Hey folks,
    Just installed 10.2.0.1725 on my SQN-5 and since I am using it with Straight Talk AT&T SIM first thing I needed to do was to change the APN vie escreens:// as the default one isn't working properly.

When I type escreens:// in the browser the diagnostic menus pops up and then when I try to enter the key generated by this site nothing happens. Tried 10 times, reboot, tried different period of time the key will be valid for - nothing.

One thing I realized is when u press the ALT key on the keyboard that no longer works unless there is a text field on the screen. So I am not sure when I press ALT+Z that it is actually typing 7.

Please advise, I came from 1047 and it was working fine.
    09-14-13 12:02 PM
    have you tried to reload the os......something mightve went funky during the install
    09-14-13 12:09 PM
    Ok, I will try now. In mean time, can you guys activate the ALT function from the home screen? I can't. Before I could press ALT at any screen and ALT icon will pop up on top right corner. Now it only works when there is a text field on the screen.
    09-14-13 12:13 PM
    OS reloaded:
    Same problem - ALT only works when there is text field on the current screen.
    Can not access escreens:// and I assume it it because of the ALT problem.
    Guys, please try it for me.
    09-14-13 12:27 PM
    I just tried on my sqn-3 10.2.0.1725 and it worked ;-) !
    HELP! Unable to access escreens;// settings menu OS 10.2.0.1725-img_00000070.png

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:27 PM
    I just tried on my sqn-3 10.2.0.1725 and it worked ;-) !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000070.png 
Views:	778 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	201618

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply.
    Does your ALT key activates from any screen? E.g. when you are on the home screen and pres ALT on the keyboard, do you see the ALT icon in the top right corner?
    09-14-13 12:31 PM
    OK, I got into it.
    But there is a bug with the OS - when you boot the phone, the ALT works from any screen. However, as soon as you start typing something in the ALT will only works when there is a text field on the screen.
    So what I did - reboot the phone, open the escreens:// in the browser without typing (save a bookmark or from the Setting chose to open your last tab).

I am still curious if this ALT bug is present anybody else?
    09-14-13 12:44 PM
    OK, I got into it.
    But there is a bug with the OS - when you boot the phone, the ALT works from any screen. However, as soon as you start typing something in the ALT will only works when there is a text field on the screen.
    So what I did - reboot the phone, open the escreens:// in the browser without typing (save a bookmark or from the Setting chose to open your last tab).

I am still curious if this ALT bug is present anybody else?
    I have the same problem with entering the engineering screen. But I don't understand what you did. Can you explain more?
    09-15-13 08:52 PM
    Go to your browser, save escreens:// as a bookmark or go to settings, and set it to re-load last used tabs - open escreens:// and close the browser. Restart the phone.
    The idea is that you open the escreens diagnostics menu without touching the keyboard when you reboot.

Start typing your code and if the ALT indicator is showing up on the upper right corner that means you are good.
    The probeblem with my Q10 is that the ALT key does not activate unless there is a text field on the screen. And since the diagnostics menu has no text field I couldn't properly type the code (numbers). Somehow I can activate the ALT right after reboot before I type anywhere else.

If you have the Z, then probably it's a different issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:41 PM
    thanks for this tip works!
    01-16-14 03:45 PM