01-24-16 08:34 PM
532 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Hi I'm pretty sure there is a workaround to get VVM working on 10.3.1 leaks but I don't use VVM so I'm not sure how to do it.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I'm on Verizon too and am not sure what VVVM (Visual Voice Mail) provides because I refuse to pay Verizon yet another monthly fee for this. I discovered YouMail many years ago when I got my first BlackBerry and have never looked back. It's an Android app (I downloaded it via Snap) and it works well. I get many compliments about how the automated message greets the caller by their first name (as long as they are a contact that has been uploaded to YouMail). It's free, I never have to call into Verizon to get my messages anymore, it archives all of my voice mails (even when I delete them). Not sure what VVM does that beats that.
    02-02-15 01:27 PM
    I'm on Verizon too and am not sure what VVVM (Visual Voice Mail) provides because I refuse to pay Verizon yet another monthly fee for this. I discovered YouMail many years ago when I got my first BlackBerry and have never looked back. It's an Android app (I downloaded it via Snap) and it works well. I get many compliments about how the automated message greets the caller by their first name (as long as they are a contact that has been uploaded to YouMail). It's free, I never have to call into Verizon to get my messages anymore, it archives all of my voice mails (even when I delete them). Not sure what VVM does that beats that.
    Yeah I have Verizon Wireless back in the US they make you pay for everything.

I don't have any use for VVM regardless.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-02-15 02:00 PM
    I got a few questions and really didn't want to make a new thread so here goes:

I have a Z30 I bought in the big sale around Thanksgiving. It's on 10.2.1 and I want to try out 10.3.1. I want to do this in a non-destructive way as I play Clash of Clans on it and due to the fact us BB10 users do not, and probably will not, ever have Google Play services installed I cannot back up my account to the cloud.
    1. Has anyone had a successful update in a situation such as mine where gamesave data was not lost.
    2. Alternatively, would I be able to do a Link backup on 10.2.1, use an autoloader, install Snap and Clash of Clans again, then restore the Link backup and my gamesave data be back on there?

I have used Sachesi and autoloaders alike on previous BB10 phones I just would like some input here from some fellow Z30 owners.
    I am also a big CoC fan and noticed no one really helped you with this. I most always do destructive upgrade and have been since 10.2. I can assure you you don't need to do a non-destructive upgrade to save your data. Have a look at my post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10794342

Feel free to PM me. There are some self-purported experts here but after losing a high level TH CoC profile I can say I am an expert with making sure this game works between OS loads.
    02-02-15 02:28 PM
    Listening to the horror stories i'd like to get this upgrade right.

My situation:
    Verizon Z30's with Blitzed OS 10.3.1.1154 radio 10.3.1.1155. I have, rather, We have SMS issues. Also, yesterday some guy on an Android phone was talking on his device in the subway. I had a big fat red X and no signal!

I'd like to blitz up to the latest OS 207X but use the 939 radio. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Here is the 939 Radio in Bar format, I managed to pull it from the 938 Blitz.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!4kAhDbjL!yf99GC...nNXKGei86U26sc

To install, open Sachesi and connect to your Z30.
    Go to the install tab and once ready drag and drop the file into Sachesi and let it do its thing.
    (Just like installing a blitz or sideloading files using Sachesi but its only one file)

I am currently building A 2072 OS and 939 Radio BLITZ FILE for all who want (only for Z10-2/3/4, Z30, Z3, Q10, Q5) to use it.
    Last edited by benbraun322; 02-02-15 at 11:22 PM.
    ehroberts likes this.
    02-02-15 02:29 PM
    10.3.1.2072 OS and 10.3.1.2073 Radio
    02-02-15 03:32 PM
    Thanks Ben. I'll hold off and wait for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 07:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your waiting for the blitz combo?

Why don't you just try sideloading the radio bar file of 939?

Regardless the Blitz is uploading as we speak but my Internet gets toggled all the time so it might take a bit.

I'll post the link when it's done uploading.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Last edited by benbraun322; 02-02-15 at 11:21 PM.
    02-02-15 11:10 PM
    I am also a big CoC fan and noticed no one really helped you with this. I most always do destructive upgrade and have been since 10.2. I can assure you you don't need to do a non-destructive upgrade to save your data. Have a look at my post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10794342

Feel free to PM me. There are some self-purported experts here but after losing a high level TH CoC profile I can say I am an expert with making sure this game works between OS loads.
    Thank you for helping out.

I thought that too because my android data is saved with a backup.
    But a mod came in here and told me that I was wrong and the only way he wouldn't lose his data is non-destructive via Sachesi.
    So it made me doubt myself because he seemed so sure about himself.

Thank you for confirming this.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-02-15 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha it finished faster than I expected.
    Here it is, give it a try and keep me updated

10.3.1.2072 OS and 10.3.1.939 Radio BLITZ FILE
    (NOT FOR PASSPORT OR Z10-1)
    02-03-15 12:30 AM
    Has anyone noticed that when music is being played while other apps are on that the phone will hiccup? In some cases it reboots.

Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    Nothing happened on Me... music just play flawlessly.
    02-03-15 06:42 AM
    Has anyone noticed that when music is being played while other apps are on that the phone will hiccup? In some cases it reboots.

Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    I realized it happens sometimes when I open new apps.

Probably due to the memory leak on 10.3.1.xxxx

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-03-15 07:03 AM
    Update to the new BLITZ make sure before you install it, you uncheck "only install newer apps "

Otherwise it will most likely skip installing the Radio.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    muindor likes this.
    02-03-15 07:07 AM
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:44 PM
    Update to the new BLITZ make sure before you install it, you uncheck "only install newer apps "

Otherwise it will most likely skip installing the Radio.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Good point. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:46 PM
    New BLITZ is done, works for Z10-2/3/4, Z30, Z3, Q10, Q5.
    I may have went a bit overboard.

It contains the latest OS 10.3.1.2243 (the newest update).
    It contains the APPS from 10.3.1.1955 (the latest apps, except for the 2243 carrier.data bar from 2243 which I included).
    It contains the RADIOs from 10.3.1.939 (my favorite radio that many of you have found success with as well).

Link also in first post of this thread.

https://mega.co.nz/#!E5wHkR5D!nJr7QX...NguhiOZNNu4gmY

Enjoy its a great one and the only one of its kind!
    02-04-15 12:52 AM
    Next BLITZ finished.

This one has the OS from 2243, Apps from 1955 and Radio 2244.

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DEVICES

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ro5xVIQT!AGJvqO...acRqUcnIXgGF6c

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    muindor likes this.
    02-04-15 02:56 AM
    Next BLITZ finished.

This one has the OS from 2243, Apps from 1955 and Radio 2244.

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DEVICES

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ro5xVIQT!AGJvqO...acRqUcnIXgGF6c

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Thank you a lot!! Seriously, thank you for the effort to provide this!!

One question: I'm currently on official T-mobile Germany 10.2.2, so can I use this blitz to upgrade?

I'm asking because I've read in the other thread that having.10.3.1.2072 is required in order to go to this latest leak.

benbraun322 likes this.
    02-04-15 05:17 AM
    Thank you a lot!! Seriously, thank you for the effort to provide this!!

One question: I'm currently on official T-mobile Germany 10.2.2, so can I use this blitz to upgrade?

I'm asking because I've read in the other thread that having.10.3.1.2072 is required in order to go to this latest leak.

Nope you can go straight from 10.2.2 the upgrade might take some time but don't get scared.

Especially when it reboots after its finished, that will take a very long time but don't get scared and let your device reboot and take its time.

You could even upgrade from 10.0.0 and it should work probably.

It would be smart to make a backup just in case, even though you probably won't need it. I updated yesterday and didn't backup first.

Good Luck and keep me updated!

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    muindor likes this.
    02-04-15 08:24 AM
    Stupid exams keep me away from the important things of life haha.

I have a question about the update in general.

I'm here in Germany, I got this Z30 from T-Mobile Germany (contract)

In two weeks I'll be in the UK.
    So when I'm in the UK and still on 10.2.2 and I'm getting an OTA update notification for 10.3.1 there, is it better to wait until I'm in Germany again so I'll get the T-Mobile Germany approves release? Or am I thinking wrong?

02-04-15 04:52 PM
    Stupid exams keep me away from the important things of life haha.

I have a question about the update in general.

I'm here in Germany, I got this Z30 from T-Mobile Germany (contract)

In two weeks I'll be in the UK.
    So when I'm in the UK and still on 10.2.2 and I'm getting an OTA update notification for 10.3.1 there, is it better to wait until I'm in Germany again so I'll get the T-Mobile Germany approves release? Or am I thinking wrong?

Sorry I'm not exactly sure what your asking, so maybe you are thinking wrong.

Are you asking if you'd be better off getting the update from your carrier instead of loading it yourself?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    02-04-15 05:23 PM
    Sorry I'm not exactly sure what your asking, so maybe you are thinking wrong.

Are you asking if you'd be better off getting the update from your carrier instead of loading it yourself?

Hehe sorry about that.

I'm asking if it's better to get it from my carrier here in Germany instead of the carrier in the UK. (maybe carrier related things that's been installed?)
    I wanted to load the latest BLITZ you uploaded here but I'm stuck in my exams and I probably won't have time to install it.
    Also I've read on the other thread that it's recommended to load .2072 first, I'm not sure why. So that scares me a little Hehe.

02-04-15 11:08 PM
    Hehe sorry about that.

I'm asking if it's better to get it from my carrier here in Germany instead of the carrier in the UK. (maybe carrier related things that's been installed?)
    I wanted to load the latest BLITZ you uploaded here but I'm stuck in my exams and I probably won't have time to install it.
    Also I've read on the other thread that it's recommended to load .2072 first, I'm not sure why. So that scares me a little Hehe.

So it doesn't matter which carrier is install it from whichever one you get first.
    They'll be no difference.

On any normal non-destructive upgrade it should not matter what OS you are previously on you could be on 10.0.0 and the upgrade should run smoothly.

I'm not sure what you saw, but maybe in this upgrade out of all people have issues when they aren't in 2072.

I upgraded my Z10 that was on 10.3.0.1154. Using the BLITZ.

02-04-15 11:40 PM
    Ahh so it seems that people who upgraded from a build before 2072 on Physical Keyboard Devices cannot type for some reason on this build.

Strange but you should be fine, your on a Z30 correct?

02-04-15 11:44 PM
    Ahh so it seems that people who upgraded from a build before 2072 on Physical Keyboard Devices cannot type for some reason on this build.

Strange but you should be fine, your on a Z30 correct?

That is correct thank you for your answers, I'm very happy about your help!!

02-04-15 11:51 PM
    That is correct thank you for your answers, I'm very happy about your help!!

No problem good luck with exams.

02-05-15 12:15 AM
532 ... 1213141516 ...