Hey guys
    That downside bar annoys me a lot is there anyway to remove it?
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1371

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:36 PM
    08-25-13 09:38 PM
    The android bar will be stay there.
    08-26-13 01:13 AM
    Permanent...stays...will not go away...period...always there...

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... Unlocked Runtime
    08-26-13 02:59 AM
    Hey guys
    That downside bar annoys me a lot is there anyway to remove it?
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1371

Posted via CB10
    Did you even try to search for an answer? Been talked about for weeks.

Cranky
    08-26-13 04:33 AM
    I did search found some said they disabled it temporary so I have just asked.

Why all of u acted like I said something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:34 AM
    I did search found some said they disabled it temporary so I have just asked.

Why all of u acted like I said something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    no worries dude, seems to be the new in thing on CB these days.... ppl ******** over someone asking questions. if ur on 10.2 the bar is permanent cant hide it again, but if ur running 10.2.0.1047, just load the .810 android bars. there is a bug with this combination were the bar disappears completely, (meaning if u swipe from the top it wont appear). but like i said its a bug, pretty hard to predict when it will happen and the bar reappears after you reboot but it can disappear again after rebooting.

So if after sideloading .810 android bar on .1047 u still see the bar is still there just do a few reboots, it'll disappear eventually. just dont reboot afterwards.

NB: there no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers..... If you dont have anything +ve to post, just ignore the thread.
    BB12MX and BerryWizard like this.
    08-26-13 11:53 AM
    no worries dude, seems to be the new in thing on CB these days.... ppl ******** over someone asking questions. if ur on 10.2 the bar is permanent cant hide it again, but if ur running 10.2.0.1047, just load the .810 android bars. there is a bug with this combination were the bar disappears completely, (meaning if u swipe from the top it wont appear). but like i said its a bug, pretty hard to predict when it will happen and the bar reappears after you reboot but it can disappear again after rebooting.

So if after sideloading .810 android bar on .1047 u still see the bar is still there just do a few reboots, it'll disappear eventually. just dont reboot afterwards.

NB: there no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers..... If you dont have anything +ve to post, just ignore the thread.
    Are you kidding me Robin Hood?
    Except for the discussion for some weeks now, there is a whole thread a few positions under.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=842699

In case you are totally incapable of reading I provide you with a link.
    Knock yourself out.
    Starting a thread that exists, contributes nothing to the community other than clutter.

I am not attacking the OP, but you are not helping him with your attitude.

So dear OP, there is a search function on CB.
    It is a very good practice to use it when you have a question.
    Noone demands you read all the threads before you start a thread, but in order to keep things organized, the less clutter there is, the easiest it is for us to find the answers by reading, or searching and then reading.
    I am not a moderator and I am not trying to prove something to you or to anyone, but noise makes my life more difficult and I don't like it.
    In case you need more help please pm me.

Edit: forgot to mention that somewhere it is stated that the app designers can do whatever they want with the bar, meaning that they can keep it on or off according to their wishes. The users on the other hand, have to cope with the app designer's will.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:30 PM
    It can be removed....

Collect two kitten toes, 3 rabbit fangs, 5 lizard tails and a beer.

This is key: bury the items in the middle of a corn field ONLY on the 1st day of summer's end.

Then slam your device on the ground.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    ulucan likes this.
    08-26-13 12:36 PM
    It can be removed....

Collect two kitten toes, 3 rabbit fangs, 5 lizard tails and a beer.

This is key: bury the items in the middle of a corn field ONLY on the 1st day of summer's end.

Then slam your device on the ground.

One question, slam it facing up or down?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:38 PM
    One question, slam it facing up or down?

Posted via CB10
    As long as the top bezel faces the direction of Canada. It should definitely work...

08-26-13 12:40 PM
    Yes - it's been said before that it is a now permanent "feature" but the fact that so many people have asked about how to get rid of it just says how much of an annoyance it is.

It needs to either go back to how it was, be an option, or a way smaller bar. On a Z10 it might not be that big of an issue, but on a Q10 it's unacceptable.

Jumping on people repeating this issue doesn't help anything. Yes - they could have searched. But they don't see a solution, so they want to see if anything has changed. I've got a Q10, so I'm in the same boat as OP. There needs to be a change, and when people ask repeat questions like this it could be interpreted as a barometer of how the CrackBerry community feels.

No need to over-police the forum.

Posted via CB10
    najawah likes this.
    08-26-13 12:43 PM
    As long as the top bezel faces the direction of Canada. It should definitely work...

Will it work on stl100-1? Lol

Posted using CB10 Rockin STL100-3 Runnin latest 10.2.0.1371
    08-26-13 12:48 PM
    No need to over-police the forum.

Posted via CB10
    couldnt have said it better myself. plus unanswered threads fall to the bottom of the forum. the constant flaming keeps the thread visible. Just ignore it and it will go away.
    08-26-13 12:51 PM
    couldnt have said it better myself. plus unanswered threads fall to the bottom of the forum. the constant flaming keeps the thread visible. Just ignore it and it will go away.
    The question has been definitely answered.
    People here do not represent BlackBerry.
    Make a tweet to Thorsten Heins if the answer does not cover you.
    But for the time being the answer is in the thread on the link above. It is en extensive and analytical answer that does not leave any questions unanswered.
    Furthermore the search function does not care about how old a thread is or when was the last time it had a post.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 01:10 PM
    @akavbb Wow. So if something has already been discussed, it's not allowed to be discussed again?

Is that it?

In that case maybe the forums shouldn't exist at all. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Is that what you're saying?

Because it seems like about 90% of the discussions on these forums are basically just the same conversations with incremental software versions attached to them. And I like it like that.

As someone else noted, conversations are self-regulating according to interest - if no one thinks it's interesting, it goes to the bottom. No need for you to jump in trying to tell people where to stick their opinions.

But whatever - just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:02 PM
    Tl;dr;
    Bar must go! Allow me to unpin it on Q10.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    08-28-13 01:42 AM
    if you wants remove bar ever you just uninstall app.....no app, no bar......lol

Z10 STL100-2 from CB10
    08-28-13 01:49 AM
    Tried scratching with a penny. Works like a charm...just kidding..try wet sanding instead..

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 01:49 AM
    @akavbb Wow. So if something has already been discussed, it's not allowed to be discussed again?

Is that it?

In that case maybe the forums shouldn't exist at all. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Is that what you're saying?

Because it seems like about 90% of the discussions on these forums are basically just the same conversations with incremental software versions attached to them. And I like it like that.

As someone else noted, conversations are self-regulating according to interest - if no one thinks it's interesting, it goes to the bottom. No need for you to jump in trying to tell people where to stick their opinions.

But whatever - just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Don't write words I never used. I never told anyone to stick anything anywhere.
    But, doesn't it make you wonder that many people here reacted to the question?
    It is not the fact that the question has already been asked that triggered my response, but the specific question that has been excaustively been discussed.
    How would it seem to you if I went and opened a new thread asking the same question?
    Or if I opened a thread asking if OS 1371 will ever be released for STL100-1?
    To end this thing from my side, thank you all for your kind and constructive debate.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 03:50 AM