05-29-13 04:59 AM
41 12
tools
    What makes you think that a new o.s. update may come today ??
    05-24-13 09:27 AM
    What makes you think that a new o.s. update may come today ??
    read up

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...k-when-810077/
    05-24-13 09:29 AM
    How many days have you had it installed?...also, did you restore from a backup or not ??

Posted on CB10 via my Z10
    That was my first night with it, but since I've owned the phone, it has been the only time I've had no reboots overnight. I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke though.

Yes, I restored from a backup.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:39 AM
    100-3 on WIND, I tried the leaks and currently am on the official 10.1 release and still getting re-boots. I am in Europe without my Z10 (using an unlocked LG) but will try the new leak when I get home. Have both tried restoring and not and neither helped.
    05-24-13 01:29 PM
    Rr this morning with. 2009

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 12:40 AM
    1880: RR every two days, better than every other OS before
    1916: skipped that one
    2009: RR even while reconfiguring the device, RR in short time periods
    2432: no reboot since installing, running since 10 hours or so
    2342 update: RR after nearly 24 hours...

All installs fresh and clean, no backup used, no additional apps, just running one EAS account
    Last edited by Jingo F; 05-27-13 at 05:22 PM.
    b320 likes this.
    05-25-13 09:53 AM
    I havent had a reboot since 1916 thankfully.
    05-25-13 09:55 AM
    .1916 and .2342 both fixed my overnight whilst charging reboots. I skipped .2009 so can't comment on that one.
    05-25-13 09:58 AM
    I have the official flip case with the stand (and yes, the magnets that turn off the screen when it's closed).

I've not had my Z10 that long - a week or two, but was running the original 10.0 release (90 I think) build for a while, and I only actually noticed one reboot whilst I was using the phone - whilst using the browser.

Otherwise, my main method of noticing, was when I'd either left a tile running something (like the weather app) and when I returned it wasn't, or when left overnight on charge (and with the case open, but not folded back on itself) and the sleep / overnight screen dragged down - when I picked up the phone in the morning, that mode had gone off - so I then checked the boot time.

I also had one other issue on the original firmware - that also tended to coincide with the reboots when I flashed the official 1720 autoloader firmware - that at times, and at home, the voice / cellular coverage would flip-flop between no voice signal / service, and my carrier. Since going with the official 1720 10.1 release, over WiFi from my carrier, AND (I kid myself this is significant) being very careful about the App world apps that I put on there, it's been rock solid, and I've not had any reboots, issues with the cellular signal, and battery life has been good.
    Following up to my own post, but worthwhile, I feel.

My rock-steady configuration of no reboots, has passed, I fear. It started to return with some problematic update to the Sports Tracker app - don't know whether it was a true update, or something botched with a release, but all I know is since then, reboots have returned.

Irritating, too, because it can occur when the Sports Tracker app is running - rendering it rather useless, really.

I have had this sneaky suspicion that's it's not purely one thing (OS version, or hardware issue...) because I started off with them (not sure how long after I got my Z10, I noticed them happening) and then had a good period (after re-doing the official 1720 release, by doing a WiFi carrier reinstallation) where I was definitely not having them.

Then something goes a bit funny with an App World installation (I did uninstall it, and reinstall it) and also have done a battery pull, but they are back again, now. At a guess 2-4 times over a 24 hour period.
    05-26-13 12:14 PM
    Here's hoping that fixes it, and they do an official release of a version 1916-> onwards that doesn't have reboots. I'll wait for the official release, though, I did do an autoloader installation of the official 1720 release before my carrier released it, but with BlackBerry Link OS reload function not working, I'd rather not go through any more hoops if I want to get my carriers version back on there.
    05-26-13 12:17 PM
    Here's hoping that fixes it, and they do an official release of a version 1916-> onwards that doesn't have reboots. I'll wait for the official release, though, I did do an autoloader installation of the official 1720 release before my carrier released it, but with BlackBerry Link OS reload function not working, I'd rather not go through any more hoops if I want to get my carriers version back on there.
    I tried all leaks available, no cure with those , still RR..., I think I will go for another exchange of device then (3rd one).
    05-27-13 07:03 PM
    I tried all leaks available, no cure with those , still RR..., I think I will go for another exchange of device then (3rd one).
    thats too bad. The latest has totally fixed mine. No reboots since Saturday 7am.

Maybe hold out for one more leak? I know its hard to say when that will come though.
    05-28-13 05:45 AM
    Following up to my own post, but worthwhile, I feel.

My rock-steady configuration of no reboots, has passed, I fear. It started to return with some problematic update to the Sports Tracker app - don't know whether it was a true update, or something botched with a release, but all I know is since then, reboots have returned.

Irritating, too, because it can occur when the Sports Tracker app is running - rendering it rather useless, really.

I have had this sneaky suspicion that's it's not purely one thing (OS version, or hardware issue...) because I started off with them (not sure how long after I got my Z10, I noticed them happening) and then had a good period (after re-doing the official 1720 release, by doing a WiFi carrier reinstallation) where I was definitely not having them.

Then something goes a bit funny with an App World installation (I did uninstall it, and reinstall it) and also have done a battery pull, but they are back again, now. At a guess 2-4 times over a 24 hour period.
    More follow up!

My Z10 last rebooted itself about 6 hours ago - as to the frequency ongoing, it seemed worse when they started again (issues with Sports Tracker app version / update in App World seemed to be the trigger), I'm noticing it less, so whether the frequency has reduced, or I'm just not noticing it happening as often, I'm unsure.

I've also noticed that payment options now don't work (as apparently happens with use of leaked versions) - although it was working fine when I reinstalled the current carrier / live version over WiFi - so why that's stopped working, I'm not sure - whether it's another symptom of what goes wrong after a bit.

I can't help think that apps / App World is potentially a strong causative factor, since mine was rock-steady on this OS installation right up until the point something went wrong with Sports Tracker in App world a few days back.
    05-28-13 06:06 AM
    I really did everything to resolve the reboot issue. Nothing worked. Tomorrow Ill trade my new Z10 for a refurbished one (would be my 3rd device) and hope that that unit does not suffer from the RR. After all it seems hardware related to me. Keep you posted.
    05-28-13 11:44 AM
    Ditto that. Stable and very good battery life as well.
    Roscopcoletrain likes this.
    05-28-13 01:10 PM
    I really did everything to resolve the reboot issue. Nothing worked. Tomorrow Ill trade my new Z10 for a refurbished one (would be my 3rd device) and hope that that unit does not suffer from the RR. After all it seems hardware related to me. Keep you posted.
    So, got my "new" (refurbished) device. Everything is set now and Ill see whether this one will be reliable. It came preinstalled with 1720 by T-Mobile Germany...
    05-29-13 04:59 AM
41 12