08-21-17 11:13 AM
325 12345 ...
tools
    I think I've taken out almost everything that wasn't bolted down. Foursquare, LinkedIn, Twitter, VAD, extra languages, retaildemoshim, (broken) bug reporters, tutorials, OOBE and editors are all gone. Shame I can't get rid of Story Maker and Games, but at least we can get rid of some things.
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-13-13 08:27 PM
    Must.....resist.....all the horrible jokes.
    I knew you'd get it!! You've been around me for too long
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-13-13 08:43 PM
    You, me, and maybe....just maybe.....Mecca.
    Like I don't even mind if it still shows my rogers splash after that, but those bubbles > than any boot anywhere (minus Paranoid Android)

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-13-13 09:05 PM
    I wonder if Darcy or Sasha can find it...bueller...bueller?
    07-13-13 09:20 PM
    I'll get lbfe on it as well

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:31 PM
    Easy enough to find I'm sure.... modifying it on the other hand... would probably need to root the phone to start with.

So much is locked down with signatures that it's going to be difficult to do otherwise.

But if the bb10 emulator is any indication, files can be modified after they've been installed without triggering the signature checks. Of course the phone may operate differently.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:34 PM
    Easy enough to find I'm sure.... modifying it on the other hand... would probably need to root the phone to start with.

So much is locked down with signatures that it's going to be difficult to do otherwise.

But if the bb10 emulator is any indication, files can be modified after they've been installed without triggering the signature checks. Of course the phone may operate differently.

Posted via CB10
    If we use this method of sideloading the base load screen, delete it, than install the dev load maybe just maybe

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:46 PM
    Just a note that I am adding this feature to Sachesi
    As you can currently see, I have a trash icon next to each app.
    wu-wei, Mecca EL, sbmd and 1 others like this.
    07-13-13 09:49 PM
    sacha can I do that using sachesi???
    07-13-13 10:14 PM
    And along with trash icon would you add the "Are You Sure" dialog

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-13-13 10:16 PM
    If you can get backups working without Link, then I have a good idea that you can allow us to send the infernal Games app back to the hell from whence it came.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-13-13 10:17 PM
    sacha Can I dod that with sachesi>>
    07-13-13 10:21 PM
    Thanks. I will give it a try.
    can't seem to get it. tried two different IPv4 numbers and the dev mode address can't display page.
    sorry double post
    If you can get backups working without Link, then I have a good idea that you can allow us to send the infernal Games app back to the hell from whence it came.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah backups and restores already work.

sacha Can I dod that with sachesi>>
    The uninstalling apps doesn't work yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 11:33 PM
    Games and Story Maker would be sweet. Another noob question, not sure if this falls under this. Are system icons for Search/Setup/Help able to be removed or maybe hidden? Probably an unlocking the OS type thing right?
    07-13-13 11:39 PM
    I got bored of 10.1, so I'll see what I can rip out of 10.2. Starting with the Dev Beta gets rid of a lot of the permanent items.
    07-13-13 11:57 PM
    Sacha ....when I tried Sachibar downloaded from your website.....it doesn't connect to my phone keep searching for ever and I can't change the ip address...do you know Why?????
    07-14-13 12:25 AM
    Sacha ....when I tried Sachibar downloaded from your website.....it doesn't connect to my phone keep searching for ever and I can't change the ip address...do you know Why?????
    Yeah the old method requires developer mode to be on.

Use Sachesi instead.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-13 12:27 AM
    I got bored of 10.1, so I'll see what I can rip out of 10.2. Starting with the Dev Beta gets rid of a lot of the permanent items.
    Trouble is it also gets rid of a lot of basic functionality that I personally need from my device. I totally agree that the Dev Betas are an almost perfect starting point for those of us who want a minimalist OS...but the razor cuts too close for me on the Dev OSes.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-13 12:33 AM
    Trouble is it also gets rid of a lot of basic functionality that I personally need from my device. I totally agree that the Dev Betas are an almost perfect starting point for those of us who want a minimalist OS...but the razor cuts too close for me on the Dev OSes.
    Yeah, I decided to step up to .483 instead of bothering with the Beta. However, for whatever reason, Games is still in the Beta instead of Search, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Foursquare, etc.
    07-14-13 12:35 AM
    Never mind figured it out and just got rid of English. I will be having a lovely night LOL. reminds me of the first time I messed up my wife's dell dimension 4100. 24 floppies later and hours reformatting and reinstalling. I did it again a week later. Oh the fun.
    07-14-13 12:58 AM
    Never mind figured it out and just got rid of English. I will be having a lovely night LOL. reminds me of the first time I messed up my wife's dell dimension 4100. 24 floppies later and hours reformatting and reinstalling. I did it again a week later. Oh the fun.
    You can just sideload it back in. It has becomes pretty easy to do thanks to Darcy's work. I'm happy to help you through it if you need.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:00 AM
    Yeah, I decided to step up to .483 instead of bothering with the Beta. However, for whatever reason, Games is still in the Beta instead of Search, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Foursquare, etc.
    Focused on devs only, I guess. Makes sense. I just wish we had more granular control over things, like in the old/legacy days.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:03 AM
    You can just sideload it back in. It has becomes pretty easy to do thanks to Darcy's work. I'm happy to help you through it if you need.

Posted via CB10
    if you don't mind never done that before plenty of good apps for me without side loading. didn't think it was for anything else.
    07-14-13 01:23 AM
325 12345 ...