01-24-16 08:34 PM
532 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I can't imagine that you posted this autoloader as a cruel joke. It bricked my Z30. It is now double-blinking red and I cannot reboot it or connect it to my computer. Thanks alot.

Edit: After about 15 minutes of trying to get my phone to reboot, it was continuing to to a "double-wink" of the red LED. The only thing that recognized the phone was Link which is now finally returning the phone to factory settings....Dang - I'm going to be up all night. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT USE THIS AUTOLOADER TO UPDATE YOUR RADIO - IT WILL BRICK YOUR Z30. I am not a newbie and have been installed about 100 leaks on my and my friend's BlackBerry phones and have never had an issue ever. This is the first time this has happened to me.
    Was your device upgraded to 2072 non-destructively?

Because you cannot use a Radio autoloader on a device that was not upgraded via Autoloader.

The Radio was not meant for you it was meant for the user who said he upgraded to 2072 via Autoloader.

Do not blame me in any way for bricking your Z30 it was not meant for you and you should have asked before you used the autoloader.

It will work perfectly for a user who upgraded to 2072 with an autoloader and wants to change the radio on my device.
    It was posted by Thurask, not me.
    He is one of the most thanked CB users out there and helps out the rest of the community in many ways.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 03:37 AM
    I recommend that you use an autoloader to 2072 and then use the Radio Autoloader that you WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE BEFORE and you will have a fresh start of 2072 OS and 2073 Radio.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 03:40 AM
    I recommend that you use an autoloader to 2072 and then use the Radio Autoloader that you WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE BEFORE and you will have a fresh start of 2072 OS and 2073 Radio.
    I am using the autoloader you graciously provided at the beginning of this thread so I won't have to use the radio autoloader to downgrade the radio. I re-read the posts leading up to the suggested radio autoloader and saw no warnings of not using this for a Sachesi updated device. If this is a "known fact" it wasn't known by me - now I know. My apologies for blaming your for bricking my phone - I'm just tired and it happened at 1:30 am. I appreciate this thread and your help.
    02-01-15 04:10 AM
    I am using the autoloader you graciously provided at the beginning of this thread so I won't have to use the radio autoloader to downgrade the radio. I re-read the posts leading up to the suggested radio autoloader and saw no warnings of not using this for a Sachesi updated device. If this is a "known fact" it wasn't known by me - now I know. My apologies for blaming your for bricking my phone - I'm just tired and it happened at 1:30 am. I appreciate this thread and your help.
    I'm sorry.

I did not intend for others to use it besides for the one who asked for it, it would have been in the 1st post if it was.

Also there was still a solution besides for wiping to factory and updating, because your device was soft bricked not hard bricked.
    To fix a hard brick you need to sideload the Core OS bar file onto your device and that should "unbrick" your device.

Good Luck!

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 06:11 AM
    Also just for the future when I say you can't use a Radio Autoloader on a device that was upgraded Non-destructively that includes Official Updates pushed to your device as well, not just through Sachesi.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-01-15 06:15 AM
    Hi rickkel, I am sorry to hear that. As benbraun322 said, previously I'm using OS 2072 autoloader and want to downgrade the radio to 939.

Benbraun322, thank you. I ran the 939 autoloader and now my Z30 downgrade to 939 radio without losing any data. Although I can't tell the difference between 2073 and 939 radio yet
    02-01-15 06:16 AM
    Hi rickkel, I am sorry to hear that. As benbraun322 said, previously I'm using OS 2072 autoloader and want to downgrade the radio to 939.

Benbraun322, thank you. I ran the 939 autoloader and now my Z30 downgrade to 939 radio without losing any data. Although I can't tell the difference between 2073 and 939 radio yet
    Depending on where you live and what Carrier you are on you might not notice any differences.

939 is just one radio that many people found success with including me.

Many people even had no faults with their 2073 Radio.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 07:15 AM
    Just for future reference, the phone is not bricked. All you have to do is make a coreOS Only autoloader using darcy's tools and run that. It would rectify the problem and you won't lose any data.

Edit: Benbraun has already mentioned this

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-01-15 09:15 AM
    Just for future reference, the phone is not bricked. All you have to do is make a coreOS Only autoloader using darcy's tools and run that. It would rectify the problem and you won't lose any data.

Edit: Benbraun has already mentioned this

Thanks for helping out though

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 10:38 AM
    Unfortunately, I didn't know this and couldn't find anything in the forums about a double winking bricked phone so I used Link to restore to factory, then I used the autoloaders at the beginning of this post and sure as s - -t, after the autoloader ran, it bricked the phone again, this time doing a strange five flash winking red LED.

I reattached it to Link, did the factory restore again, then did a Security Wipe on the phone, then tried again. It bricked again.

I used Link a third time, Security Wiped, then used Sachesi to upgrade to 2072. Now my phone works again. I was up until 4:30 am with this fun and games. Hopefully I don't fall asleep during the Super Bowl...but at least my Z30 is working again.
    02-01-15 03:59 PM
    Unfortunately, I didn't know this and couldn't find anything in the forums about a double winking bricked phone so I used Link to restore to factory, then I used the autoloaders at the beginning of this post and sure as s - -t, after the autoloader ran, it bricked the phone again, this time doing a strange five flash winking red LED.

I reattached it to Link, did the factory restore again, then did a Security Wipe on the phone, then tried again. It bricked again.

I used Link a third time, Security Wiped, then used Sachesi to upgrade to 2072. Now my phone works again. I was up until 4:30 am with this fun and games. Hopefully I don't fall asleep during the Super Bowl...but at least my Z30 is working again.
    Yeah 4:30.... Average night for me
    I never sleep.

The super bowl is about to start here and it's 1:15 in the morning .
    I'm just not going to sleep tonight.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    rickkel likes this.
    02-01-15 05:16 PM
    Depending on where you live and what Carrier you are on you might not notice any differences.

939 is just one radio that many people found success with including me.

Many people even had no faults with their 2073 Radio.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    939 radio is definitely better than 2073 in terms of FM radio reception. Way better
    I still can't tell the difference between 939 and 2073 when I'm on a call though.
    02-01-15 06:02 PM
    939 radio is definitely better than 2073 in terms of FM radio reception. Way better
    I still can't tell the difference between 939 and 2073 when I'm on a call though.
    I don't think "fm radio" has anything to do with os radio

02-01-15 06:20 PM

If it involves the antenna, it involves the radio file.
    02-01-15 06:26 PM
    Ya think? I had always assumed it didn't. Oh well. You know what they say...

02-01-15 06:28 PM
    Ah hello Wulfy,
    Welcome Back.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 06:31 PM
    Ya think? I had always assumed it didn't. Oh well. You know what they say...

LoL! Gonna have to trust me on this one.

Ah hello Wulfy,
    Welcome Back.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Thanks! Didn't realize I was gone. How was my vacation?

02-01-15 06:36 PM
    LoL! Gonna have to trust me on this one.

Thanks! Didn't realize I was gone. How was my vacation?

You tell me

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-01-15 06:49 PM

It definitely is.
    As I said before, 939 radio have WAY BETTER performance than 2073 on my fm radio reception. The difference is like heaven and earth
    02-01-15 09:19 PM
    It definitely is.
    As I said before, 939 radio have WAY BETTER performance than 2073 on my fm radio reception. The difference is like heaven and earth
    I should test that.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-02-15 01:48 AM
    Listening to the horror stories i'd like to get this upgrade right.

My situation:
    Verizon Z30's with Blitzed OS 10.3.1.1154 radio 10.3.1.1155. I have, rather, We have SMS issues. Also, yesterday some guy on an Android phone was talking on his device in the subway. I had a big fat red X and no signal!

I'd like to blitz up to the latest OS 207X but use the 939 radio. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:49 AM
    OS seems super sooth, only issue i am finding is my texts and MMS hang up. Doesn't always happen but just occasionally the only way i can get them to go is by resetting the phone.

Has anyone got the Visual Voicemail working?
    02-02-15 03:59 AM
    Listening to the horror stories i'd like to get this upgrade right.

My situation:
    Verizon Z30's with Blitzed OS 10.3.1.1154 radio 10.3.1.1155. I have, rather, We have SMS issues. Also, yesterday some guy on an Android phone was talking on his device in the subway. I had a big fat red X and no signal!

I'd like to blitz up to the latest OS 207X but use the 939 radio. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The best way for you guys do this would be to use the 2072 and 2073 Blitz and then sideload the 939 Radio as a bar file using Sachesi.

I'm away from my computer but I can get you the 939 bar file radio in a couple of hours.

I have to download the entire Blitz of 938 and 939 and grab the radio from it and Reupload just that file so you can sideload it.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-02-15 05:58 AM
    OS seems super sooth, only issue i am finding is my texts and MMS hang up. Doesn't always happen but just occasionally the only way i can get them to go is by resetting the phone.

Has anyone got the Visual Voicemail working?
    CTVette, which OS and radio are you running now? I'm about to update my Z30 to OS 2072, but haven't decided on a radio to use yet (either 2073 or 939)...

Also, I'm *very* interested to hear if anyone has gotten their VVM to work on these newest flavors... Mine hasn't worked on my device since I activated it (with VZW) a few months ago. I've read that one thread where it talks about loading a certain older version of the OS, copying a bunch of files with Sachi, then backing up, loading newest OS, then doing a restore, blah blah... sounds like a royal PITA and I've not bothered with all of that - nor am I sure I ever will. It would be nice if one of these new builds (possibly going to be official release) would just work with VVM right out of the box!
    02-02-15 08:17 AM
    CTVette, which OS and radio are you running now? I'm about to update my Z30 to OS 2072, but haven't decided on a radio to use yet (either 2073 or 939)...

Also, I'm *very* interested to hear if anyone has gotten their VVM to work on these newest flavors... Mine hasn't worked on my device since I activated it (with VZW) a few months ago. I've read that one thread where it talks about loading a certain older version of the OS, copying a bunch of files with Sachi, then backing up, loading newest OS, then doing a restore, blah blah... sounds like a royal PITA and I've not bothered with all of that - nor am I sure I ever will. It would be nice if one of these new builds (possibly going to be official release) would just work with VVM right out of the box!
    Hi I'm pretty sure there is a workaround to get VVM working on 10.3.1 leaks but I don't use VVM so I'm not sure how to do it.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    02-02-15 09:40 AM
532 ... 1112131415 ...