01-24-16 08:34 PM
532 1234 ...
tools
    Hi friends, I had a problem with my z30 and it is not related to this os but I searched lots of topics sadly no solution at all.Maybe you have a solution for it; When a wifi network requires 'hotspot login' -most hotels are using it-. I can see 'login to connect ' pop up and login page but after enter my username and the password , click 'login' tab , phone ask me to remember password , click 'save' or 'never' and nothing happens page stays there forever and can't login to wifi network. I tryed other browsers like dolphins but login page never came with these browsers , any help?
    Honestly I am not sure, but I will try and see if I can find out more about it.

What OS are you on?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-08-15 03:09 AM
    I am using your 1949 but it is not related to it , in forums they say it is a general blackberry issue that blackberry can't handle 'hot spot' scripts or something like that. On some old devices they found a solution to change default 'hot spot browser' to another 3 rd party browser but that option is not available on os 10 . For the info I also have blackberry curve phone with os 7 and no problem with it on the same network.
    01-08-15 03:47 AM
    Weird..
    I'll see if I can figure something out.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 04:23 AM
    DO it have a over the air update? try if what latest update that is available.
    01-08-15 04:44 AM
    DO it have a over the air update? try if what latest update that is available.
    Before 1949, yes it had OTA and the latest available officially released software 10.2.1 but I didn't test it with it, as soon as I got it installed the leaked 10.3.1 so if anyone confirm that there is no 'hotspot login issue' with the officially released software 10.2.1 than I hope blackberry will fix this issue with the official release of 10.3.1
    01-08-15 05:18 AM
    I got a few questions and really didn't want to make a new thread so here goes:

I have a Z30 I bought in the big sale around Thanksgiving. It's on 10.2.1 and I want to try out 10.3.1. I want to do this in a non-destructive way as I play Clash of Clans on it and due to the fact us BB10 users do not, and probably will not, ever have Google Play services installed I cannot back up my account to the cloud.
    1. Has anyone had a successful update in a situation such as mine where gamesave data was not lost.
    2. Alternatively, would I be able to do a Link backup on 10.2.1, use an autoloader, install Snap and Clash of Clans again, then restore the Link backup and my gamesave data be back on there?

I have used Sachesi and autoloaders alike on previous BB10 phones I just would like some input here from some fellow Z30 owners.
    01-08-15 08:02 AM
    I got a few questions and really didn't want to make a new thread so here goes:

I have a Z30 I bought in the big sale around Thanksgiving. It's on 10.2.1 and I want to try out 10.3.1. I want to do this in a non-destructive way as I play Clash of Clans on it and due to the fact us BB10 users do not, and probably will not, ever have Google Play services installed I cannot back up my account to the cloud.
    1. Has anyone had a successful update in a situation such as mine where gamesave data was not lost.
    2. Alternatively, would I be able to do a Link backup on 10.2.1, use an autoloader, install Snap and Clash of Clans again, then restore the Link backup and my gamesave data be back on there?

I have used Sachesi and autoloaders alike on previous BB10 phones I just would like some input here from some fellow Z30 owners.
    So I am not sure how Clash of Clans works.
    I have not tried it.

But when you back up and restore through Link it now backs up your android apps as well and I'm pretty sure progress is saved. But not positive.

Regardless with a non-destructive upgrade you don't lose any data if everything goes according to plan.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 10:10 AM
    Regardless with a non-destructive upgrade you don't lose any data if everything goes according to plan.
    What is the best non-destructive option out there right now for the Z30? I would really like to get Blend running as well.
    01-08-15 10:14 AM
    What is the best non-destructive option out there right now for the Z30? I would really like to get Blend running as well.
    10.3.1.1154, you can pick whatever radio you want as well. There is a thread out there with the blitz and bars. You will need to update blend in bbw then it will work, if you are already on 10.3.x just update from bbw to get blend working

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1949
    01-08-15 10:22 AM
    So I am not sure how Clash of Clans works.
    I have not tried it.

But when you back up and restore through Link it now backs up your android apps as well and I'm pretty sure progress is saved. But not positive.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I was just going to continue to watch, but I can't let a member fail from poor advice. Here's the deal. You sell yourself as an expert, but the reality is it takes a community to help members. These threads always end poorly, because no one thread resolves all, and by making this "yours", others with knowledge will be unwilling to join in and help.

Bradford, only a nondestructive upgrade will save your progress, so long as it safely upgrades your phone. Once you have a bad upgrade, no restore will recover that progress.

PS - No one radio works for all, even on the same carrier, in the same area. It's all hit and miss, though some radios will be bad in general. Food for thought.

Edit - Oh, and Rufus, that whole "it's just the thread title" thing...
    Not so much.
    jaydee5799 and Uzi like this.
    01-08-15 10:27 AM
    10.3.1.1154 is the latest and you can get it straight from Sachesi by searching for the Classic NA.
    It's SR:10.3.1.747

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-08-15 10:42 AM
    I was just going to continue to watch, but I can't let a member fail from poor advice. Here's the deal. You sell yourself as an expert, but the reality is it takes a community to help members.
    I'm just curious where I said I was an expert anywhere ever?

Thanks for the help though,
    Are you an expert or something ?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 10:48 AM
    I'm just curious where I said I was an expert anywhere ever?

Thanks for the help though,
    Are you an expert or something ?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Hi Crackberrians,

I've been a Blackberry user all of my life and recently started making my own own autoloaders for the Blackberry Z30 (because the Z30 is now my daily driver).

If anyone wants any help with Blackberry 10 in general I know a lot and will help you.
    So any questions ASK AWAY!.
    I have enough experience and am humble enough to know, we all need to share our knowledge throughout the forum, for everyone's benefit.
    mainely_linux likes this.
    01-08-15 10:59 AM
    I have enough experience and am humble enough to know, we all need to share our knowledge throughout the forum, for everyone's benefit.
    If you want to help out and do what I'm doing on the thread I'm very happy.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 12:06 PM
    You just don't get the point.

I don't want to close yet another thread. I'd like to see you help everywhere, and come to the conclusion this thread is unnecessary on your own.
    Pdinos3 and moody like this.
    01-08-15 12:18 PM
    10.3.1.1154, you can pick whatever radio you want as well. There is a thread out there with the blitz and bars. You will need to update blend in bbw then it will work, if you are already on 10.3.x just update from bbw to get blend working

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1949
    I really appreciate learning from people like you, about things like this.
    When I first joined, I wanted to learn about updating & other things. I generally don't join forums because it always feels like you're the new kid in school. Perhaps not everyone has experienced that feeling? Suffice to say.. It isn't a great one. You also end up making mistakes out of nervousness or just failure to remember all the new things you need to remember. And if, like me, you have a better forgettery than a memory, it ends up causing even more problems than just being a relative stranger...
    The reason I ended up in this thread is because, although I read other threads by the truckload, I was, most of the time, confronted with the kind of advice above, which meant well, but left me feeling benighted and confounded. For my level of technological intelligence, such advice was, among other things, too brief, & too packed with technical terms. Overall, I just ended up feeling tired, daunted, & entirely reluctant to try anything.
    Perhaps I was being too hard on myself. I do have a bit of a tendency toward, as it were, self-floccinaucinihilipilification (always fun to use that great word where it's meant to go! ) but I really wanted to learn.
    So, I'm grateful for any & ALL advice, but I also know what kind of help (for me, anyway) is truly helpful, because of the way it's put forward. As for my phone, well. Life isn't perfect; things happen. I don't mind if things go wrong, so long as I know there is truly a warm human, with luculent & personable explanations, & a personal touch, and kindness & caring, behind the words on the page. So there's the rub; perhaps foremost of all, we don't want expertise. We want a direct experience of human kindness & generosity. We want friendship first, knowledge & understanding after.
    01-08-15 12:33 PM

I don't want to close yet another thread. I'd like to see you help everywhere, and come to the conclusion this thread is unnecessary on your own.
    I have just (once again) read through the entire Community Rules & Guidelines. And without nitpicking, I honestly do not see what is the problem here? Perhaps we don't need any Crackberry threads? The Internet is vast. There are other ways to get like minded, friendly hearted people together to share ideas, friendship & knowledge..

Respectfully,
    Eric
    01-08-15 12:40 PM
    I have just (once again) read through the entire Community Rules & Guidelines. And without nitpicking, I honestly do not see what is the problem here? Perhaps we don't need any Crackberry threads? The Internet is vast. There are other ways to get like minded, friendly hearted people together to share ideas, friendship & knowledge..

Respectfully,
    Eric
    It defeats the entire spirit of a forum in general, and the point of our stickies in particular.

If y'all don't think it's friendly and helpful outside this thread, what in the world was the reason for joining CrackBerry?
    01-08-15 12:49 PM
    It defeats the entire spirit of a forum in general, and the point of our stickies in particular.

If y'all don't think it's friendly and helpful outside this thread, what in the world was the reason for joining CrackBerry?
    Hi. I'm so sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough. Did not mean to imply it wasn't friendly. I only meant it was a bit overwhelming, a bit too technical, a bit like being in a snowstorm, looking for a white dog. Hope this is clear. Crackberry is wonderful, but sometimes one craves focus, and focussed friendship, and the intimacy that then generates understanding. Crackberry is full of friendly information. But sometimes one needs more than just information. As the poet Eliot said, "What knowledge is lost in information?"
    One craves a quiet place where true understanding comes with the information.
    I respect & appreciate what you're saying, very much.
    Please try to understand what I'm saying.
    In the end, we are humans first, forum members, after.

Eric
    01-08-15 12:58 PM

Have you not seen me in other threads?

I do help EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE I'm all over all the CB forums.
    In many category as well not just this one.
    I spend my free time answering users questions everywhere in the forums, I just go to the Latest Posts and start from there.

Am I not allowed to have a little part of me in CB?
    This thread is MY OWN two cents in CB yeah I'm everywhere but this is mine and it makes me happy.

I don't think YOU get the point.

You can use your "experience" and say that my thread is unnecessary, but it's working regardless of what your past is showing you.
    There are a handful of people in this thread who are extremely happy with it and their devices after they trusted me and took the "leap of faith" so regardless of what you think people are enjoy the thread and are gaining from it.

Reread the posts, they seem happy to me?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 01:10 PM
    Hi. I'm so sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough. Did not mean to imply it wasn't friendly. I only meant it was a bit overwhelming, a bit too technical, a bit like being in a snowstorm, looking for a white dog. Hope this is clear. Crackberry is wonderful, but sometimes one craves focus, and focussed friendship, and the intimacy that then generates understanding. Crackberry is full of friendly information. But sometimes one needs more than just information. As the poet Eliot said, "What knowledge is lost in information?"
    One craves a quiet place where true understanding comes with the information.
    I respect & appreciate what you're saying, very much.
    Please try to understand what I'm saying.
    In the end, we are humans first, forum members, after.

Eric
    I didn't realize we've been overwhelming members here. The site is full of everything, from serious to sublime, and from techy to basic. Have you browsed the how to forum yet?

You still seem to be conveying y'all have some special skill at help, that needs confined to a single thread, which if popular, would itself become the overwhelming thing you seek to avoid.

Just be great members of the community, and help in your own special way as people post threads, like everyone else. When you have a question that hasn't been asked, or discover something new to teach the community, that's when you make a new thread.
    01-08-15 01:10 PM
    Have you not seen me in other threads?

I do help EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE I'm all over all the CB forums.
    In many category as well not just this one.
    I spend my free time answering users questions everywhere in the forums, I just go to the Latest Posts and start from there.

Am I not allowed to have a little part of me in CB?
    This thread is MY OWN two cents in CB yeah I'm everywhere but this is mine and it makes me happy.

You can use your "experience" and say that my thread is unnecessary, but it's working regardless of what your past is showing you.
    There are a handful of people in this thread who are extremely happy with it and their devices after they trusted me and took the "leap of faith" so regardless of what you think people are enjoy the thread and are gaining from it.

Reread the posts, they seem happy to me?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    LoL! I'm not blind. Kinda odd speaking to two OP's on one thread. It's like Batman and Robin.
    mrjmc99 likes this.
    01-08-15 01:14 PM
    I didn't realize we've been overwhelming members here. The site is full of everything, from serious to sublime, and from techy to basic. Have you browsed the how to forum yet?

You still seem to be conveying y'all have some special skill at help, that needs confined to a single thread, which if popular, would itself become the overwhelming thing you seek to avoid.

Just be great members of the community, and help in your own special way as people post threads, like everyone else. When you have a question that hasn't been asked, or discover something new to teach the community, that's when you make a new thread.
    HI yes I've read the how to. Speaking of overwhelming. I'm sorry you don't understand what I've been trying to say in that regard.
    In terms of the community, yes, well, for now, I am just trying to be a good member of the community. It takes time & patience, & kindness to be great, however.
    By the way I am not an OP of this thread. I'm just a fan of bb322. It's normal to have a closer affinity to some folks than to others. It's just human. As long as we all remember the golden rule (Matt 7:12).

Speaking of biblical, "There is nothing new under the sun" (Eccl. 1:9) there are plenty of threads that do not truly have "something new to teach the community" and they are all in their own way, helping many folks connect with each other & learn from each other. This one was no different. Sadly, some of that camaraderie has now dissipated. Perhaps we can get it back.
    01-08-15 01:31 PM
    Anyone with verizon have data dropping out when using .1949 & .939? A few times now I seem to loose my data connection and have to reboot. Also someone on another thread recommended turning off VoLTE Voice Calling under IMS Status in network connections settings. This seems to be randomly turning itself back on all the time.
    01-08-15 01:34 PM
    Thanks to that the situation here now is the same as in the whole world. Good people who want to help, in this case specifically the Z30 owners, are being talked into being 'unnecessary' and the topic switched from the original into the Crappy 'who's right and who's better here' blah blah.

Thank you wulf.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-08-15 01:34 PM
532 1234 ...