08-21-17 11:13 AM
325 ... 56789 ...
tools
    If a was close to a pc I would certainly help you, but I'm not, but what you basically do is start Darcy's Tool, go to the section where you extract apps, load the autoloader, select the apps you want extract and hit extract selected apps
    thanks for the reply.....nothing happen....the tools sees the back up.... the file extraction : nothing happen there.....now is the phone has to show in the file operation?......I would think yes but I am not sure.........it is my first try
    08-08-13 03:22 PM
    No it doesn't, was I get home I'll reply to this tread with screen shot, but you don't use backup files, you have to use the autoloader.exe file
    08-08-13 03:28 PM
    I am trying to use Darcy's tool to extract what I don't want in my phone but when I click on files extraction nothing happen...

Is someone able to help me?????? to make it work
    I guess there is no one in here today
    thanks for the reply.....nothing happen....the tools sees the back up.... the file extraction : nothing happen there.....now is the phone has to show in the file operation?......I would think yes but I am not sure.........it is my first try
    No it doesn't, was I get home I'll reply to this tread with screen shot, but you don't use backup files, you have to use the autoloader.exe file
    If a was close to a pc I would certainly help you, but I'm not, but what you basically do is start Darcy's Tool, go to the section where you extract apps, load the autoloader, select the apps you want extract and hit extract selected apps
    Patience everyone.

First, my head is spinning here. What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to remove unneeded resources from your device, they have to be on your device to begin with. Your initial post in here made it sound like you were trying to remove those apps from an autoloader prior to installing the OS to your device. Let me be clear: that approach is NOT POSSIBLE. I add that emphasis because, oh, how I wish it were possible.

OK, so if you have the latest OS installed on your device, open up PAM and delete whatever you want deleted. If it's flagged as permanent, THEN you go in and extract a copy of the app with Darcy's utility, sideload it to the device (so as to remove the permanent flag), and then delete it with PAM.

I hope that is helpful. There is actually a lot more information on all of this in our wiki. BerryLeaks Wiki
    ealvnv likes this.
    08-08-13 04:06 PM
    Thanks Wu I guess I didn't explain myself very well, damn work interfering with my CB life lol
    08-08-13 05:03 PM
    I believe with xsacha's latest Sachesi, one can uninstall those apps with permanent status directly without having to sideload them first to change their status from permanent.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    08-08-13 06:03 PM
    I am trying to remove the permanent app that I don't used....someone said that he uses the darcy tools to extract those from somewhere ( I guess) and installed it use the google ext then it the app become deletable........
    08-08-13 07:36 PM
    Patience everyone.

First, my head is spinning here. What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to remove unneeded resources from your device, they have to be on your device to begin with. Your initial post in here made it sound like you were trying to remove those apps from an autoloader prior to installing the OS to your device. Let me be clear: that approach is NOT POSSIBLE. I add that emphasis because, oh, how I wish it were possible.

OK, so if you have the latest OS installed on your device, open up PAM and delete whatever you want deleted. If it's flagged as permanent, THEN you go in and extract a copy of the app with Darcy's utility, sideload it to the device (so as to remove the permanent flag), and then delete it with PAM.

I hope that is helpful. There is actually a lot more information on all of this in our wiki. BerryLeaks Wiki

this what I want to do....obviously I don't know how to use darcy's tool....
    08-08-13 07:39 PM
    I got the non permanent removed with the google ext..
    08-08-13 07:40 PM
    I used the Darcy's Tool to extract all apps from the download OS (Ex: 10.2.0.1047), then use Chrome BBPB extension to sideload any app I want to remove that has "Permanent" status.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-08-13 10:18 PM
    Can I ask why are you guys extracting all these files? What is the purpose? I have installed the leak 10.2 and happy with it on my Q10. Obviously, this is much deeper than what I am able to do but just wondering

Thanks
    08-08-13 10:24 PM
    Can I ask why are you guys extracting all these files? What is the purpose? I have installed the leak 10.2 and happy with it on my Q10. Obviously, this is much deeper than what I am able to do but just wondering

Thanks
    08-08-13 10:28 PM
    Too remove unnecessary bloat that consume memory or cpu cycles.
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    08-08-13 10:29 PM
    what I need is the step by step instruction as to use Darcy's tool...........
    08-09-13 02:19 AM
    and yes I went to berry leaks wiki.........I am lost in there........
    08-09-13 02:20 AM
    and yes I went to berry leaks wiki.........I am lost in there........
    May I suggest using Sachesi for what your are trying to do? Maybe much easier for you.
    Open Sachesi.
    Click on Extract
    Click on Split and select 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4.exe from your hard drive
    Wait till its done
    You will now have separate files for radio and os
    Click on Extract Apps
    Select 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4-OS.0.signed from your hard drive
    Wait till its done
    You now have an archive of all apps in the folder 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4-OS.0-Apps
    Now use the BB10 App Manager Extension for Google Chrome.
    If you want to uninstall an app that is marked as permanent load it first from your app archive. And then you can delete it with the Chrome extension.
    Jerzeydevil likes this.
    08-09-13 02:33 AM
    ok never mind.........................finally I did figure it out................only took me hoursssssssssssssssss of my time
    FF22 likes this.
    08-09-13 03:52 AM
    May I suggest using Sachesi for what your are trying to do? Maybe much easier for you.
    Open Sachesi.
    Click on Extract
    Click on Split and select 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4.exe from your hard drive
    Wait till its done
    You will now have separate files for radio and os
    Click on Extract Apps
    Select 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4-OS.0.signed from your hard drive
    Wait till its done
    You now have an archive of all apps in the folder 10.2.0.1047_STL2-3-4-OS.0-Apps
    Now use the BB10 App Manager Extension for Google Chrome.
    If you want to uninstall an app that is marked as permanent load it first from your app archive. And then you can delete it with the Chrome extension.

thanks for the reply............................all done now using Darcy's tool................tried what you have suggested..... could not make it work with sachesi..............

I should give it another try.......just for the fun of it and the learning experience
    Last edited by Alain_A; 08-09-13 at 04:23 AM.
    08-09-13 03:55 AM
    I got a small problem.....

I know to remove the permanent status to an app you have to take it from another autoloader then sideload it to your device then the permanent status is changed to uninstall.......

so I took the autoloader from 10.2 extracted the one to use to sideload to the device...........and it doesn't changed the permanent status to uninstall.......

What Am I missing in the process?????
    08-11-13 02:02 PM
    I've figured out how to remove core system files. I've only removed the language files, and a few other carrier related items, but nothing more. It isn't important to shrink out stuff I have no current knowledge of...oh but eventually I will know, yeeees, I will know!!!

Anyway, it's easier to shrink AFTER installation, than to go through all of the hurdles of a preinstall shrink - having to disassemble then reassemble the OS and its contents. What I've done is allow desktop tools - in this case I'm using Sachibar and vnBB10 - the ability to "see" AND access core system files. It's pretty simple, here we go...

WARNING...IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS! YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR PHONE.

In the images, to the left of my desktop image, you can see Sachibar and vnBB10 active together - no weird happenings here. To the right of those are the list of extracted bar files, from OS10.2.0.483, for references

With my phone connected to USB, and in Development Mode, I start Sachibar and select the tab to show me the list of installed system files. As you can see, my phone is littered with language files I do not currently use. I scroll thru this list - the Sachibar window should be active, to scroll thru the list - and make note of all of the language files I plan to remove. Once I'm done there, I go to the extracted files folder and select the language files I extracted from the installed OS. I highlight these files, then drag and drop the language file group onto the vnBB10 window. From this point, all you'll see is a blank list of file names and file size numbers.

Next, I install every language file I drug into the vnBB10 program. It's this action that will allow these files to become accessible. NO, there will not be a duplicate file set. With using the exact same language file from the installed OS, duplication will not happen. Now, if you THOUGHT you selected the correct extracted OS folder, and didn't pay attention, yes, you will have duplicates...alot of duplicates. Pay attention!

Once installation is complete, select the "back" tab on vnBB10, and it will take you to the home screen of this program. Select "manage apps" and wait for the installed apps list to populate. You'll then see all of the language files now active and visible. Check the box of all the visible language files, and select "uninstall". Wait until the process is complete.

Close Sachibar and restart the app - Sasha, there should be a "clear list" tab here - and you'll now see all the language files you don't use, removed. Happy happy, joy joy!!
    If I want to get a file from the system can I get it or I can only remove files???

Pin:2AEE7545 - Q10 - (( SQN100-3 )) - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    08-11-13 02:05 PM
    use the same auto loader and extract the files from it.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-11-13 02:06 PM
    In the images, to the left of my desktop image, you can see Sachibar and vnBB10 active together - no weird happenings here. To the right of those are the list of extracted bar files, from OS10.2.0.483, for references
    How did you extract those .bar files?
    Why do you need to install them?
    How much space did you save?
    08-11-13 02:07 PM
    even using the same autoloader it did not changed the status to uninstall........

even I went to berryleaks and could not find the step by step
    08-11-13 02:25 PM
    even using the same autoloader it did not changed the status to uninstall........

even I went to berryleaks and could not find the step by step
    Your DPing the hell out of this thread... All these thread you DP just get sore you know?
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-11-13 02:34 PM
    Your DPing the hell out of this thread... All these thread you DP just get sore you know?
    what are you talking about
    08-11-13 02:49 PM
    what are you talking about
    Double Post
    Can either be:

1) When someone posts the exact same thing twice in a row.

2) When someone posts something then, rather than using the "edit" button, posts an elaboration or similar right after the 1st.

3) Simply two posts by the same member, regardless of reason, after each other.
    1)
    person1: I am cool...
    person2: aaargh double post!

2)
    person1: how good is an 8800?
    person1: wait I mean an 8800GTX?
    person2: try using 'edit' next time.

3)
    person1: I like sausages...
    person2: *****!