03-10-15 06:17 PM
211 ... 6789
tools
    Anyone using Myfitnesspal on 10.3? It is pretty slow on 10.2 (especially screen refreshes) - any improvement on 10.3???

Posted via CB10
    MyFitnessPal runs really quick on my Q10/.1154 build. In fact, everything is faster and seems cleaner. All android apps open with no issues and the only negative that I see, is how small the font is on the home page under the icons. With the wrong home page wallpaper, it could be unreadable with the white, tiny font size. The calendar is a marked improvement and the delete ability for emails is awesome and quick. All in all, it's absolutely worth downloading on your phones, via the autoloader or Sachesi. I used the autoloader and restored from Link, but my previous 10.1.1375 was flawless and bug free so the restore was safe to do. If I would have had any bugs, I wouldn't have restored. Running great though the battery leaves a little bit to be desired but it still may be settling in as I just loaded it Sunday.
    09-10-14 05:22 PM
    That's really weird.

I have not once, in the hundreds of Android apps and games I've installed, ever had a problem removing the "back bar".

I'm always been able to remove it with no issue.

Back bar sucks only in Q10 Q5
    It dont give any problem in Z10 orz30

Posted via CB10

posted via Q10
    09-12-14 03:30 AM
    posted via Q10
    I see. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 03:47 AM
    Has anyone tried yahoo mail (Y Mail), Tumblr, kobo, or Flipboard on 10.3?

They all run really slowly on 10.2.1.

Flipboard has a lot of delay between when you click something and when something gets loaded up.

Yahoo mail takes forever to load an email. Tumblr has enormous trouble loading pages with lots of animated GIFs (especially the search page). Kobo takes a very long time to load your book library.

All of these apps run great on my Dad's 2011 Galaxy Nexus (which has worst specs than the Z10).

How do these apps run?

Please state

1. What phone model you tested on, and
    2. What version of 10.3 you tested on.

Thx. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 09-14-14 at 02:42 AM.
    09-14-14 02:22 AM
    Next question.

Do Amazon Android apps get realtime notifications on 10.3?

If the Amazon store is actually supposed to be the "new store" for non-enterprise BB10 apps, then BlackBerry better make sure that all these apps get notifications even if they are NOT in an active frame.

Please do not report on apps you got from Snap or any other non-Amazon store.

I'm interested ONLY in apps that you downloaded directly from the Amazon store.

Even if you downloaded the app from Snap and that same app is on the Amazon store -- it doesn't count. Again, only apps that you downloaded directly from the Amazon store.

Please state

Thx. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:38 AM
    Flipboard runs a little better. Tumble also does. Tested on a Z30 with OS 10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    09-14-14 04:30 AM
    Has anyone tried yahoo mail (Y Mail), Tumblr, kobo, or Flipboard on 10.3?

They all run really slowly on 10.2.1.

Flipboard has a lot of delay between when you click something and when something gets loaded up.

Yahoo mail takes forever to load an email. Tumblr has enormous trouble loading pages with lots of animated GIFs (especially the search page). Kobo takes a very long time to load your book library.

All of these apps run great on my Dad's 2011 Galaxy Nexus (which has worst specs than the Z10).

How do these apps run?

Please state

Thx. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I don't find it fair enough to compare Z10 to an android phone. Native apps are always native irrespective of the specs you are running on. Only two things can happen with android apps on z10, either they perform faster than the android phone or slow. They will never work the same as that on android phone untill they completly accepts android apps.

Posted Via : The Beast 'Blackberry Z10'
    09-14-14 06:57 AM
    I have a question regarding Viber. Does viber still rings in silent mode? As we have to turn down the media volume to turn off the viber ring in 10.2.

09-14-14 09:01 AM
    What is the deal with some android app not connecting via mobile network? For instance Spotify work fine with wifi. However when using Mobile it will not connect .

How is Android Runtime in 10.3?-img_20140914_183039.png

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:30 PM
    My experience is that apps are a bit quicker to load and definitely run a lot smoother. That said, it's not without its flaws as I've had some apps not improve performance at all and I've had the runtime crash on me on several occasions.

But hey, it's a leaked OS, glitches are inherently expected.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-15-14 07:23 AM
    I've noticed an improvement.

Bs player won't work at all with the 4.2.2 Andriod run time with current stock os in my z30.

I'm using the 1130 leak on my z10 and with 4.3 run time the same app works great.
    Last edited by Makaveli@Beta; 03-08-15 at 01:49 PM.
    09-15-14 07:52 AM
    I don't find it fair enough to compare Z10 to an android phone. Native apps are always native irrespective of the specs you are running on. Only two things can happen with android apps on z10, either they perform faster than the android phone or slow. They will never work the same as that on android phone untill they completly accepts android apps.

I disagree. Android apps are written in Java and are therefore not "native" even on Android phones. Android apps running on an Android phone still execute in an Android runtime (called the Dalvik Java virtual machine). Kit Kat and Android "Android L" use a runtime called ART that precompiles Android apps from Java -> Native code, so they run a little faster on ART than they do on Dalvik--but they are still not as fast as an app that is developed for a specific phone's hardware (like native BB10 and iOS apps are).

No Android apps are written in C/C++ etc... All Android apps require a special runtime to execute. A "true" Android phone is composed of Linux (the base OS) + an Android runtime (Dalvik or ART). Android on BB10 = QNX (the base OS) + an Android runtime (so far only Dalvik is supported on BB10). So technically, it is possible for BB10 to execute Android apps just as fast as a "true" Android phone, since a "true" Android phone is really nothing more than a Java virtual machine running on Linux.

There is nothing that technically prevents a Java virtual machine on QNX from executing Java apps (i.e..: Android apps) just as fast a Java virtual machine on Linux can execute Java apps.
    Last edited by mnc76; 09-15-14 at 08:17 AM.
    dergudesiggi likes this.
    09-15-14 07:57 AM
    I disagree. Android apps are written in Java and are therefore not "native" even on Android phones. Android apps running on an Android phone still execute in an Android runtime (called the Dalvik Java virtual machine). Kit Kat and Android L precompile Android apps from Java -> Native code so they run a little faster than they do on the Dalvik, but they are still not as fast as an app that is developed specifically for a specific phone's hardware (like native BB10 and iOS apps are).

But no Android apps are written in C/C++ etc... They all require a special runtime to execute.
    I am not known to that detailed part. Acc. to what all you've said, what I can see is that android apps even if not native are developed with keeping DVM in mind. So what it means is BlackBerry must develop a runtime better than DVM to optimize apps more efficiently cuz we require two runtimes on BlackBerry which will further require more ram and better processors. BlackBerry even can't adopt android runtime as the only one as this will mean that they have to bring their own apps to android platform which I guess is not a sign of intelligence. Isn't it possible to adopt dvm for BlackBerry?

09-15-14 08:12 AM
    My experience is that apps are a bit quicker to load and definitely run a lot smoother. That said, it's not without its flaws as I've had some apps not improve performance at all and I've had the runtime crash on me on several occasions.

But hey, it's a leaked OS, glitches are inherently expected.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Does uc now works on 10.3 or uc mini atleast?

09-15-14 08:15 AM
    I am not known to that detailed part. Acc. to what all you've said, what I can see is that android apps even if not native are developed with keeping DVM in mind. So what it means is BlackBerry must develop a runtime better than DVM to optimize apps more efficiently cuz we require two runtimes on BlackBerry which will further require more ram and better processors. BlackBerry even can't adopt android runtime as the only one as this will mean that they have to bring their own apps to android platform which I guess is not a sign of intelligence. Isn't it possible to adopt dvm for BlackBerry?

Supporting "two runtimes" does not need to slow down BB10. You can run Linux apps on Android (since Android's base OS is Linux) as well as Android Java apps. So technically Android ALSO has "two runtimes".
    09-15-14 08:25 AM
    Supporting "two runtimes" does not need to slow down BB10. You can run Linux apps on Android (since Android's base OS is Linux) as well as Android Java apps. So technically Android ALSO has "two runtimes".
    Sorry bro....but I dnt knw much abt these things.

09-15-14 08:59 AM
    Sorry bro....but I dnt knw much abt these things.

09-15-14 09:00 AM
    Always improving on an incremental basis. Nothing dramatic, but better. It now supports android 4.3.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    Is this official somewhere? I'm trying to find out what version of android we are running to troubleshoot an app with a developer
    09-15-14 09:19 AM
    Is this official somewhere? I'm trying to find out what version of android we are running to troubleshoot an app with a developer
    In 10.3 it is android 4.3
    09-21-14 10:36 PM
    Anyone figured a way out to play Modern Combat 5 on Z10??
    09-21-14 10:37 PM
    Better! "Facebook for androids'" video playback functions work now.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:35 AM
    I installed the 10.3.1.1016 leak and finally the Simpsons tapped out works perfectly and smooth with no problems what so ever

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 05:17 PM
    I want to know if U can update the android runtime without having to update the whole OS??? I'm happy with 10.3.0.1418. I just can't use snap v2.0.0.2 or v3. The apps say I need to update my device and this version of android is no longer supported.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:59 PM
    I think it's great some special apps from japan now working on my Passport. Whohoooo. Beside that the OS integration is much better.
    Native feel with sharing and useful as default apps.
    Only default map app and browser are not to change, but I think blackberry is blocking this ability.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:44 PM
    Next question.

Do Amazon Android apps get realtime notifications on 10.3?

If the Amazon store is actually supposed to be the "new store" for non-enterprise BB10 apps, then BlackBerry better make sure that all these apps get notifications even if they are NOT in an active frame.

Please do not report on apps you got from Snap or any other non-Amazon store.

I'm interested ONLY in apps that you downloaded directly from the Amazon store.

Even if you downloaded the app from Snap and that same app is on the Amazon store -- it doesn't count. Again, only apps that you downloaded directly from the Amazon store.

Please state

Thx. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Spotify from amazon does have headless. But any other app I have tried isn't which kind of ducks especially for the social and productivity apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:23 AM
211 ... 6789