Should we make a counter or something?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 02:38 PM
    What's the point?

BB10 is pretty much out of development at this point.... they have struggled for a year now to get some security certification that by all accounts takes six months.

There just isn't going to be anymore leaks and it's not in production, it's not having to be tested by carriers (those that require testing aren't going to test it as they stopped selling this hardware long ago).
    10-25-16 02:41 PM
    >2 years TTBOMK. I doubt we'll ever see a leak again.

I disagree with DDD that BB10 is out of development, as evidenced by the Latest Spotted OS for BlackBerry 10. It would be nice to see an official OS released for Jef sakes.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-25-16 08:23 PM
    10.3.2.500 (April 2015) was the last unofficial one, since that one weaseled its way out of the beta program.

The last actual smuggled out of Waterloo OS was 10.3.1.2480 (February 2015), I believe.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-25-16 09:20 PM
    10.3.2.500 (April 2015) was the last unofficial one, since that one weaseled its way out of the beta program.

The last actual smuggled out of Waterloo OS was 10.3.1.2480 (February 2015), I believe.
    Thanks! I was close, but senility must be distorting my perception of time.
    10-25-16 09:27 PM
    Should we make a counter or something?

Posted via CB10
    It's a dead OS!!! I'm baffled by these threads. There is no OS10. no development, No one to even work on development, no apps, the few that remain are leaving or soon will leave. Where do you even get the idea that a leak is forthcoming?

If you want to make a counter, make one that counts down the days till BB does not exist in the smartphone world in any way with no real contribution.
    10-25-16 09:39 PM
    It's a dead OS!!! I'm baffled by these threads. There is no OS10. no development, No one to even work on development, no apps, the few that remain are leaving or soon will leave. Where do you even get the idea that a leak is forthcoming?

If you want to make a counter, make one that counts down the days till BB does not exist in the smartphone world in any way with no real contribution.
    I don't mind negativity in one's opinion. Certainly, I've been critical myself, but at least be accurate if you're going to make declarative statements.

The OS is being developed. Maybe not to anyone's liking, but development continues just the same. I still have app updates. Not as frequently as in the past, but they do happen. BlackBerry as a software company has positioned itself to continue in the smartphone world for G_d knows how long. You want to count down till that ends...go for it...but not on this fan site.
    Vistaus and cdnrower like this.
    10-25-16 09:49 PM
    Exactly! It is in development still, luckily

But regardless of that: I thought Chen had put forward a strict policy to prevent leaking? Which is why we don't see leaks anymore.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-25-16 11:52 PM
    You're wrong. It's coming out tomorrow between the timeframe of 5:15pm and 5:17pm.

Better catch it quick.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 06:10 PM
    Exactly! It is in development still, luckily

But regardless of that: I thought Chen had put forward a strict policy to prevent leaking? Which is why we don't see leaks anymore.

Not having anything to leak helps too...
    xtremeled, 00stryder and dalinxz like this.
    10-26-16 08:20 PM

If bb10 is dead then BlackBerry os7 and lower are past decomposition stage!

That's why there is still hundreds if not thousands of legacy devices still being used and why carriers also offer BIS service. Even without apps as you say, even if it's dead, these phones will continue to work.

Do you know why many people value BlackBerry? Security! And you know that the least popular and used platform is the one less vulnerable. If you want apps and gimmicks, get an iphone. If you want real world work done, get a BlackBerry. As the other guy once said, it just works!

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-03-16 12:21 PM
    If bb10 is dead then BlackBerry os7 and lower are past decomposition stage!

That's why there is still hundreds if not thousands of legacy devices still being used and why carriers also offer BIS service. Even without apps as you say, even if it's dead, these phones will continue to work.

Do you know why many people value BlackBerry? Security! And you know that the least popular and used platform is the one less vulnerable. If you want apps and gimmicks, get an iphone. If you want real world work done, get a BlackBerry. As the other guy once said, it just works!

Posted via CB10
    Do I know how many people value Blackberry? less than 1% of smartphone users. It was the lack of apps and the co captains falling asleep at the wheel that killed Blackberry.
    11-03-16 06:52 PM
    Do like this:

Go to a well established and important financial institution. Check what phone the top dogs are using. Yes a BlackBerry and not a bb10 device but most probably a 9900.

And then you ask why they use it if there are no apps. They will answer that they don't need that kind of nonsense apps for their work and those apps are a risk to security.

Even the ex ceo of google when android was already gaining traction used a BlackBerry 9900. Us gov has hundreds of them still in use... you get the picture.

BlackBerry is not a regular consumer brand! They never were! That's why they don't need to care about you can't use instagram or snapchat. They go after where the money is and that's on big corporate enterprises who values BlackBerry core assets: security!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 08:15 AM
    And then you ask why they use it if there are no apps. They will answer that they don't need that kind of nonsense apps for their work and those apps are a risk to security.

Posted via CB10
    Nonsense apps like Microsoft Office, Airwatch, Citrix Receiver, Slack, HipChat, LiquidPlanner, Wrike, Zoho Projects, LeanKit, Google Docs, OneNote, BaseCamp, SquareRegister, Tasker, etc?
    Fret Madden likes this.
    11-04-16 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't mind negativity in one's opinion. Certainly, I've been critical myself, but at least be accurate if you're going to make declarative statements.
    I'll just leave this here.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-04-16 10:04 AM
    They're not mobile workers. Most of the work is made on a real computer! And yes, there are many many internally developed apps that they use. If security is in mind they use BlackBerry for mdm and in-house developed apps.

Where I work we don't trust our information to pass through third party software. We have our one apps meeting our security purposes.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-04-16 10:04 AM
    Nonsense apps like Microsoft Office, Airwatch, Citrix Receiver, Slack, HipChat, LiquidPlanner, Wrike, Zoho Projects, LeanKit, Google Docs, OneNote, BaseCamp, SquareRegister, Tasker, etc?
    Google docs in an important financial institution dealing with sensible data? You must be joking right?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Jake2826 like this.
    11-04-16 10:06 AM
    Google docs in an important financial institution dealing with sensible data? You must be joking right?

Posted via CB10
    These are called "examples". They are all singular and not attached to any one sector or individual.
    BigBadWulf and Vistaus like this.
    11-04-16 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    There's plenty of financial institutions on Office 365. BlackBerry10 doesn't run many of the associated Android apps well (OneDrive, O365 Admin app, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Skype for Business, Delve, etc). Despite the security that BlackBerry10 offers, it has no app support... which is reducing it's capabilities as a "productivity" focused device in the modern corporate world.
    11-25-16 02:55 AM
    There's plenty of financial institutions on Office 365. BlackBerry10 doesn't run many of the associated Android apps well (OneDrive, O365 Admin app, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Skype for Business, Delve, etc). Despite the security that BlackBerry10 offers, it has no app support... which is reducing it's capabilities as a "productivity" focused device in the modern corporate world.
    Connect to OneDrive (from BBW) works very well for me as does OneNote (from Play Store) on my Passport. I use them a lot.

11-25-16 03:45 PM