, whereas 10.2.1 was about ~20%. And it's not a calibration issue because I have yet to kill my battery on 10.3.
    06-05-14 12:18 AM
    It looks like it's working for some and not for others
    demotivating me
    I guess i won't be doing it till the official release

Anyone knows how long the official release is going to take?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:18 AM
    demotivating me

Posted via CB10
    10.3 should be September, and 10.3.1 should be October (as to a thread I read earlier about somebody who was at blackberry experience)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:20 AM
    demotivating me

Posted via CB10
    As far as I understand it those issues are caused as a result of using the 10.3.442 SDK which is not a complete OS and filling in the blank with older 10.3.296 bars.

If you do what I and the other half of the people who have alarms and notifications have done and install 10.3.296 and (optionally) update select bars (there is a thread with a link to compatible ones) to 10.3.442 versions you shouldn't have any issues.

For me battery life is about the same as 10.2.1 (crap) and the only issue I am really having is the GPS not working on android apps.
    06-05-14 02:23 AM
    Thanks for all the comments guys...

I can see from all the comments that notifications and alarms are not working
    And i really can't live without them
    I very much depend on my phone for alarms and reminders...

I guess I'll have to wait for a more stable release...

Posted via CB10
    All my alarms and notifications are working. Haven't missed a one yet.
    Straight 10.3.0.296
    Everything works fine for me except rfa...worked in the beginning and then stopped.
    Your mileage may vary
    06-05-14 07:35 AM
    The hub, notifications and all the communication features work right?
    If they do can you please share the link for the leak that you are using?
    I am using a z10

Posted via CB10
    Well sometimes I notice that it says 'Action Completed' once you've deleted an email or whatever from the hub, nothing too intense to make me roll back to 10.2.1. However on my Z30 it was horrendous.
    06-05-14 10:21 AM
    Using as my daily driver and no real concerns other than some apps are a tad slow to start. What I discovered is avoid restoring after install as just about everything becomes a royal pain if you do restore (some Android apps that used to work no longer do, phone is slow, serious lag times, etc...).
    06-05-14 10:34 AM
    demotivating me

It's "demotivating" if you believe you will be one of those it doesn't work for. Then again, you will never know unless you try it.
    06-05-14 10:55 AM
    10.3 should be September, and 10.3.1 should be October (as to a thread I read earlier about somebody who was at blackberry experience)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    October seems so far now

Posted via CB10
    Toiney likes this.
    06-05-14 11:55 AM
    As far as I understand it those issues are caused as a result of using the 10.3.442 SDK which is not a complete OS and filling in the blank with older 10.3.296 bars.

If you do what I and the other half of the people who have alarms and notifications have done and install 10.3.296 and (optionally) update select bars (there is a thread with a link to compatible ones) to 10.3.442 versions you shouldn't have any issues.

For me battery life is about the same as 10.2.1 (crap) and the only issue I am really having is the GPS not working on android apps.
    My phone being my only work device, i don't think i can afford any disfunctions or even slow downs
    And being in a new city, I heavily rely on Google maps for my navigation as well

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:59 AM
    It's "demotivating" if you believe you will be one of those it doesn't work for. Then again, you will never know unless you try it.
    Work device
    Cannot afford to slow down even for a day
    I would have been fine with maybe the media not working. but cannot do with any problems with the hub and other main functions of the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:08 PM
    10.3 Gold SDK is said to be coming this month.
    Keep those fingers crossed.
    06-05-14 12:15 PM
    I've install this from the get go and the problems are minimal.... The camara app you can't just touch the screen to take a pic....on start up you have to leave the phone for around 3 mins to basically finishing loading....very rear the keyboard brings up some symbols instead of letter( swipe up with both fingers get rid of it) positive stuff it's faster more andriod apps work...battery last for 6 hrs give and take (very heavy user of the phone)
    OS 10.3.0.296
    Blackberry Z10
    STL 100-3
    06-05-14 12:33 PM
    10.3 Gold SDK is said to be coming this month.
    Keep those fingers crossed.
    Hope that takes care of the essentials!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:57 PM
    My phone being my only work device, i don't think i can afford any disfunctions or even slow downs
    And being in a new city, I heavily rely on Google maps for my navigation as well

Posted via CB10
    BeMaps Pro is a native Google Maps client and works great. The only issue I have had on mine is battery life but that's been a problem ever since I got my Z10. Everything is just as fast if not faster on 10.3. Either way though if you get it sooner or later (with the official release) I'm sure you'll be impressed.
    06-05-14 01:29 PM
    I don't like the camera on 10.3 - it's much slower to take pictures. I use gNewsReader and I can't open articles in the BB10 browser. Also, I can't get Lync to work (via Enterprise IM app on work perimeter). There were a few other oddities but I can't think of them right now. I was thinking about going back, but I was hopeful for another 10.3 leak soon.
    06-05-14 01:58 PM
66 123