I am new to ever installing a leak, but with an official OS and a few software bugs I upgraded to 1418. In my post about the problems I was having with my Passport I posted about the process and concerns I have with using Sachesi and figured I would get a better idea and responses here. Here goes:

UPDATE and HELP: I used Sachesi to download 1418 without backing up as an update, the @123 key is perfect now, but under About it lists as - Software Release 10.3.0.908, but under OS in settings the same software is listed with OS Version 10.3.0.1418 and Radio Version as 10.3.0.1419. When connected to link it showed Software Release as 10.3.0.908 as well. Is this normal? I did a restart after doing the install as well.

It was extremely easy with no backup just connect, search, and it showed there was a software update from Rogers Canada. I did have to attempt twice as the connection cutoff. Everything seems fine although after downloading 203 files then installing, I did get an error stating connection failed... then installing 10.3.0.1418 & 10.3.0.1419 & 203 bar files. Received another connection failed, but the device then restarted and stated a software update is in progress.

The only difference noticed as of now is the fact that the @123 key is working perfect and am hoping I will no longer have any of the prior issues I posted about. Sachesi did load 2 additional apps (maybe from Rogers?)... one was "manage my account" which I deleted. For the hell of it I reloaded Sachesi and the Rogers Canada 1418 update came up again saying my device is available for an update. Thought that was odd.

So far so good, but for those that have downloaded leaked updates, is there anything I should be deleting. Not sure if any of the 203 files are taking up storage or using RAM. This is my main concern if this is taking up any storage space or additional RAM. Anybody on the official version that can share storage/RAM. I know the numbers will vary, but first time using anything like that to install a software update. There was no way I could wait for AT&T, just hoping this will fix the other one time issues I have had over the past week.

I checked the file manager and didn't see anything extra, just those 2 Rogers apps which I deleted. It is nice that the @123 is perfect now as I type this out. Also, if the connection error blocked any files would it still show as the new OS and Radio? There doesn't seem to be any issues, but when reconnecting to Sachesi it does still show I need to update. Clearly the update or at least part went through as there is a noticeable difference in the number key. Not sure why the prior is showing as the Software Release.

Thanks in advance, been up all night and have work in a few hours... will definitely be checking in. Any info would be great!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:57 AM
    The version number and OS number are always different. So that part is fine
    10-15-14 08:59 AM
    No, your absolutely fine. You did good.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    10-15-14 09:00 AM
    If you click 'Version Lookup' in the main screen of Sachesi and then click 'Lookup', you will see that OS 10.3.0.1418 is part of Software Release 10.3.0.908.

Also, when you did the original search in Sachesi, it would have told you it is "Update 10.3.0.908".
    I hope that eases your mind

There doesn't seem to be any issues, but when reconnecting to Sachesi it does still show I need to update.
    It's not saying you need to update. It just always shows the latest available update for the selected settings.
    10-15-14 09:04 AM
    Thank you so you much! So there is nothing extra on my device taking up RAM or storage. As I said, I only saw 2 new apps; assuming they are for Rogers network customers and deleted both. This was my first time installing a leak and was comfortable because it was official and I was having bugs every other day causing a restart and hard restart. Everything seems to be running smoothly. Just seemed rather easy and the connection errors scared me a little lol, but right after it showed installing OS 10.3.0.1418, Radio 10.3.1419, & 203 bar files. Guess they all installed. Just want to make sure there is nothing to do on the device end as far as all of these files taking up storage or RAM. Thanks again!!!

Edit: Sorry, did not realize that was the Software Release #. Now I am curious as to the original # I had prior on the stock Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:23 AM
    Sorry, did not realize that was the Software Release #. Now I am curious as to the original # I had prior on the stock Passport.
    It may be printed on the box of your BlackBerry Passport.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=25955

Attachment 306193
    10-15-14 09:36 AM
    Yes, there is 2 Rogers apps as far as I know. Everything else should be fine.

You should have plenty of RAM! With a Passport you are given 3GB of RAM. On my Q10 I run the exact same software and am only using 1GB (out of 2GB) :P

Apps do not use RAM unless they are running. Those Rogers apps would only use up some disk space.
    10-15-14 09:40 AM
    It may be printed on the box of your BlackBerry Passport.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complet...?modelid=25955

Attachment 306193
    Most shipped with .1052
    10-15-14 09:43 AM
    Thanks again, 1st time not going through carrier and no problems now. Guess the error messages didn't mean much as the OS, Radio, and files seem like they all went through. Was concerned about a leak requiring extra RAM/storage (didn't check before hand and wasn't sure if all of the files downloaded, or even if I had to do anything on the device. Seems like I did OK. Surprisingly easy!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:07 PM
    Yes, it is surprisingly easily. That's why don't understand why some insist on making it more difficult on themselves. You'll be a pro in no time. Enjoy.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    10-15-14 12:17 PM
    Thanks, so everyone believes that all the files went through? I received a connection error right before installing...it was connected... then connection error... then installing OS, then Radio, then bars...so I guess I should stop worrying?

Also, on the Passport I have no social media and just a few apps and 2 email accounts and Memory shows as 1.44 GB used, does that seem normal? Know it will vary, but have very little on this device.

Also, I guess I should stop worrying whether or not the 203 bar files all installed as the OS and Radio did?

Lots of questions, sorry, first-timer. Thrilled my @123 key is working perfectly now though! I agree it seemed way too easy. One more thing... this should not have any effect on my LTE coverage, not sure what bands Rogers uses or if that even matters.

Thanks again, hopefully a few can chime in and answer some of my concerns/reassurance lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:26 PM
    Yeah if your OS changed, everything installed perfectly. Otherwise it would have cancelled the update.

1.44GB is fine. That's less than half the RAM being used. The major reason why you have so much RAM is so you can run heaps of Android apps. They are the real RAM gobblers.

Every carrier uses identical firmware. Rogers may have added two apps, but everything else is identical for all carriers. That's how it is able to work.
    10-15-14 01:46 PM
    Thank you so much! Since the update I have not had 1 issue with the swipe up having to use the power button (even in standby), no freeze as it has before causing a restart, and the @123 key is perfect from double tapping almost 99% of the time before.

Since this is an official release, I now have no idea why anybody would not update. It was so simple and no backup. Since the update at around 3am... it is now after midnight the next day (about 21 hours) and my battery is at 69%.

Loving it and thanks again for the reassurance. Will likely be using this more often!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:11 PM