04-27-14 04:28 AM
47 12
tools
    What do you think about word wrap in the Browser on our BlackBerry 10 handsets? I had it on an EVO3D and it worked very well...maybe we can get it implemented in the next update... Email ideamailbox@blackberry.com and let the Developers know directly!

Trusted Member Genius
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-11-14 02:46 AM
    Do you mean the browser should fix the width of a site/text? I agree, sometimes it's a pain to browse a desktop site on my Q10 altough obviously not the phones fault

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    04-11-14 02:58 AM
    They need to implement that in the email first and foremost. I get tired of shrinking the font and then straining to be able to read it all on one screen verses having to keep sliding it back and forth which is even more annoying.
    BigBadWulf and Gearheadaddy like this.
    04-11-14 05:16 AM
    They need to implement that in the email first and foremost. I get tired of shrinking the font and then straining to be able to read it all on one screen verses having to keep sliding it back and forth which is even more annoying.
    I don't know which OS version you have, but they implemented better wrapping in emails starting with 10.2, I believe.

Text wrapping in the browser is still needed though. Something the old BBOS 6/7 browser actually did well with the double-tap zoom. Probably the only thing it did well.

Posted via CB10
    masque2 likes this.
    04-11-14 11:59 AM
    Press the 'R' key for Reader mode. It's amazing.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-11-14 10:12 PM
    I've been viewing everything possible in desktop since my 8900. This Z10 in landscape is the best by far wrapping text, and reader mode works splendidly for most applications.

I'm totally down with the email movement! I'll send one off ASAP.
    04-11-14 11:18 PM
    Reader mode is good...word wrap on the Evo3d was even better...it let you stay on a page with html and didn't have to scroll around back and forth. Just down or back up (in desktop mode).

Trusted Member Genius
    southlander likes this.
    04-12-14 04:34 AM
    Reader mode is good...word wrap on the Evo3d was even better...it let you stay on a page with html and didn't have to scroll around back and forth. Just down or back up (in desktop mode).

Trusted Member Genius
    That sounds more like column view.
    04-12-14 06:07 AM

Trusted Member Genius
    I agree. Both are needed.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    04-12-14 06:10 AM
    Text wrap for emails is needed - such a pain

Also freaking always end up at a desktop verison for most sites. (desktop mode is off). Is this a blackberry end problem or website?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 02:07 AM
    Text wrapping in the browser is still needed though. Something the old BBOS 6/7 browser actually did well with the double-tap zoom. Probably the only thing it did well.
    I agree.

And Reader Mode is not amazing. On many blog sites, it will display only the lead article, but not the comments. On some forums, it displays only the first post in a thread. The lack of text reflow in the browser was one of my main reasons for leaving BB10 last summer. The BBOS7 browser allowed me to choose a default text size in the browser, and then double tap would zoom the text to that size and reflow/wrap it. Every Android browser I've tried does this as well (some better than others).

Now that I'm back with BB10, I'm experiencing this again. My solution is to use the Read It Now! Pocket client pretty extensively, so I do less reading in the browser. This is an acceptable workaround, but it really shouldn't be needed.
    Gearheadaddy and DocDRM like this.
    04-22-14 08:38 AM
    That sounds more like column view.
    Word wrap in the Evo's browser worked automatically as you pinched in or out...we need this in the Z10's browser...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-22-14 02:06 PM
    Press the 'R' key for Reader mode. It's amazing.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    Plenty of pages can't be read in Reader Mode...still say we need wrap

Trusted Member Genius
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-22-14 02:12 PM
    Word wrap in the Evo's browser worked automatically as you pinched in or out...we need this in the Z10's browser...

Trusted Member Genius
    O, IC. That would be nice. What happened to it in newer HTC browsers?
    04-23-14 05:30 PM
    Wulf, Did it disappear in the new HTC Browsers???

Trusted Member Genius
    04-23-14 05:33 PM
    The heck if I know, LoL.

You're talking about a 4 y/o phone. I made an assumption, there was a reason you reached back that far.
    04-23-14 05:46 PM
    Just saying if a 4 year old Android can wrap, why can't we??

Trusted Member Genius
    go1ndr likes this.
    04-23-14 06:45 PM
    Just saying if a 4 year old Android can wrap, why can't we??

Trusted Member Genius
    Old white Jews like me can't rap. No explanation necessary.

ubizmo likes this.
    04-23-14 07:00 PM
    04-23-14 07:13 PM

Old white Jews like ME can't rap, no tol-ja so aBOUT that (c)rap.
    () to avoid CrackBerry censor of CcRap.

****Sometimes I'm the only one who gets my humor

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-23-14 07:15 PM
    I was really hoping the developer of Alpha Browser would implement this. I even mentioned it as the reason I was taking off points in my review of it on blackberry world. Sadly he still hasn't implemented it.
    04-23-14 08:11 PM

Maybe a "Shema Yisroel" would help? (Jewish joke)...

Trusted Member Genius
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-24-14 01:39 AM
    I agree.

And Reader Mode is not amazing. On many blog sites, it will display only the lead article, but not the comments. On some forums, it displays only the first post in a thread. The lack of text reflow in the browser was one of my main reasons for leaving BB10 last summer. The BBOS7 browser allowed me to choose a default text size in the browser, and then double tap would zoom the text to that size and reflow/wrap it. Every Android browser I've tried does this as well (some better than others).

Now that I'm back with BB10, I'm experiencing this again. My solution is to use the Read It Now! Pocket client pretty extensively, so I do less reading in the browser. This is an acceptable workaround, but it really shouldn't be needed.
    You can double tap on the screen for the article to populate properly.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:30 AM
    You can double tap on the screen for the article to populate properly.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. Double tap zooms to fill the screen but it doesn't reflow the text. So if that zoomed text is still too small, further zooming means you must scroll horizontally to read it.

In BB7, you could set a default text size in the browser; say, 10 pts. Double tap would zoom and reflow the text as needed to get to that size, so it could be read without scrolling. This is how it works in most Android browsers as well.

If BB7 and Android can do it I don't think it's too much to hope for it in BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    04-24-14 05:08 AM
    Not really. Double tap zooms to fill the screen but it doesn't reflow the text. So if that zoomed text is still too small, further zooming means you must scroll horizontally to read it.

In BB7, you could set a default text size in the browser; say, 10 pts. Double tap would zoom and reflow the text as needed to get to that size, so it could be read without scrolling. This is how it works in most Android browsers as well.

If BB7 and Android can do it I don't think it's too much to hope for it in BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    To a certain degree I agree a bit with you. Here is what I did... opened the page...

How about word wrap in the Browser?-img_20140424_160036.png

And then double tapped and this is the result...

How about word wrap in the Browser?-img_20140424_160054.png

Is this what you meant? I know it's not flowing right but I think it's close. I set the default font to 6.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:34 AM
47 12