Verizon Z10 with 1055 installed

and before anyone asks - yes i did restart the device multiple times in every way possible.

I have connected my device a TV in the hotel room and attempting to watch a movie purchased through BB World.
    once i change the resolution i was able to get video to work. however the audio does not work regardless of resolution i choose.

and yes, i have reset the cable before, and during the video playback. its not the cable.

is there an HDMI "bug" that restricts audio from being played on the 1055 release?
    12-18-13 07:45 PM
    ooh i forgot to add - that yes, i did check the setting for HDMI Audio under Settings - Display
    its set to "ON"
    12-18-13 07:47 PM
    I noticed an HDMI issue on mine too, or so I thought. Whenever I tried to play any video, it would start, then crash with an error. Then when I tried it without the HDMI cable plugged it, it was still doing it. I loaded the "Media Player Fix" and my video seems to be working now, but I haven't tried the HDMI cable again yet. In this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/ there is a link for Music Player Issues:
    Sideload this: https://mega.co.nz/#!LsIxTYzL!VWtNYA...kpCtD4XSucgbc0

You might try that. I'll try my HDMI again and post back the results.
    12-18-13 10:49 PM
    thanks for the response. i will take a look at that fix shortly.

however i think it important to note how i was able to resolve the issue on my own.

1. purchase a movie from BB World
    2. once the download is complete, click on the "Open" button - this will launch "Media Player" and play the move.
    - take note - HDMI Audio out does not work with these steps

1. purchase movie from BB World
    2. once the download completes, close out of the app and launch the "Videos" app and play the movie
    - take note - HDMI Audio out works just fine with these steps

it wasnt the file, the cable, or a setting anywhere. just a matter of launching the same file using a different method and now it works.
    hope this helps others with similar issues.

Just so other corporate travelers know - the LG 42" LCD tv's in the Fairmont hotel have HDMI inputs and will work when changing the HDMI resolution down to 1280x720@60Hrz
    12-19-13 12:16 AM