06-11-14 10:09 PM
66 123
tools
    I'm using a z10 and have been seeing all the BB 10.3 leaks lately
    I'm so excited about it that i can't wait to put it on my phone...i don't have another BB10 phone or even the money to buy one so i was wondering if the leaked builds of the operating system are actually usable...
    People who are using it please give your opinions...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:31 PM
    Usable... yes. If you like playing around with things then go for it. If you want things to work and be stable all the time... I wouldn't recommended it.
    06-03-14 02:43 PM
    Agree it's okay. I used it as a daily driver for a while but had to switch back the keyboard was kinda slow. And it was very laggy

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:51 PM
    Been great for me - 10.2.0.296 with some 442 bars and 441 radio. Really, it has been quite stable for me. Only things really not working for me are intelligent assistant and remote control when bridged to playbook. But - It did take a lot of tweaking, taking bits and pieces from 296 and 442. Some people have not put all the puzzle pieces in the right places and are experiencing more problems than others.
    06-03-14 02:55 PM
    I've been using it on my z30 for about 2 weeks or so, and I absolutely love it. The music app is much better, and I haven't had much issues. Sometimes it will drain the battery a little more and I check device monitor and it's just the system. A simple restart of the phone gets it fine. Otherwise the hub will lag a little bit (has happened about 3 times when I was using my phone a lot) overall great experience though!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 03:23 PM
    I'm using it as my daily driver and, aside from a few minor quirks, it's been a welcome update.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 03:25 PM
    I've been using it As a daily driver since the leak was dropped, and aside from a few small quirks I'm enjoying using all of the awesome new features, hidden little things that really make thinking about an action less necessary. And oh one thing I can't help but mention, is the amount of features that are a direct result of user suggestions! I have been looking for my suggestions in previous release but here is where I really can see them and use them. YAH HOO! #ICHOOSEBB10

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:14 PM
    My daily driver since it dropped... Has a couple of issues (obviously, being such an early beta), but nothing Earth-shattering that has made me run back to 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:31 PM
    Been great for me - 10.2.0.296 with some 442 bars and 441 radio. Really, it has been quite stable for me. Only things really not working for me are intelligent assistant and remote control when bridged to playbook. But - It did take a lot of tweaking, taking bits and pieces from 296 and 442. Some people have not put all the puzzle pieces in the right places and are experiencing more problems than others.
    I agree with LP that it's pretty much stable. I use it as a work device and can say that it is ok.
    Funny thing, my remote control is also broken when using the PB

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:40 PM
    Daily driver here too. A couple of issues early on following a restore but reinstalled and it's been perfect without restoring

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-03-14 06:08 PM
    Installed at around 1am today, no restore and it's been running well so far. Haven't had any issues except notification volume seems to be lower.

This is on a q10, installed the hybrid os and then the bars from the "bars than work with. 296" thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:24 PM
    Daily driver for me on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442...NO RESTORE ... keyboard is fine too... just saying

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-03-14 07:27 PM
    It has been pretty stable actually, highly considerable

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:28 PM
    I've been using it on my Q5 for like 2 weeks and really liked it but in the real world it was a bit rough. I didn't wanna go back and so I ended up picking up a Q10 this morning and will use the Q5 for testing new stuff and now I get to play with .2941 yay!

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-03-14 07:37 PM
    I've been using it As a daily driver since the leak was dropped, and aside from a few small quirks I'm enjoying using all of the awesome new features, hidden little things that really make thinking about an action less necessary. And oh one thing I can't help but mention, is the amount of features that are a direct result of user suggestions! I have been looking for my suggestions in previous release but here is where I really can see them and use them. YAH HOO! #ICHOOSEBB10

Posted via CB10
    The hub, notifications and all the communication features work right?
    If they do can you please share the link for the leak that you are using?
    I am using a z10

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:36 PM
    The hub, notifications and all the communication features work right?
    If they do can you please share the link for the leak that you are using?
    I am using a z10

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I had to do the settings hack where u side load the earlier setting bar and set the alerts for the emails etc and then side load the latest bar again... u should be able to find the complete instructions somewhere on CB....

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:37 AM
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:37 AM
    I've been using it for 2 weeks as my daily driver and I've got to say that it's been great! The battery's great, the android is MUCH better than the 10.2.1, it's blazing fast never lags, the camera is MUCH better, the 5-row icons looks great, the hub looks better and runs faster, and a lot more improvements.

The only thing I miss is the device monitor, as it doesn't work.

But that's just my opinion.

Z10 STL-01 442 with 296 bars, wiped and no restore backup.
    06-04-14 05:44 AM
    Android app was screwing up my notification (no more phone ring, not even call). That was a major (go back to 10.2.1) decision making for me. I tried every trick that people said to fix it but none of them worked, and because my phone is a work phone(teamviewer is the main android app that I need to use for work), I can't be without notification.
    06-04-14 05:45 AM
    As a few others have said, it's been my daily driver since it became available and I've had no major reason to downgrade. The only things I've really noticed are...

Watermarks (obviously)

Swipe to delete on the keyboard only seems to work for the first word

I often get requests to update my account settings, but fairly certain that this is due to the restore, not the OS

Intelligent assistant doesn't really work, but I don't have an urgent need for it anyway, might use it in the car if it's good enough come official release

Remember no longer seems to save my new notes or tasks, I reckon a fresh install will remedy this though

Probably just me, but the battery life is significantly better (maybe 50% better) in fact, than any OS I've used before

There might be a couple of other things I've not remembered too. Overall though, there is no major issue that makes it difficult to live with

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:46 AM
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442, been using it as a daily driver since it was available for my device. Apart from the alarm clock issue, I'm happy and can't wait for a higher build. Go for it, I promise you'll love it!

A noble man controls frivolity with gravity, awaits action in a state of calm. It is important for the spirit to be whole, the mood steady, and the mind unmoving. ?4LIFE
    06-04-14 08:28 AM
    I've been using 10.3.0.296 as a daily driver since it dropped.

• Keyboard is annoyingly glitchy a lot of times.
    • If you minimize an Android app and come back to it, it's super laggy for several minutes.
    • The audible alerts for my Calendar appointments don't play anymore.
    • Battery life has been the worst it's ever been. Sometimes the drain is so fast that it drains faster than it can charge, so it'll die on me even while it's plugged into the wall. A reboot gets it back on track for a couple days.
    • Have recently started getting double audible alerts for BBM messages.
    • I've noticed the Compass is more accurate now, when it works.
    • Calculator is a little slow to open sometimes.
    • I really miss being able to just touch the screen to snap a pic. I wish they would've kept the drag-to-focus/tap-to-snap feature instead of the tap-to-focus/tap-a-specific-button-to-snap feature with the 10.3 camera. The new Camera app is just annoying. You can't really take a pic on the fly anymore. I have noticed that they have adopted the Android/iOS feature of overboosting colors, but that's not really a negative. (No pun intended.)
    • The Music app STILL automatically starts and defaults to shuffle play when bluetooth connects to the car. I SO wish they'd get rid of that "feature."
    • The Browser will sometimes freeze on media heavy pages, and if you don't catch it fast enough, will lock up the whole phone.
    • The Android player still struggles when switching between Android apps.
    • A lot of Android apps no longer work after you update them. (Applicable to the last two 10.2.1 releases as well.)
    • The triage HUB feature can be confusingly busy if you're moving through items too fast. I love animations, but this is one area where I think they should ditch them.
    • HUB is sometimes unresponsive when you're trying to open messages.
    • Bridge has spotty connectivity sometimes.
    • Opening Facebook will still flood the HUB with notifications.

If your phone is a critical work device, some of the glitches might be too much to deal with. If you're more of a casual user who doesn't mind tinkering sometimes when necessary, it's fine for a daily driver. To be honest, I miss the stability of 10.2.1.3175. The new "flat" look that everyone laments is not nearly as awful as they make it seem. You quickly get used to it, and after a while, you really don't notice that much of a difference from the previous look. The best visual improvement is the lack of the shadow boxes around the apps. I tend to use darker backgrounds all the time, so even that is not a big deal to me.
    06-04-14 08:49 AM
    Oh! One thing thats pissed me off, is that the letters are perma Caps Lock. I liked it when the letters were small case and then you press shift, and they all went Upper Case. But thats probably just the early build. Who knows!
    06-04-14 09:08 AM
    I'm on Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.296 and so far I love it, have no problems yet, but can't wait to oficial 10.3

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:12 AM
    Thanks for all the comments guys...

I can see from all the comments that notifications and alarms are not working
    And i really can't live without them
    I very much depend on my phone for alarms and reminders...

I guess I'll have to wait for a more stable release...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:52 AM
66 123