So I Installed 4285 on my Q10 last nite but battery is draining fast as hell, like 1% per minute. I dunno what this could be due to.

I made a backup before installing the OS and then just loaded the backup. Since I'm getting this battery issues, I've just manually deleted almost all the apps on my device but I'm still having this crazy battery drain.

I think I should get back to the previous OS (1720). Is there any way to do a contacts backup?

Cant deal with this battery drain at all. Thanks for helping,
    06-06-13 05:35 AM
    This may not be actual cause but...

I have come to my own conclusion that if the radio file does not match your carrier and device, this type of battery drain is possible. The radio files may be tuned to the carrier network. and yes will work on other devices/carriers just not as effectively.

Case in point Verizon 100-4 runs best on 1917 radio. 1917 was extracted from 2009 a known Verizon OS.

Just my thoughts..

Z10 The start of Blackberry perfection.
    06-06-13 05:48 AM
    Thanks for the info...

You got any fixes to this?
    06-06-13 06:11 AM
    Thanks for the info...

You got any fixes to this?
    I have a z10. So I use the Verizon radio file. Seems to do the trick. Maybe Kris can tell you what the radio file might be for your q10. Then you can sach it and create an auto loader.

Not sure if anyone has started capturing radio files yet for the z10 or not.

Q10 The start of Blackberry perfection.
    06-06-13 06:16 AM
    So I Installed 4285 on my Q10 last nite but battery is draining fast as hell, like 1% per minute. I dunno what this could be due to.

I made a backup before installing the OS and then just loaded the backup. Since I'm getting this battery issues, I've just manually deleted almost all the apps on my device but I'm still having this crazy battery drain.

I think I should get back to the previous OS (1720). Is there any way to do a contacts backup?

Cant deal with this battery drain at all. Thanks for helping,
    Try to open all your apps at least once. It could be that an Android port is trying to do something in the background, but hasn't been properly initialised.
    Also, Skype is a battery drainer. You may have similar apps loaded.

And keep in mind that you'll get less battery life the first day, but it usually gets better.

Having said that, we're all different. I may be getting 24h out of my device, but you may get half that because of your carriers, your locations, etc.
    06-06-13 08:04 AM
    Kris has put together a collection of Q10 radio files:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-files-810418/
    06-06-13 08:34 AM
    He doesn't need another radio. He's got the latest one.

Sent from a Q10 with a crappy OLED screen
    06-06-13 09:07 AM
    Give it a few days. I had lousy battery life with 2354 at first, but after 36-48 hours it was outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:40 AM
    This is normal after blank setup as the device profiles your usage and indexes your messages and contacts. It will settle down after a day or two max.
    Remember, installing a leak isn't the same as doing an upgrade, as it clears your device back to factory defaults.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:53 AM
    Hey guys, I fixed the problem with a radical solution.

I saved all of my contacts thru Contact X, backed up the vcf file on my email and then reloaded the OS again. I havent loaded the original backup (apps, data and so on) but just the contacts. Luckily I had no important files on my device. Now I'm loading some apps and setting some stuff while I'm on the go. A bit of a bummer but at least I'm preventing the battery from draining as hell.

I thought I had f**cked my battery some way.

BY THE WAY, voice is the new BB Link version can transfer contacts from the device to Outlook. Is this right?

EDIT: I guess a 1% per hour battery discharge is a tad too much, even if the device is settling down and stuff. Aint it?
    06-06-13 11:12 AM
    EDIT: I guess a 1% per hour battery discharge is a tad too much, even if the device is settling down and stuff. Aint it?
    The latest OS - on my DAC device - use 2.5% pr hour

But I believe the OS is a Z10 OS packed for Q10 - and not meant for Q10 ...

On .4285 the color theme has been changed to White - the calendar is a good example of that... (Unless BB has changed something)
    06-06-13 01:57 PM
    Voice is the calendar was turned into white after some requests by BB users. There was also a tweet about it from a guy in the know.
    06-06-13 05:25 PM