08-21-17 12:13 PM
325 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Problem is that I cannot tell what these BAR files do as the function they provide is not missed whether installed, or not.
    cards and toolkit seem to be ok to remove. the others I don't know.
    08-30-13 12:22 PM
    Problem is that I cannot tell what these BAR files do as the function they provide is not missed whether installed, or not.
    rcse = joyn
    places.cards provides map integration for contacts, I believe.
    simtoolkit is exactly that: the SIM Toolkit. I personally don't use the SIM for storing contacts or SMS, but some do.
    smartcalling is, again, the Smart Calling feature within the Phone app. My understanding is that it is used for completing calls where an extension is included as part of a contact's phone nmber.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    08-30-13 03:32 PM
    Thanks, wu-wei...

Contacts using numbers with extensions (555-5555X555) complete successfully with sys.smartcalling uninstalled.
    Contacts continue to remain integrated with Maps (and vice-versa) with sys.places.cards uninstalled.

No matter...If and when I notice unexpected behavior, I'll report back...
    Last edited by adamlau; 08-31-13 at 12:23 AM.
    08-30-13 07:58 PM
    Anyone know what "sys.data.nuance_vocon...." files is used for? Voice control in different languages?

roots
    08-30-13 08:18 PM
    Anyone know what "sys.data.nuance_vocon...." files is used for? Voice control in different languages?

roots
    Looks like.
    08-30-13 08:21 PM
    I timed the boot time before and after removing all of the files listed above as well as a few others. I tried it a couple of times and noticed a maximum of maybe 5 seconds difference. I really don't see an reason to delete any of the system files given no more spinning clocks, lots of memory, lots of HD space and the ability to hide unwanted icons in folders.
    09-01-13 01:11 PM
    I timed the boot time before and after removing all of the files listed above as well as a few others. I tried it a couple of times and noticed a maximum of maybe 5 seconds difference. I really don't see an reason to delete any of the system files given no more spinning clocks, lots of memory, lots of HD space and the ability to hide unwanted icons in folders.
    You don't need to see a reason why. People want to delete stuff if they can. So they will. Me personally, would rather delete icons than have an extra folder full of icons that I don't need.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 01:57 PM
    Um, that's why I said "I" i.e. meaning me. I don't like clutter either but without really knowing which dependencies are associated with some of the removals on BB10 yet probably 'for me' I think I will revert back to leaving everything e.g. I just noticed something I deleted removed my password on my work email-not cool. That was an advantage pre-BB10 in that you could hide the icon rather than merely burying it in a folder.
    Last edited by mhw100; 09-01-13 at 03:12 PM.
    09-01-13 02:21 PM
    Um, that's why I said "I" i.e. meaning me. I don't like clutter either but without really knowing which dependencies are associated with some of the removals on BB10 yet probably 'for me' I think I will revert back to leaving everything e.g. I just noticed something I deleted removed my password on my work email-not cool. That was an advantage pre-BB10 in that you could hide the icon rather than merely burying it in a folder.
    Agreed about "hiding". And yes, a list would be nice. And wasn't trying to be harsh in the post, I read it, and could see it being that way after the fact. So, my apologies if taken that way.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:29 PM
    Seriously just read through 11 pages and have learned so much! Thank you folks for all your hard work.......im starting to really understand this process, will attempt this silliness in the morning after I reread this thread

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.1443
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-13 11:02 PM
    Seriously just read through 11 pages and have learned so much! Thank you folks for all your hard work.......im starting to really understand this process, will attempt this silliness in the morning after I reread this thread
    Not too hard. Just sideload the file then uninstall it.
    09-01-13 11:54 PM
    I see that Facebook is loaded into memory on boot (even though I've never used it) so I'm looking forward to deleting it for good. Great thread!

- aBBuser
    09-04-13 03:32 AM

roots
    Voice activation.
    09-04-13 08:41 AM
    You can stop Facebook by simply deleting the icon.
    pvphooman likes this.
    09-04-13 11:34 AM
    You can stop Facebook by simply deleting the icon.
    Duh..havent tried that in a while but it worked. Thanks! Deleted foursquare, LinkedIn also.

- aBBuser
    09-04-13 04:56 PM
    Can't delete via sachesi. It just disappears at sachesi but it is still on my phone. Games app, hubicon, and others.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    09-10-13 01:45 PM
    Can't delete via sachesi. It just disappears at sachesi but it is still on my phone. Games app, hubicon, and others.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    Did you sideload the bars first?
    09-10-13 06:15 PM
    Did you sideload the bars first?
    Yes. Maybe i'll try using chrome when I get my hands on a laptop.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    09-10-13 11:37 PM
    1. Determine which leak you are running on your phone
    2. unpack the apps from the leak on your pc using sachesi or sth. equivalent
    3. sideload all unpacked apps on your phone. I used the Chrome browser plugin to do so, and selected all .bars at once. One after the other has been sideloaded (re-installed).
    4. Restart your phone. Congratulations, you can now delete every pre-installed app directly from within the launcher. I suppose the apps will be deleted completely, not just the icon removed. You can re-install deleted apps by side-loading them again.

This method also can help upgrading all apps from a leak to newer versions of a newer leak without having to change the ROM base.
    deezy87 and cajunberry like this.
    09-15-13 01:38 PM
    3. sideload all unpacked apps on your phone. I used the Chrome browser plugin to do so, and selected all .bars at once. One after the other has been sideloaded (re-installed).
    4. Restart your phone. Congratulations, you can now delete every pre-installed app directly from within the launcher. I suppose the apps will be deleted completely, not just the icon removed. You can re-install deleted apps by side-loading them again.

This method also can help upgrading all apps from a leak to newer versions of a newer leak without having to change the ROM base.
    FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you! There are some apps I'd love to get rid of and haven't been able to.
    09-15-13 02:10 PM
    This is duplicative, and will be merged.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...s-os10-828351/
    mhw100 likes this.
    09-15-13 03:31 PM
    I know the thread is a bit old but quite helpful.

So, what are the TWO facebook bars? And can they both be removed?

com.rim.bb.app.facebook-10.2.2.8.bar
    sys.socialconnect.facebook-10.1.2.26.bar

Thanks.
    12-22-13 06:41 PM
    I know the thread is a bit old but quite helpful.

So, what are the TWO facebook bars? And can they both be removed?

com.rim.bb.app.facebook-10.2.2.8.bar
    sys.socialconnect.facebook-10.1.2.26.bar

Thanks.
    Those are the facebook primary app and settings to sync with the hub etc... and can be removed

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-22-13 06:45 PM
    Those are the facebook primary app and settings to sync with the hub etc... and can be removed

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. As I don't do Facebook I guess I will remove the com.rim.bb one (which is how I found two, that's the one I accidentally removed at first but put it back).
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-22-13 07:46 PM

Method works on .1055 leak with no problem, did not try on .1259 (just skipped this leak)
    HOWEVER.
    I got a problem with this method after the upgrading to the recent leak .1925 :-(, namely, the sideloaded system bars are keeping the "permanent" mark and cannot be uninstalled.

Anyone has similar problem and figured out how it can be done on .1925 ?
    Thanks a bunch
    12-24-13 12:01 PM
325 ... 7891011 ...