03-14-15 02:20 AM
39 12
tools
    I'd say it's more a problem with going with BlackBerry honestly. All but one Android developer I know use OSX. Considering other platforms provide fundamental tools and development kits for OSX, windows and linux alike, I find it rather puzzling that BlackBerry hasn't done the same. I've never seen a professional video editing rig or recording studio rig that wasn't a mac. OSX is a pro environment, albeit an obviously smaller marketshare than windows, it's also embarrassingly more usable than windows 8.
    Then again, the mechanism of using an autoloader is only intended for use inside BlackBerry (except for the occasional SDK OS). If all of their corporate computers are PCs, then why build internal tools for a platform that isn't supposed to have them?

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    02-18-14 11:38 AM
    Ok, I now have OS 10.2.1.537 on my Z10

And I did it all from a Mac using Sachesi. It took three times but that might very well have been because of me not knowing what I'm doing. Anyway, the update worked.

So far I've been unable to restore my settings/data from blackberry link. The restore kicks in to life but then stops after a few seconds. This isn't a huge problem as the phone is new and I'm still transitioning from my 9790 but it would be nice if I could do the restore.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks to everyone offering advice and thanks to Submariner One for assuring the method. It wasn't something every blackberry user would want to go through but I do appreciate I was doing something that Blackberry hadn't intended me to do.

UPDATE; It's started restoring. Took a few goes. Can't wait to get in to the new OS.
    02-18-14 03:22 PM
    You need to install VirtualBox and windows xp inside
    Share the BlackBerry USB port in Virtualbox
    It is only on this condition that windows xp will recognize the BlackBerry
    Sorry for my english i'm french

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:25 AM
    You need to install VirtualBox and windows xp inside
    Share the BlackBerry USB port in Virtualbox
    It is only on this condition that windows xp will recognize the BlackBerry
    Sorry for my english i'm french

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:30 AM
    I use Mac and since my carrier no longer supports BlackBerry (shame on them Movistar), I've been upgrading OS through Sachesi for more than 6 months now.

Every time a new official BB10 OS has been released since August 2013, I've downloaded through Sachesi from my Mac. It works perfectly and is non destructive as would be the case of sideloading via Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    I've been trying to use Sachesi on my Mac. It's running the latest version of OS X Mavericks. First it says I need Chrome, Firefox, or Opera as Safari isn't compatible. So I download Firefox. I then download Sachesi. But that's it. Once downloaded, when open it, I get an error that it's not compatible with the OS X...you here of this?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:35 AM
    I utilize sachesi on a Linux OS and all that you need is to have java working; it should be as easy as launching it; I have Firefox install as my browser by default so I don't know if that is needed; I'm sure that there are threads with how to on using sachesi on OSX ( which is basically a linux based OS)

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-17-14 10:14 AM
    I utilize sachesi on a Linux OS and all that you need is to have java working; it should be as easy as launching it; I have Firefox install as my browser by default so I don't know if that is needed; I'm sure that there are threads with how to on using sachesi on OSX ( which is basically a linux based OS)

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    I appreciate the attempt at helping and really am not trying to be a smart a$$ but look at the name of the thread "How to upgrade leaked OS on BB10 on a Mac"...I think I'm in that thread you speak of...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 02:19 PM
    These comments I guess are pertinent in case one wants lo install LEAKS using Mac. But if one wants to install official BB10 OS versions that are unavailable for one's carrier (that happens a lot), then I hate to say you're both wrong, smoothrunnings and BryanVilla, because all official BlackBerry 10 OS versions, including the latest 10.2.1.2141 can be perfectly downloaded to Mac using Sachesi.

No need for Fusion, boot camp or any other tool.

Just download and install Sachesi on Mac, and that's all what is needed to download official BB10 OS (from any carrier in the world that has it available) and then install it on your BB10 device.

After Sachesi has been installed on Mac, open it and select country and carrier --for OS 10.2.1.2141 I used Netherlands (204) Vodafone (04)--. Select "download all" and then wait about 2:30 hours if you're on wifi (it may take less if connected to DSL cable) until the OS has been downloaded on Mac. After that, connect your BB10 device to Mac using the usb cable and select "install", then click on "folder" option. It should take approximately 1 hour to install the new OS to the device. That's all there is to it.

I'm running OS 10.2.1.2141 on my Z10 STL 100 1, which I downloaded and installed yesterday through my Mac (running Mavericks) using --only-- Sachesi, which by the way is non destructive as opposite to the sideloading process that can de done through Windows PCs.

I've been downloading official BB10 OS versions and installing them on my Z10 using Sachesi on my Mac (even with its newest operating system Mavericks) since August 2013, and have always had excellent results.

Posted via CB10
    What version of Sachesi have you done this w/ because I have never been able to run it on my Mac to even try to load it on my device

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:00 PM
    I'd say it's more a problem with going with BlackBerry honestly. All but one Android developer I know use OSX. Considering other platforms provide fundamental tools and development kits for OSX, windows and linux alike, I find it rather puzzling that BlackBerry hasn't done the same. I've never seen a professional video editing rig or recording studio rig that wasn't a mac. OSX is a pro environment, albeit an obviously smaller marketshare than windows, it's also embarrassingly more usable than windows 8.
    Developers may use OSX but Android as a whole isn't supported on the OS. Even to transfer files you need to get a 3rd party program. By being completely ignorant doesn't look good on what you're trying to get across. It's not blackberry's "problem" that the default OS they use to work and develop THEIR versions of BB10 is Windows. You shouldn't even be getting leaks so be grateful and run VM. Problem solved and stop whining.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 01:12 AM
    I tried VM & Parallels They didn't work After fooling around w/ my Macbook I reversed what I was doing wrong because I knew I had been doing something wrong because the Sachesi link works for too many people for it to jus not be compatible w/ Apple so 1.1.2 definitely works It definitely took me 5 hours to figure out how to find the right Carrier & Country codes & update my phone but I did it w/o the codes because I can't find codes for the latest os which 2947 so I just loaded the bars of Sr 2674 os v2758 radio2759 SO BASICALLY IT WORKS BUT I TRIED THIS A YEAR AGO & IT TOOK ME TIL NOW TO UNDERSTAND & I SEE NO DIFFERENCE IN FEATURES FROM the official 2228 Sr os off T-MOBILE I'm better off whipping out the xp because I probably won't use Sachesi again

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:46 AM
    What version of Sachesi have you done this w/ because I have never been able to run it on my Mac to even try to load it on my device
    I use Sachesi 1.1.2 on my Mac running Mavericks.

Now, as I understand, there are higher Sachesi builds (1.1.3, 1.1.5, 1.1.6) which I don't know where I can download from, as I also don't know if those are compatible with Mac.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:46 AM
    I've been trying to use Sachesi on my Mac. It's running the latest version of OS X Mavericks. First it says I need Chrome, Firefox, or Opera as Safari isn't compatible. So I download Firefox. I then download Sachesi. But that's it. Once downloaded, when open it, I get an error that it's not compatible with the OS X...you here of this?

Posted via CB10
    Run it Like double click it & run it differently Like fresh out the zip two finger click open with it'll move to the drive & install as long as you have the QvT thing Sachesi will appear broke because it doesn't have an icon but it's not

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:53 AM
    There is no love for Mac on BlackBerry. None.
    Except for Link? The only thing BlackBerry has released for intended consumer use.

Packing up an autoloader requires an executable windows file, and running the said created file (the autoloader) is also a windows executable. That's just what BlackBerry LTD/RIM uses in their environment.

We were not really meant to be using cap, cfp, etc.

But to be fair: BlackBerry Link does suck. If it sucks in Windows, I can imagine it sucks on a Mac too :/
    04-07-14 12:45 PM
    Hi all,

I'm very unhappy about the battery usage on my current OS and want to upgrade to one of the latest leaked OS.

The problem is that all of the instructions I have seen on how to do this involves a Windows PC, which I no longer have. I'm using Mac. Is there a way to upgrade using a Mac?
    I found it here: Hướnng dẫn up rom BlackBerry trn my Mac - ntson
    This is the best solution for upgrade leaked OS on Mac.
    It's Vietnamese language but right side have Translate by Google.
    03-14-15 02:20 AM
39 12