04-12-14 06:41 AM
286 ... 101112
tools
    For John Chen to make a personal statement regarding the absolute death of the PlayBook, he first has to care about customer feedback and customer loyalty. You'd be more likely to get BlackBerry 10 on the PlayBook.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    What did John Chen ever do to you?

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-04-14 04:50 PM
    Okay I believe some Dev alpha like IS existed for the playbook. I do not believe they ever made a serious attempt at making it work. I think even the Z30 with that build would be an unacceptable experience. Basically he half told the truth. Just my theory but I have no reason to believe what was said. Those OS browser results can be faked btw.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 01:26 AM
    Well, they could be faked, but it's not so easy: browser, if they do support identity change, generally allow you to change browser's identity, not OS's one. Someone should be cheating us... for what? Look at that, instead: HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    That means something: OS 10.1. I don't think that someone is lying to html5test.com writing false informations when it asks you about the correctness of the result: could a couple of wrong informations replace what it thinks it's (and it would in that case be) correct? It's improbable.
    dilijasi likes this.
    04-10-14 11:41 AM
    Just basing it off the fact that there are a lot of BB10 devices showing up in logs running os 127.0.0.1 or absurd things like that that are probably ips or something. I could be wrong, just as likely as I am to be right.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:25 PM
    Just basing it off the fact that there are a lot of BB10 devices showing up in logs running os 127.0.0.1 or absurd things like that that are probably ips or something. I could be wrong, just as likely as I am to be right.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure I remember 127.x being valid internal builds.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:39 AM
    That would be odd as 127.0.0.1 is local host. It would just be odd for them to have internal builds like that. I'm just not buying that builds existed and didn't leak. Especially something as sought after as PlayBook updates or alternate builds.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:45 AM
    Well, they could be faked, but it's not so easy: browser, if they do support identity change, generally allow you to change browser's identity, not OS's one. Someone should be cheating us... for what? Look at that, instead: HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    That means something: OS 10.1. I don't think that someone is lying to html5test.com writing false informations when it asks you about the correctness of the result: could a couple of wrong informations replace what it thinks it's (and it would in that case be) correct? It's improbable.
    As a side note isn't the OS determined based off of the browsers identity? I thought the OS was part of the browser string. Hmmm need to check this.

Edit: It appears the OS is part of the user agent which is changeable. The stock browser on BB10 will query the OS for the version and include it into the user agent string. Verified by using 10.3 browser and it still reports the correct OS version in the user agent string.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:47 AM
    That would be odd as 127.0.0.1 is local host. It would just be odd for them to have internal builds like that. I'm just not buying that builds existed and didn't leak. Especially something as sought after as PlayBook updates or alternate builds.

Posted via CB10
    Localhost resolves to 127.0.0.1 in a typical IPV4 implementation. But this is not equal to "127.0.0.1 is local host."

Is it strange that some builds started with 127? Yes. Does it have anything to do with this thread? No.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:48 AM
    Hej all

It was Blackberry's intention to release BlackBerry OS 10 for PlayBook.

When 10.0 was out it was not optimized. Ad you all remember BlackBerry 10 was delayed some month simply because "the Integration of all the individual components are taking a bit longer" (=we are not on track).

Next planned release was 10.1 which was bugfixes, minor feature enhanchments and optimizations.

The optimization part was critical just to hav BlackBerry 10 booting on the PlayBook. Furthermore some extra drivers for etc camera had to be added.

BlackBerry 10 was indeed running internally but for various reasons the release was pulled. The official statement was that it wouldn't provide a good enough user experience. The rest is history.

Forget about BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook. It a dream and it is not funded either financial or ressource wish by BlackBerry.

Let us put this thread to rest.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-12-14 01:11 AM
    BlackBerry now are optimising the BlackBerry 10 OS to put it on th Z3 (with less power), by the way, BlackBerry could take the advantages of it and optimise to get a BlackBerry 10 running on the PlayBook.

Or at least, get a lite version of the BlackBerry 10 to put on playbook and enjoy it (I will accept any version, without changes in the UI, without cascades, but something... like the a new unlocked android runtime)

Dream is free...
    And see the PlayBook words on files of the BlackBerry 10.3 it's a good reason to dream...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 05:57 AM
    BlackBerry now are optimising the BlackBerry 10 OS to put it on th Z3 (with less power), by the way, BlackBerry could take the advantages of it and optimise to get a BlackBerry 10 running on the PlayBook.

Or at least, get a lite version of the BlackBerry 10 to put on playbook and enjoy it (I will accept any version, without changes in the UI, without cascades, but something... like the a new unlocked android runtime)

Dream is free...
    And see the PlayBook words on files of the BlackBerry 10.3 it's a good reason to dream...

Posted via CB10
    Dream all you want but don't come complaining when it doesn't happen because it's not.
    04-12-14 06:41 AM
286 ... 101112