07-11-13 11:10 AM
303 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Loaded back 10.1, can't live without my Temple Run lol

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:01 PM
    I'm to lazy to go back and find the post to quote it, but the hotspotbrowser.bar worked.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:04 PM
    Most games that worked on the 2.3.3 runtime using the new converting method don't work with this OS build. Also, Vine loads but doesn't play the videos properly, all you get is a black screen with the sound on a loop. I heard this could be due to hardware acceleration which hasn't been implemented yet (I think)

Overall, app experience is better on 10.1 builds (for now)
    Which build of Vine did you use? I converted it myself as well but it would just stop responding during start up, I presumed it was because it has some [Android-]native code that isn't supported on BB? Was I wrong *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:48 PM
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000011.png

That new? It's from Andyroid rontyme.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:05 PM
    Adam, what are you using to backup and restore settings, apps etc, BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, latest BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 01:04 AM
    I'm to lazy to go back and find the post to quote it, but the hotspotbrowser.bar worked.

Posted via CB10
    Great thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 01:05 AM
    Which build of Vine did you use? I converted it myself as well but it would just stop responding during start up, I presumed it was because it has some [Android-]native code that isn't supported on BB? Was I wrong *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    You're not entirely wrong, I used the new method to convert which allows native code to work. I got the apk directly from the Google Play Store. I'm really hoping Vine will work work properly once a full functional OS is released.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 03:46 AM
    any solution for Alarm ?
    06-19-13 04:56 AM
    You're not entirely wrong, I used the new method to convert which allows native code to work. I got the apk directly from the Google Play Store. I'm really hoping Vine will work work properly once a full functional OS is released.

Posted via CB10
    Could you PM or BBM me how to download apk from play store? Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:02 AM
    any solution for Alarm ?
    Restore settings, sideload a clock app, then you can switch it on and off, but no way to change them.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:03 AM
    just installed it to try what's in it ,, found it nice more smooth .. but couldn't restore my settings when i do it the phone restarts ,, also couldn't add FB or twitter account ..

i've side loaded it Instagram , first it runs smoother and they fixed the Arabic language in Runtime JB 4.2.2 but i didn't like that the new bar can't be hide as it is in Runtime 2.3.3 hope that we'll be able to hide it on the official release or in coming full 10.2 os leakes .. now i'm back to 10.1
    06-19-13 09:10 AM
    Downloaded all the files and followed the instructions to a "t"; however, cannot restore anything from my previous back-ups. Keep getting the error about the no device ID. Tried security wipe as well and no luck.

Other than that, so far everything is loading up without issues. I will report back more once I finish and the battery settles in.
    06-19-13 12:34 PM
    Downloaded all the files and followed the instructions to a "t"; however, cannot restore anything from my previous back-ups. Keep getting the error about the no device ID. Tried security wipe as well and no luck.

Other than that, so far everything is loading up without issues. I will report back more once I finish and the battery settles in.
    Having the same issue, tried restore factory settings no luck, updated to latest official update via OTA still the same

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:47 PM
    anyone has got a working skype bar for this build?

All my apps, settings are working so well, and really a big noticeable difference in running android apps. It's fast and doesn't hang as much as 2.3.3

For those who have issues restoring, here is what I did (I earlier couldn't restore too, kept rebooting my phone)

I loaded in 10.2 alpha, put up all my settings, did a full backup. Then reloaded beta and restore full. Restore works this way from 10.2 but previous 10.1 backup file doesn't work.
    Hope this helps others

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 12:31 AM

All my apps, settings are working so well, and really a big noticeable difference in running android apps. It's fast and doesn't hang as much as 2.3.3

For those who have issues restoring, here is what I did (I earlier couldn't restore too, kept rebooting my phone)

I loaded in 10.2 alpha, put up all my settings, did a full backup. Then reloaded beta and restore full. Restore works this way from 10.2 but previous 10.1 backup file doesn't work.
    Hope this helps others

Posted via CB10
    But that defeats the purpose as we are trying to avoid setting everything up again and without being able to restore settings from 10.1 you cannot use Facebook or LinkedIn as you cannot set those accounts up under the current available versions of 10.2, among other reasons.
    06-20-13 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded the new build from BlackBerry World. And yesterday I had a video call, and it worked perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:00 AM
    any solution for Alarm ?
    I haven't found any yet and I tried both 10.2 bar files.
    I downloaded the new build from BlackBerry World. And yesterday I had a video call, and it worked perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    Mine works fine as well.
    But that defeats the purpose as we are trying to avoid setting everything up again and without being able to restore settings from 10.1 you cannot use Facebook or LinkedIn as you cannot set those accounts up under the current available versions of 10.2, among other reasons.
    Actually u are able to set up all accounts fb, twitter, evernote and even alarm on the 10.2 alpha build

And well if it's about inconvenience to resetup everything on the alpha first, then yes. But at least I hope it offers some hope to others who r willing the hassle to try out this build.

For me, the JB impresses me a lot. And since I use quite a lot of android ports, I tried so many ways to make it work so I'm sharing what might help others

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:09 AM
    Actually u are able to set up all accounts fb, twitter, evernote and even alarm on the 10.2 alpha build

And well if it's about inconvenience to resetup everything on the alpha first, then yes. But at least I hope it offers some hope to others who r willing the hassle to try out this build.

For me, the JB impresses me a lot. And since I use quite a lot of android ports, I tried so many ways to make it work so I'm sharing what might help others

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I knew the risks when I decided to load this build as well, the restore is really the only issue, everything else needed is mostly ok. There are little quirks on missing features because the build isn't complete.

Just trying every option as well to get the restore to work from 10.1.0.2354
    06-20-13 01:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    The only problem that's not available for the Qs and STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:22 AM
    The only problem that's not available for the Qs and STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    I am on Q SQN3 and alpha works fine

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 03:36 AM
    hi, someone can tell me how to install foursquare because i cannot install it from blackberry world :/ or give a link to the bar
    thanks
    06-20-13 04:22 AM
    I installed and none of the Android app works.......

Posted via CB10
    I just wiped the device and reloaded the apps and now everything works perfectly for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 05:47 AM
    For anyone wondering, it is possible to run the Q10 4285 OS with the 10.2.0.228 radio file. Yes, it works, just flash it, no changes needed
    Apart from a few visual differences such as the spinner, and the limited 4.2.2 android (lacking game functions)
    You essentially have the best of both worlds
    06-20-13 08:08 AM
303 ... 7891011 ...