04-22-15 12:54 PM
33 12
tools
    Help. Cannot restore data. ID conflict with restore-user-id-conflict.png

*** THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED. BBID DID NOT MATCH. VERIFIED IN MANIFEST THAT BACKUP EMAIL ADDRESS DID NOT MATCH TO EMAIL BBID ON DEVICE. THANKS FOR THE HELP***

I am that guy that screwed up when I installed a leak.

I have installed leaked OS 10.3.1.821 and cannot restore my data. BlackBerry link says there is a Blackberry ID error (see picture attached ? User ID conflict). Nothing has changed with my password or ID. I did update some info but did not change my email, username or password.

I have uninstalled, wiped, reinstalled, restarted my device and computer multiple times. I have downgrade my OS to the current approved OS build and restarted blackberry link and my user name will not associate with BB Link and the Z30.

How can I restore my data? I want to have my user name on my device and BlackBerry Link associate to complete data restore.

Any suggestions out there?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bjohnston7; 10-30-14 at 11:21 PM.
    10-26-14 09:17 PM
    Did you upgrade to the latest link it has drivers you need.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	User ID conflict.png 
Views:	846 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	309665

How can I restore my data? I want to have my user name on my device and BlackBerry Link associate to complete data restore.

Any suggestions out there?

Posted via CB10
    What exactly did you change? Looks to me like you've changed your BBID login but didn't update/input the new info in BlackBerry Link. If Link doesn't match BBID you can't restore.

Posted via CB10
    techtechnique likes this.
    10-26-14 10:08 PM
    What exactly did you change? Looks to me like you've changed your BBID login but didn't update/input the new info in BlackBerry Link. If Link doesn't match BBID you can't restore.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you actually logged in with the correct BBID that the backup was made under
    There are ways to bypass this error, such as editing the manifest file.
    If need be, I suggest using Darcy's tools. Editing by hand without experience could mess up the whole backup!
    10-26-14 10:13 PM
    Make sure you actually logged in with the correct BBID that the backup was made under
    There are ways to bypass this error, such as editing the manifest file.
    If need be, I suggest using Darcy's tools. Editing by hand without experience could mess up the whole backup!
    That too.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:43 PM
    I didn't change the username or password at first of BBID. Since I posted this I have reset the blackberry password from the blackberry website. Then I have uninstalled and re installed BB Link and completed a security wipe of BB. This has not resolved the problem. It still says that the BBID does not match.
    10-27-14 01:33 AM
    Sounds advance. where would you get the Darcy tool. Do you know where to get remote assistance for something like this?

That too.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:06 AM
    where are the drivers? I thought it was all included in the autoloaders.
    10-27-14 02:07 AM
    Try resetting password BACK to original password.

By the way, what os were you on when you did the backup?...DO NOT mix versions of backup/os. In other words, do not use a 10.3.1.821 backup on a 10.2.1 os. You would be better off just starting fresh with whatever os you choose to run. I have done it both ways, restore and no-restore. No Restore Usually Works Out Better. That way you don't mix old code with newer code. Less problems. Still need help you may PM me anytime.
    Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    techtechnique likes this.
    10-27-14 02:52 AM
    I had this exact issue a few days ago. Just restart your phone and bblink/pc and try again. It should resolve it.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:35 AM
    You may need to log out of your account on blackberry link, and then relog into the account to let it detect your phone (also login to same account on the phone before initiating this step). It works for me everytime... (I'm using a z30 as well). Also make sure the credentials used on link and the phone are the same

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:58 AM
    Your device must be connected to WiFi, logged in with your BlackBerry ID and completed setup.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:16 AM
    Your device must be connected to WiFi, logged in with your BlackBerry ID and completed setup.

Posted via CB10
    I have done this every time. Still says there is BBID conflict.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:03 PM
    You may need to log out of your account on blackberry link, and then relog into the account to let it detect your phone (also login to same account on the phone before initiating this step). It works for me everytime... (I'm using a z30 as well). Also make sure the credentials used on link and the phone are the same

Posted via CB10
    I have tried that and I will try it again. But how do you log out and login on your phone? Full Wipe?

Should I wipe and uninstall and reinstall BB Link? I haven't completed both at the same time... I think.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:08 PM
    I have tried that and I will try it again. But how do you log out and login on your phone? Full Wipe?

Should I wipe and uninstall and reinstall BB Link? I haven't completed both at the same time... I think.

Posted via CB10
    If I followed correctly you changed your BBID info after making this backup - if this is the case, nothing you do short of getting DBBT and/or Sachesi and changing the manifest file for your backup will get you up and running. Your BBID must match the one used when the backup was made - username, password, etc.

Edit: here's a DBBT link.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iBuilder; 10-27-14 at 06:54 PM.
    10-27-14 06:41 PM
    I had a similar issue when I was trying to restore the Passport from a backup.
    Here's what I did, Wipe the device(it will still have the OS leak installed) , complete setup including signing into your BlackBerry ID, now only restore System settings and media.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:48 PM
    Download blend, but only download the driver option. Should fix your prob.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:03 PM
    Download blend, but only download the driver option. Should fix your prob.

Posted via CB10
    That didn't work. There is no option that I see to just install driver? I am going to search forums for driver link?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:58 AM
    This error can only be because the BBID of the backup doesn't match the BBID of the device. It only checks the email name.
    If you think this is in error, you can restore using Sachesi. Sachesi will not verify the BBID and allow you to proceed. Sachesi is the only way other than Link to restore a backup and is able to ignore any checks Link usually does (often in error or restriction).

If the device then complains and refuses to accept the backup, you know that the error is not wrong.
    10-28-14 03:04 AM
    This error can only be because the BBID of the backup doesn't match the BBID of the device. It only checks the email name.
    If you think this is in error, you can restore using Sachesi. Sachesi will not verify the BBID and allow you to proceed. Sachesi is the only way other than Link to restore a backup and is able to ignore any checks Link usually does (often in error or restriction).

If the device then complains and refuses to accept the backup, you know that the error is not wrong.
    Ok
    Thank you for the explanation. The new OS has email confirmation which I did do and cannot undo. I have changed everything else back to the original. After three days I am pretty sure this is where I went wrong. I am working on Sachesi to restore my data.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:02 AM
    Ok
    Thank you for the explanation. The new OS has email confirmation which I did do and cannot undo. I have changed everything else back to the original. After three days I am pretty sure this is where I went wrong. I am working on Sachesi to restore my data.

Posted via CB10
    That did not work either. I think it might be a conflict with the drivers for 10.3.1.821? Says backup file cannot be loaded.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:42 PM
    That did not work either. I think it might be a conflict with the drivers for 10.3.1.821? Says backup file cannot be loaded.
    Sachesi said that? Can you open the .bbb file as a .zip file (eg. in winzip/7zip)?
    Should only get that error if it's not a zip
    10-28-14 01:56 PM
    Sachesi said that? Can you open the .bbb file as a .zip file (eg. in winzip/7zip)?
    Should only get that error if it's not a zip
    So I package BBB as zip? I tried to open as original back up file.

Also I am using an older version of Sachesi. Because of the explanation of windows conflict with newest version of Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:59 PM
    So I package BBB as zip? I tried to open as original back up file.
    No, a .bbb is just a .zip file. It's already a .zip.
    10-28-14 04:00 PM
    No, a .bbb is just a .zip file. It's already a .zip.
    Well that didn't work. Sachesi said that it cannot open the file. I am running out of ideas here and think I may need to start from scratch. What a bummer.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 04:21 PM
33 12