12-02-14 03:22 AM
110 ... 2345
tools
    I'd like to know if there's a way to turn up (or down?) the transparency of the date on the home page? or remove it completely?
    08-26-14 01:59 PM
    I'd like to know if there's a way to turn up (or down?) the transparency of the date on the home page? or remove it completely?
    I believe the only way to remove it is to fully remove the open home screen when all apps are closed.

Sent via the new Tapatalk

My boring channel but with Frenchie puppy pics
    08-26-14 02:06 PM
    The thought behind the transparency is probably to allow you to show off your wallpaper unobstructed. You can always just turn off the Home page if it bothers you, but other than that I haven't seen any options for the date.
    abhi21rocks likes this.
    08-26-14 02:39 PM
    I used sachesi to do non distructive update I came from 10.2.2.1531 and I have no problems also. in fact I read more problems from people that used autoloaders with sic wipe then the other way
    I do this since several leaks without problems.
    Yup, that's what I did. It's the only way I do it now. I have the least amount of issues doing it this way - including this time. I have no issues now, and feel bad for those who bent over backwards with wipes before, wipes after, and still having problems. Everything working here. No wipe, no "SIC Multiwipe", and no restore necessary. What I DID do is read at least a days worth of messages before installing, so I knew all the little precautions (updating Link, removing the Docs To Go bars, Verizon VVM fix, etc..).

The only other thing I do is turn off ALL radios during the process. Don't want new messages and calls coming in until the process is finished.
    08-26-14 02:56 PM
    Great advice man! That is always the main reason ppl have problems with new leaks!
    Do security wipe folks!!

Posted via CB10
    If wipe was mandatory then BlackBerry never will release OTA updates...

Wipe, wipe, wipe... is like a phrase of MS Windows users: Format & reinstall, format & reinstall, format & reinstall...

A good software development must support updates without problems & without loosing your data.
    We, as users, must claim for that.

But, with Beta versions, everything can happen...
    Sometime this requires some users expertise.
    This is why Beta programs are not so open.
    And the users must have certain knowledge of what they are doing.

Sometimes is all about lucky...
    And of course the Murphy's laws, are always present.
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    08-26-14 03:25 PM
    Candy crush soda saga not working on10.3.0.1034 it crashes

Posted via CB10
    I download the latest version from Snap and it works fine.
    08-26-14 04:05 PM
    I have never wiped, and I have never had an issue.
    I have only restored from a previous leak once without any issue. Starting fresh is the preferred method for myself.
    I have always accounted "glitches" to being a new OS and that's ok.
    I don't mind being a "tester" to help the cause.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:46 PM
    I didn't wipe when I made the jump to 10.3....

Only issue I have is Facebook friends showing in my contacts even though it's set to "Off"

I'd wipe right now but I've already entered all my contacts. I usually start fresh.
    Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:52 PM
    I've never wiped my device prior to, or after an OS load. I also do a full backup and restore, and I have never had an issue(I did this time with my email and PIM using 30% of my battery. Deleted the accounts then added them back in, and all was good).

I've done OS loads this way going all the way back to my pearl. I'm a leak junky so I've done a few of them.

I have tried wiping(security, and SIC) and have never seen any difference.
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    08-26-14 04:59 PM
    How to fix your OS 10.3.0.1052 problems-mockit_26082014192757.jpg

z30sta100-3/10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 06:28 PM
    When one does a security wipe...and then it follows afterwards that you are also doing a restart. So when people solving a problem and say a security wipe saved the day was it really the wipe or was it the restart. I have never wiped a phone when updating an OS leak or otherwise. But I do a few restarts after loading a new OS.

Also I always do a full restore and have 4 email accounts, all the social apps, and a dozen android apps and all I ever have to do is renter my passwords again and its back to normal giving it time repopulate emails and contacts etc.
    shashiraz likes this.
    08-26-14 06:46 PM
    There are only TWO reasons to do a security wipe.
    1.) If you continually have issues with your device
    2.) If you're getting rid of your device and want to wipe the entire drive clean.

And remember, It's OK to do a "custom" restore. DO NOT restore "SETTINGS."
    Doing so installs older system files to a newer OS.

I keep reading, from people that don't want to use autoloaders or BB Link and what I see over and over again is "THE ONLY ISSUES I HAVE.... etc.
    You shouldn't have ANY issues.

BlackBerry created "Desktop Manager" and BB Link specifically for the purpose of installing Leaks, Updates, OS's.. what have you.
    If you're having problems with this software it's because you're not taking the time to READ how to properly SET UP THE SOFTWARE!

If you're having a few minor issues, you don't have to wipe! Just reload the autoloader and follow directions regarding BBLink.

You people with issues are creating them yourself. It's not the software.. It's not the Autoloaders.. and it's not a conspiracy to screw you up.
    The problem lies solely with YOU!!

08-26-14 10:21 PM
    I want to update my z10 but how to update this here is no Wi Fi i need help
    08-27-14 12:10 AM
    i have wiped my phone. the battery is still bad. my phone is new

official 10.2 was really good on battery

but i like 10.3 lol
    08-27-14 05:21 AM
    Let's wrap this up because the OP is factually inaccurate and this thread seems to be lingering.

If it makes you feel better go ahead and do a security wipe, but it will not make any real difference other than to wipe the security settings, when you use an Autoloader which wipes the rest anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 09:38 AM
    My only known issue with 10.3.0.1052 is that when I turn off the device, battery does not charge...
    I have to leave it on or do a hard reset. Some suggestions to correct this?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    08-27-14 09:47 AM
    My only known issue with 10.3.0.1052 is that when I turn off the device, battery does not charge...
    I have to leave it on or do a hard reset. Some suggestions to correct this?
    Sounds like a bad connection with your battery to your device.
    Sometimes,it's the little things that are overlooked!
    Try cleaning the battery posts with a Q-tip and a drop of alcohol.
    08-27-14 10:06 AM
    Sounds like a bad connection with your battery to your device.
    Sometimes,it's the little things that are overlooked!
    Try cleaning the battery posts with a Q-tip and a drop of alcohol.
    But with OS 10.2 device charges fine while turned off... =/

BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.0.1052
    08-27-14 01:11 PM
    I have installed 10.3.0.1052 on my z10 100-1..Via the non destructive way.. The advanced interaction isn't working for me...Will sideloading again the DEbric file help??
    08-27-14 01:22 PM
    There is no need to do a security wipe on the device, the autoloader wipes and installs the new OS.

I have never wipe my device and never really have issues, the main thing is after loading a new OS, restart your phone a few times and give it a few hours to settle down.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:29 PM
    I did what I said I would do and all three advanced interactions are working

Love my Z10 looking for its successor or go for Z30 when the price is right for me
    08-28-14 03:37 AM
    what happens if you have security wiped and your phone keeps wiping data when you restart your device?

I'm on a Q10 device?
    08-28-14 05:02 AM
    Mmm alcohol

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:12 AM
    I used sachesi to do non distructive update I came from 10.2.2.1531 and I have no problems also. in fact I read more problems from people that used autoloaders with sic wipe then the other way
    I do this since several leaks without problems.
    There is a problem with your logic. If you use Sachesi or an autoloader both only replace or update the system bar files, either of them clean up the phone of the old bar files and other files that the update no longer needs but that the OS still sometimes accesses. Doing an secure wipe is really on the way to resolve this after you update your update your device.
    09-03-14 03:27 PM
    Let's wrap this up because the OP is factually inaccurate and this thread seems to be lingering.

If it makes you feel better go ahead and do a security wipe, but it will not make any real difference other than to wipe the security settings, when you use an Autoloader which wipes the rest anyway.

Posted via CB10
    This is incorrect the autoloader does not wipe out the rest of the files, they are still intact on the device once it reboots. The secure wipe is an old best BlackBerry practice after doing OS updates which was started back on BBOS devices. If everything is being wiped out why then would BlackBerry recommend it?
    09-03-14 03:31 PM
110 ... 2345