I loaded 2342 up on my -3 last Friday and ran into the problem of having to do a security wipe after, then only restore settings, not app data. Sure the phone ran fine and my Android ports and apps worked good. I had everything reloaded back into the phone except my browser bookmarks. I tried to do another security wipe then restore app data and I get my bookmarks but then the Android apps don't work again.

Is there any way to import browser bookmarks by themselves? I miss the old days of picking individual files to backup or restore. I wonder if I can somehow sync my bookmarks into Gmail then import them.

I probably have over 200 bookmarks so manually entering each one again would be my last resort if all else fails.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    dawnjc79 likes this.
    05-29-13 07:19 PM
    I hear you and I know we all feel that pain!

Right now, there is no way to do that. I suggest having a note on Remember with your bookmarks so you can at least open them and manually re-add.
    05-29-13 07:32 PM
    Or you can take a bunch of screen shots.
    06-01-13 01:57 PM
    I loaded 2342 up on my -3 last Friday and ran into the problem of having to do a security wipe after, then only restore settings, not app data. Sure the phone ran fine and my Android ports and apps worked good. I had everything reloaded back into the phone except my browser bookmarks. I tried to do another security wipe then restore app data and I get my bookmarks but then the Android apps don't work again.

Is there any way to import browser bookmarks by themselves? I miss the old days of picking individual files to backup or restore. I wonder if I can somehow sync my bookmarks into Gmail then import them.

I probably have over 200 bookmarks so manually entering each one again would be my last resort if all else fails.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried restoring app data from a back up that is older than the one you are currently trying to use?

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    06-01-13 03:02 PM
    I figured it out! No matter what backup file I used it wouldn't work. So I loaded 2354 fresh, did security wipe, then connected my old 9810 to Link and did a device switch. That brought all my data and bookmarks into my Z10 without doing a restore function. Now all my Android apps work, I have all my passwords and data, everything is awesome!

Posted from my Z10 on CB10
    pili4 likes this.
    06-02-13 05:23 AM