04-12-14 06:41 AM
286 ... 89101112
tools
    Waiting eagerly for an update on the PB. Time to hit the stores and hunt for a playbook!

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with that. eBay wants prices that I think are a little on the high side.

Let me know if you find some.

For the person on the move - BB10-10.2.1.2947 + Pebble
    03-29-14 12:05 PM
    Amazon.com has them priced pretty cheaply. ~ $115 for 16g, $150 for 32g and $170 64g

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:09 PM
    I picked up a 32g 4G LTE version on amazon for $250 last week

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-29-14 01:10 PM
    I picked up a refurbished 64gb PlayBook on Amazon UK including rapid charge docking station and 6 month warranty for 68 a few days ago.

Good buy I think for anyone in Europe looking at purchasing a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why would you buy a playbook for that much money? You could have bought a nexus 7 with that much. Just trying to be realistic here. I barely use my playbook. It's a laggy mess to be honest.

Posted via my Z30
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:04 PM
    Why would you buy a playbook for that much money? You could have bought a nexus 7 with that much. Just trying to be realistic here. I barely use my playbook. It's a laggy mess to be honest.

Posted via my Z30
    seriously. i only took advantage of a business discount and got the 64GB Wifi PB for $300 when it was only months old. I didn't like the lag, but that last update helped a bit, especially with the keyboard lag. I wonder what this new update will bring... brownies?
    03-30-14 12:08 AM
    Am I the only one who honestly believes the playbook can run BB10? And if it can't then something in the OS is a mess. If android ran well enough on specs half that then I don't see how any other OS couldn't do the same. Of course certain parts may have to be slower or left out due to the ram limitations but it should be entirely possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:16 AM
    Am I the only one who honestly believes the playbook can run BB10? And if it can't then something in the OS is a mess. If android ran well enough on specs half that then I don't see how any other OS couldn't do the same. Of course certain parts may have to be slower or left out due to the ram limitations but it should be entirely possible.

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah BB10 was optimized for Z3 right so it might be possible? But I'm not sure if it's still worth it since the company has other priorities.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook *CAN* run BB10.....it ran 10.0.9 or something like that....its just that it didn't live up to Blackberry's standards....doesn't mean it CAN'T do it....its no different than Android tablets not getting OFFICIAL updates but when rooted with custom ROMs it can run higher versions of the OS.....In reality, Blackberry screwed their customer base over with the no BB10 on PlayBook....they know it can run BB10 and so do others...so there is no reason why they shouldn't just give us BB10 on the PlayBook
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    03-30-14 02:10 AM
    Irrespective if whether the PlayBook can or cannot run BB10, BB10 is not coming to PlayBook.

There is a maintenance update that may or may not hit soon.

Please people, stop getting your hopes up over this.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 and extisis like this.
    03-30-14 02:26 AM

Posted via my Z30

Heh.. PlayBook 10.3
    Reply to Thread

Subscribe
    First

Last

gregorylkelly said:
    Yesterday07:40 AM
    Originally Posted by Jerale
    Wait. What? But BlackBerry said BB10 won't hit the PlayBook. I am truly dumbfounded.

Powered by my BlackBerry (Z10). Join my #BBM Channels C001227CF, C00476C37, C003829C9, C002454C9,C002190AC, C00120CE3
    BlackBerry said that under Thorsten's reign. Chen may have opened that door back up as a nod to all the loyal BlackBerry users that he is always talking about.

If it is improbable to work, then they should scrap it and focus their resources. However, if they think they can at least bring some elements of BB10 to the PlayBook, then I am all for it as it will completely revitalize that awesome little tablet that has no apps at all (and bring all those great BB10 and Android apps along!

Posted via my Z10
    www.gbv.asia

"Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
    -Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry

PowderJockey said:
    Yesterday11:05 AM
    Originally Posted by Solar 77
    Waiting eagerly for an update on the PB. Time to hit the stores and hunt for a playbook!

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with that. eBay wants prices that I think are a little on the high side.

Let me know if you find some.

For the person on the move - BB10-10.2.1.2947 + Pebble
    Sent from my Slate and Chisel
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10

ZayDub said:
    Yesterday12:09 PM
    Amazon.com has them priced pretty cheaply. ~ $115 for 16g, $150 for 32g and $170 64g

Posted via CB10

ZayDub said:
    Yesterday12:10 PM

Posted via CB10

gunnerfitzy said:
    Yesterday02:53 PM
    I picked up a refurbished 64gb PlayBook on Amazon UK including rapid charge docking station and 6 month warranty for 68 a few days ago.

Good buy I think for anyone in Europe looking at purchasing a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10

vegetto_456 said:
    Yesterday10:04 PM
    Originally Posted by ZayDub

Posted via CB10

Posted via my Z30

extisis said:
    Yesterday11:08 PM
    Originally Posted by vegetto_456

Posted via my Z30
    seriously. i only took advantage of a business discount and got the 64GB Wifi PB for $300 when it was only months old. I didn't like the lag, but that last update helped a bit, especially with the keyboard lag. I wonder what this new update will bring... brownies?
    Qualcomm Kyocera QCP 2035a?Motorola T720?Palm Treo 650?Motorola Q9h|?9800?9810? Z10 STL3 using 10.2.1 on AT&T
    Listen to my productions @ SoundCloud!
    Pin Me

meltbox360 said:
    Today12:16 AM

Posted via CB10

Solar 77 said:
    Today01:05 AM
    Originally Posted by meltbox360

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah BB10 was optimized for Z3 right so it might be possible? But I'm not sure if it's still worth it since the company has other priorities.

Posted via CB10

Adam Fox2 said:
    Today01:10 AM
    Originally Posted by meltbox360

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook *CAN* run BB10.....it ran 10.0.9 or something like that....its just that it didn't live up to Blackberry's standards....doesn't mean it CAN'T do it....its no different than Android tablets not getting OFFICIAL updates but when rooted with custom ROMs it can run higher versions of the OS.....In reality, Blackberry screwed their customer base over with the no BB10 on PlayBook....they know it can run BB10 and so do others...so there is no reason why they shouldn't just give us BB10 on the PlayBook
    Sent from my Blackberry Z10 on Verizon

--------------------------------------------------------
    Phone History
    Nokia 6210 > Nokia 1100 > Motorola Razr > Motorola W490 > iPhone (original) > iPhone 3G > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S Captivate > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Note II > Windows Phone 8 > Blackberry Z10

Tablet History
    HP TouchPad > iPad 2 > Blackberry PlayBook

Future Phone History
    Blackberry ???

Deckard79 said:
    Today01:26 AM
    Irrespective if whether the PlayBook can or cannot run BB10, BB10 is not coming to PlayBook.

There is a maintenance update that may or may not hit soon.

Please people, stop getting your hopes up over this.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    extisis(Today)

amjass12 likes this.

ZayDub said:
    Today05:47 AM
    This was my 1st tablet purchase - my 4g hasn't been laggy at all. It does have a faster processor than the wifi only versions though. So far, the playbook has suited my needs. I also have a cheap android tablet, but I detest android and the interface is buggy/choppy/nonresponsive. I think the PB is a nice complement to my Q10, and considering these devices were once $550 retail, $250 isn't bad for my needs. I would have preferred a cheaper one, since amazon has 16 - 64 gig versions ranging from $115 - $170, but as you mentioned, those versions have considerable lag, and I couldn't find any other outlet for new, unlocked 4g versions.

Posted via CB10

First

Last

Reply to Thread

Subscribe

Heh.. PlayBook 10.3
    Log Out Full Site Get the App Top
    Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
    Mobile Nations
    Android Central
    CrackBerry
    iMore
    Smartwatch Fans
    Winows Phone Central
    Copyright 2014 Mobile Nations
    Terms and Conditions ? Privacy Policy

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:51 AM
    Mod, please delete post above...'reply with comment' didn't function as intended

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:52 AM
    Mod, please delete post above...'reply with comment' didn't function as intended
    You can also delete the post from a web browser by editing the post and selecting the delete option.
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-30-14 07:38 AM
    This was my 1st tablet purchase - my 4g hasn't been laggy at all. It does have a faster processor than the wifi only versions though. So far, the playbook has suited my needs. I also have a cheap android tablet, but I detest android and the interface is buggy/choppy/nonresponsive. I think the PB is a nice complement to my Q10, and considering these devices were once $550 retail, $250 isn't bad for my needs. I would have preferred a cheaper one, since amazon has 16 - 64 gig versions ranging from $115 - $170, but as you mentioned, those versions have considerable lag, and I couldn't find any other outlet for new, unlocked 4g versions.

Posted via CB10
    I am aware that it is slightly better but honestly speaking, it is still slow by today's standards. And it is not fair to say that all android tablets are slow and leggy if all you're using is a cheap budget tablet. The nexus 7 is buttery smooth and the interface of stock android is very non intrusive and customizable. At the end of the day you should get what works for you, but I feel you could have gotten more for your money.

Enjoy your tablet in good health and post some impressions after if you're using a sim with it and etc, I wouldn't mind reading something like that. Cheers!

Posted via my Z30
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 03-30-14 at 01:39 PM.
    03-30-14 10:12 AM
    I am aware that it is slightly better but honestly speaking, it is still slow by today's standards. And it is not fair to say that all android tablets are slow and leggy if all you're using is a cheap budget tablet. The nexus 7 is buttery smooth and the interface of stock android is very non intrusive and customizable. At the end of the day you should get what works for you, but I feel you could have gotten more for your money.

Enjoy your tablet in good health and post some impressions after if you're using a sim with it and etc, I wouldn't kind reading something like that. Cheers!

Posted via my Z30
    I'm sure I could have gotten more bells and whistles with an android tablet. My expectations for the PB were not terribly high, as they were for people years ago who first purchased the device. It's mainly functioning as a Web browser with some light media consumption. I love BB10, and since this was the precursor to BB10, I find navigating the system to be easy, and I don't have to learn a new UI. I figured iPhone owners have ipods and samsung phone owner can get tablets like nexus, etc...

there is a lot to be said for familiarity of an OS across multiple devices, which in part may be why ppl tend to not buy BBRY today, since they are so ingrained in apple this, or samsung that, in some form of their technology consumption. In addition, as much gripes as I've read about BlackBerry Bridge in the forums, I find it to be quite helpful and convenient. Again, I guess it's all about perspective and expectations.

I can certainly understand why original PB adopters could feel disappointed about its performance, but since I knew that going in, I don't feel that way -- and I haven't had any issues to date. Oh and it is one sexy device LOL.

I think I was sold on looks when I saw it on a TV show called crisis a few wknds ago! Lol...maybe it will be a comeback story if it ever gets BB10!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 and no expert like this.
    03-30-14 10:46 AM
    You can also delete the post from a web browser by editing the post and selecting the delete option.
    Thanks! I tried with the Q10 browser, but it's still appearing...not sure if it's an instantaneous thing, or if it has to await approval...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:49 AM
    Hey, I have to say something:
    I've got a PlayBook and a BlackBerry Dev Alpha B, the Dev B got only 1GB of RAM and 1.5 dualCore Processor.
    I have isntalled a leaked OS on the Dev B and Works pretty fine, the web browser works bad, sometimes closes, but works, and everything is very fast.
    I think that porting BB10 to PlayBook is a good possible idea that the new CEO would see, the only problem is that uses a old processor, but PlayBook is not a phone, it don't have to get a process to using gsm/3G/4G, the PlayBook could be more slow.

The 2.1 sucks because I can't open any PDF, don't have file manager, no remenber, no BBM (only videochat U_U), no open android APKs...
    If BlackBerry puts BB10 on PlayBook they will have a new ecosystem new, and a very powerfull system with more screens sizes make BlackBerry 10 apps a new use, a new way to deploy tablets apps, and a door to bring another tablets.

Moreover, look and , this was a public tv ad, but i don't know why how I could do it on my PlayBook. U_U....

(Sorry for my bad English)
    03-30-14 01:56 PM
    That was a TAT demo from a number of years ago. Most of what TAT showed never materialized.

There will be no BB10 for PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:28 PM
    What we need is someone with a Dev alpha with 1gb ram to load 10.3 and if it runs that shows that BB10 uses ram based on how much is available (since idle consumption of ram on 10.3 is over a gig in the leak). This would prove that the playbook could run it. Not sure if it will help us at all in getting BB10 for the playbook but it would be nice to know if that ram is stuff being used or a bunch of cached stuff that doesn't HAVE to be in memory.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:17 PM
    This should do it.

Heh.. PlayBook 10.3-inflatable_unicorn_horn_amazon.png
    03-30-14 07:15 PM
    An update is an update whether it's a newer 2.1. A 2.2, 3.0 or even BB 10. Either way it's bound to be an improvement. And we can't get disappointed about what we get. At least we're going to get something. Even with a BB10 device I still use my PlayBook everyday.

Post by 9of13's Q
    ZayDub, meltbox360 and extisis like this.
    03-30-14 11:11 PM
    An update is an update whether it's a newer 2.1. A 2.2, 3.0 or even BB 10. Either way it's bound to be an improvement. And we can't get disappointed about what we get. At least we're going to get something. Even with a BB10 device I still use my PlayBook everyday.

Post by 9of13's Q
    True. Honestly I'd be perfectly happy with an updated browser. If they want to make the settings lag free and bridge lag free and the user player lag free. Well then I shall welcome it. One or all, still better than what we have.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 01:43 AM
    True. Honestly I'd be perfectly happy with an updated browser. If they want to make the settings lag free and bridge lag free and the user player lag free. Well then I shall welcome it. One or all, still better than what we have.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly that's all they really need to do as well as make the keyboard smoother and update the Android runtime. The UI is fine the way it is. It gives a different experience compared to BB10.

Post by 9of13's Q
    03-31-14 04:06 AM
    I like good news
    03-31-14 04:41 AM
    What we need is someone with a Dev alpha with 1gb ram to load 10.3 and if it runs that shows that BB10 uses ram based on how much is available (since idle consumption of ram on 10.3 is over a gig in the leak). This would prove that the playbook could run it. Not sure if it will help us at all in getting BB10 for the playbook but it would be nice to know if that ram is stuff being used or a bunch of cached stuff that doesn't HAVE to be in memory.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly RAM has never been a problem. Dev Alpha's with 1GB of RAM were reported even running 10.2.1. Remember there are some Q10's (Dev Alpha C's) with 1GB RAM too.
    RAM usage has only been decreasing.
    03-31-14 06:31 AM
286 ... 89101112