Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, but I've been following you for a long time. Well, just let me introduce myself: I'm 17 and I'm an Italian IT Student and Developer; my name's Samuele. Of course, I've got a BlackBerry Z10!!!

But let's go right to the "problem".
    I read the new BlackBerry 10.2.1 Android Runtime will be UNBLOCKED and everyone is enthusiastic about this, but I don't. I've chosen BlackBerry for its security (actually, I'm a BlackBerry user since 2007 with my historically Curve 8310 and I love BlackBerrys) but now, with the unlocked runtime and Alec Saunders's declarations (QA in the home), it seems Android Runtime won't be "protected" any more.
    My question is: will we be still able to run Android applications in "secure-mode" or they'll be executed with full access and permissions? If so, I think I won't install Android apps any more...

Can you give me good news?
    I hope!

I apologise if my English isn't good and if I mistook the thread, please just let me know where it'll be moved

Samuele

Posted via CB10
    niceup likes this.
    11-15-13 12:00 PM
    Ahh... you see, while the latest 10.2.1 grants Android apps ability to run almost fully. They are never given critical access to System components. E.g. they cannot shut down phone or disable radio. They are put into a container in which their data is isolated from the BB10 side. So even if an intrusion happens onto the Android player... it cannot take down the entire OS . It will stay inside the Android side of the phone.

For added bonus, if you're using Blackberry Balance, you cannot install APK while on the Work perimeter of the phone.
    m1kr0 and kyle636 like this.
    11-15-13 12:04 PM