03-14-15 02:20 AM
39 12
tools
    Hi all,

I'm very unhappy about the battery usage on my current OS and want to upgrade to one of the latest leaked OS.

The problem is that all of the instructions I have seen on how to do this involves a Windows PC, which I no longer have. I'm using Mac. Is there a way to upgrade using a Mac?
    06-13-13 05:00 PM
    Boot camp.
    BryanVilla likes this.
    06-13-13 05:02 PM
    I'm testing to see if I can get it working in Parallels or VMWare Fusion. I haven't yet been successful with Parallels, but I haven't started with Fusion yet.
    06-13-13 05:10 PM
    Boot camp.
    I really don't want to install a Windows on my Mac just for the sake of being able to upgrade my BB OS. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    06-13-13 05:19 PM
    I too am looking for a way on mac...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is no love for Mac on BlackBerry. None.
    06-13-13 05:48 PM
    I'm testing to see if I can get it working in Parallels or VMWare Fusion. I haven't yet been successful with Parallels, but I haven't started with Fusion yet.
    I tried it on Fusion and it says Virtual Machine detected and cancels. It's either Boot Camp or No go for us Mac users .

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:01 PM
    The problem with going with the 'trendy' machine lol

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    pfl4ume and theblob like this.
    06-16-13 09:32 AM
    Does Wine not work for running these autoloaders?
    06-16-13 12:37 PM
    Does Wine not work for running these autoloaders?
    Let us know if it does..

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:18 PM
    I'm not in the minority here, just throwing a suggestion out there
    06-17-13 05:21 PM
    Sachup+Sachibar in a virtual machine. You will have to manually set connection type to Windows in the device settings.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:35 PM
    Hey, I'm trying to update my Z 10 to 10.2.1 because Three UK don't appear to have released it yet. I'm on a Mac so rather than partition my drive to use bootcamp someone suggested I try VirtualBox. Does anyone know if this will work?
    02-17-14 08:52 PM
    Hey, I'm trying to update my Z 10 to 10.2.1 because Three UK don't appear to have released it yet. I'm on a Mac so rather than partition my drive to use bootcamp someone suggested I try VirtualBox. Does anyone know if this will work?
    Doubt it. You can either try Sachesi for Mac or sacrifice a dozen or so GB of space for Windows.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 02:07 AM
    Find a friend with a Windows machine

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-18-14 03:36 AM
    Virtualbox + Windows xp working good

Virtualbox
    http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...-91406-OSX.dmg
    Windows XP sp2
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...86fre_spcd.iso

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:28 AM
    Virtualbox + Windows xp working good

Virtualbox
    http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...-91406-OSX.dmg
    Windows XP sp2
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...86fre_spcd.iso

Posted via CB10

I tried virtual box last night but its telling me that my PC needs repairing….. It thinks the hardware is 32bit not 64. I'm going to perceiver with this route out of curiosity and if it doesn't work I've got a couple of plan b's…. ie my mates pc or a micro sim on it's way from Vodafone who HAVE released 10.2.1

Would be cool if Virtual Box works. Kris Smundson's sticky says Virtual machines won't work.

X9…. Are you saying you installed the autoloader from a Mac using Virtual Box?
    02-18-14 07:10 AM
    I use Mac and since my carrier no longer supports BlackBerry (shame on them Movistar), I've been upgrading OS through Sachesi for more than 6 months now.

Every time a new official BB10 OS has been released since August 2013, I've downloaded through Sachesi from my Mac. It works perfectly and is non destructive as would be the case of sideloading via Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:18 AM
    If you want to run an Autoloader on a Mac, Bootcamp is the only way. VMware Fusion and Parallels doesn't work.
    02-18-14 08:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    You need to own a PC, I am sorry there is no way to upgrade your BB10 device on a Macintosh. The software and auto installer app was created on a PC. So you need to install Mac Fusion or use Boot Camp, or find yourself a PC there is no other alternative.
    02-18-14 08:53 AM
    You need to own a PC, I am sorry there is no way to upgrade your BB10 device on a Macintosh. The software and auto installer app was created on a PC. So you need to install Mac Fusion or use Boot Camp, or find yourself a PC there is no other alternative.
    I tried it on Fusion and it says Virtual Machine detected and cancels. It's either Boot Camp or No go for us Mac users .

Posted via CB10
    These comments I guess are pertinent in case one wants lo install LEAKS using Mac. But if one wants to install official BB10 OS versions that are unavailable for one's carrier (that happens a lot), then I hate to say you're both wrong, smoothrunnings and BryanVilla, because all official BlackBerry 10 OS versions, including the latest 10.2.1.2141 can be perfectly downloaded to Mac using Sachesi.

No need for Fusion, boot camp or any other tool.

Just download and install Sachesi on Mac, and that's all what is needed to download official BB10 OS (from any carrier in the world that has it available) and then install it on your BB10 device.

After Sachesi has been installed on Mac, open it and select country and carrier --for OS 10.2.1.2141 I used Netherlands (204) Vodafone (04)--. Select "download all" and then wait about 2:30 hours if you're on wifi (it may take less if connected to DSL cable) until the OS has been downloaded on Mac. After that, connect your BB10 device to Mac using the usb cable and select "install", then click on "folder" option. It should take approximately 1 hour to install the new OS to the device. That's all there is to it.

I'm running OS 10.2.1.2141 on my Z10 STL 100 1, which I downloaded and installed yesterday through my Mac (running Mavericks) using --only-- Sachesi, which by the way is non destructive as opposite to the sideloading process that can de done through Windows PCs.

I've been downloading official BB10 OS versions and installing them on my Z10 using Sachesi on my Mac (even with its newest operating system Mavericks) since August 2013, and have always had excellent results.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SubmarinerOne; 02-18-14 at 10:55 AM.
    Mellfee, vivsrulz and SmileDahling like this.
    02-18-14 10:14 AM
    The problem with going with the 'trendy' machine lol

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    I'd say it's more a problem with going with BlackBerry honestly. All but one Android developer I know use OSX. Considering other platforms provide fundamental tools and development kits for OSX, windows and linux alike, I find it rather puzzling that BlackBerry hasn't done the same. I've never seen a professional video editing rig or recording studio rig that wasn't a mac. OSX is a pro environment, albeit an obviously smaller marketshare than windows, it's also embarrassingly more usable than windows 8.
    02-18-14 11:00 AM
    I'd say it's more a problem with going with BlackBerry honestly. All but one Android developer I know use OSX. Considering other platforms provide fundamental tools and development kits for OSX, windows and linux alike, I find it rather puzzling that BlackBerry hasn't done the same. I've never seen a professional video editing rig or recording studio rig that wasn't a mac. OSX is a pro environment, albeit an obviously smaller marketshare than windows, it's also embarrassingly more usable than windows 8.
    I'll second that. I've only ever owned Macs (except for the odd dell laptop for obscure work reasons). Its nothing to do with being trendy. I've never owned an iphone.
    02-18-14 11:19 AM
    Submariner One, if I already have an autoloader file downloaded (which I do; STL 100 - 2 10.2.1.2141) do I need to go through the search process in Sachesi?

UPDATE: looks like I might have answered my own question. Will report back once it's done.
    Last edited by Mellfee; 02-18-14 at 02:58 PM.
    02-18-14 11:24 AM
    If you want to run an Autoloader on a Mac, Bootcamp is the only way. VMware Fusion and Parallels doesn't work.
    I use a mac with parallels, with Windows 7 and the Autoloaders work just fine.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    02-18-14 11:34 AM
39 12