08-11-15 10:50 PM
45 12
tools
    Sadly what they haven't realized is they need to spend lots of Cash on marketing because they have great product and no audience.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get why everyone thinks that BlackBerry didn't try to market BB10. I first bought my z10 in 2013 because of the daily reminder on my morning commute from z100 that the z10 and q10 were on the market. They tried marketing. It didn't work. I wish they would try again, but you cannot ignore the fact that BB tried.
    08-01-15 05:24 PM
    Sadly what they haven't realized is they need to spend lots of Cash on marketing because they have great product and no audience.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get why everyone thinks that BlackBerry didn't try to market BB10. I first bought my z10 in 2013 because of the daily reminder on my morning commute from z100 that the z10 and q10 were on the market. They tried marketing. It didn't work. I wish they would try again, but you cannot ignore the fact that BB tried.
    08-01-15 05:24 PM
    Because other companies can sell ****ty products with marketing marketing marketing. If what is claimed they have plenty of cash is true, they should heavily invest in to gaining market share. Insensitive like "90 days risk free trial", trade your no BlackBerry phone and get mail in rebate and other methods that can make people stay with the OS for more than a week in order to get its supremacy in certain areas. Also, I would highly suggest aggressive YouTube videos showing how things are done quicker and easier with BB10 vs others. Haven't seen any of those.

Instead, what you get is a hassle and fees when you try to return a device to shop.blackberry.

I think this guy Chen has super cheap mind. He wants to play it save and that's why he is going Android. But it will be even worse as no one will buy $450 BlackBerry when there are phones like Moto G for ~$200. People will still think it's a "stinky" old BB and they will have to advertise anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:00 PM
    Just look at the OS Spotted thread, it's clearly still going
    But not as much as it was. For a while, we were seeing several a day, now we may see one build a day - if that.

Also, since the Chen crack-down, the only leaks we ever got were the ones sent to beta testers in the beta zone (although "invited", may as well have been a public beta release because there were always the "look what I got" people). All other builds we've been able to get were straight from the servers that were official releases somewhere anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree.

Marketing/advertising only helps with lack of awareness. It helps with "oh, we didn't know BlackBerry was an option" situation.
    When first Blackberry with BB10 OS came out, the marketing was adequate. I remember seeing larger than human ads in airports and on billboards and stuff.

However, today, most people have heard about BlackBerry. (Sadly from negative reviews)
    "More marketing" will do little good at this point.

If I am an apple/android user and see an advertisement for BlackBerry, I don't think: "what is this blackberry you speak of". Instead, I am likely to think: "Yea, yea, I know about BlackBerries but they don't allow me to do X, Y and Z, and the features they do have don't appeal to me."
    There is no amount of marketing that will convert me to BlackBerries if there is no X,Y,Z (insert the "great ecosystem" or whatever other claims there are in support of apple/android).

Capitalism in its most basic form dictates:
    My product needs to be either cheaper than everybody else's product, or it needs to be better than everybody else's product.
    If my product is cheaper, I will corner the market of people that can't afford the competitors more expensive product.
    If my product is better, I will corner the market of people that want only the best, regardless of cost.
    If I can manage to do both, I will have majority market share.

It all boils down to is this question:
    What can blackberry do better than apple or Android?
    The answer to that needs to be a feature that is highly desirable by the consumer. (Because you can prepare the best steak in the world, even give it out for free to people... and I will still not eat it if I am a vegetarian.)
    The following happens subconsciously most of the time but from business perspective it holds true:
    1) write down the list of features that you want/need.
    2) think about their importance to you.
    3) If BlackBerry is better at (or has more of) the features that you desire, then you will likely buy blackberry.
    If Apple/android is better at (or has more of) the features that you desire, then you will likely buy their product.

Blackberry is great in some areas and lacks in others. The problem is that it is great at things that people don't care about (or not enough of them anyways), and sucks in the areas of importance to a potential customer.

The only way out is innovation. Change what doesn't work and keep what does. Only AFTER you innovate will marketing / advertising help.

It is my opinion that BlackBerry makes a great hardware but their software fell behind the competition. So that is what (in my opinion) needs to change and improve in order for more people to buy BlackBerries. They have tried improving the OS since its inception but were not able to make it better than the competition. So they face a fork in the road. Simplified, either they don't change software because "people that buy BlackBerries now are happy with it the way it is" aka niche market aka enthusiast path..... OR ..... they make a BlackBerry that runs Android OS since "android os is more desirable" aka business path

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 12:17 AM
    Because other companies can sell ****ty products with marketing marketing marketing. If what is claimed they have plenty of cash is true, they should heavily invest in to gaining market share. Insensitive like "90 days risk free trial", trade your no BlackBerry phone and get mail in rebate and other methods that can make people stay with the OS for more than a week in order to get its supremacy in certain areas. Also, I would highly suggest aggressive YouTube videos showing how things are done quicker and easier with BB10 vs others. Haven't seen any of those.

Instead, what you get is a hassle and fees when you try to return a device to shop.blackberry.

I think this guy Chen has super cheap mind. He wants to play it save and that's why he is going Android. But it will be even worse as no one will buy $450 BlackBerry when there are phones like Moto G for ~$200. People will still think it's a "stinky" old BB and they will have to advertise anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I'm agreed your view, but mobile phone industry is difficult to sustainable profitable . The Chinese and India enterprises are making cheap USD$120 android mobile phone. I seen BlackBerry having problems talking to Chinese service providers,
    China and India are huge population in the world, why BlackBerry is not promotion BlackBerry in China and India and the device is not fixed with antenna FD LTE networks .
    BlackBerry is diversion hard ware to software business.

Z10/STL100-2/10.3.2. 2339
    08-03-15 12:26 AM
    I don't think that spending a huge amount of money on marketing will help anymore.
    In everyone's mind, BlackBerry = poor apps. So it isn't even an option. No one cares about security until they are hacked, and soon people will. BlackBerry has to survive long enough to be able to come back big time after everyone is being hacked.
    People love their apps better than their security right now. If you cannot beat them, join them, but making it secured.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:23 AM
    I don't think that spending a huge amount of money on marketing will help anymore.
    In everyone's mind, BlackBerry = poor apps. So it isn't even an option. No one cares about security until they are hacked, and soon people will. BlackBerry has to survive long enough to be able to come back big time after everyone is being hacked.
    People love their apps better than their security right now. If you cannot beat them, join them, but making it secured.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but it doesn't look like anyone is going to be getting hacked anytime soon, even with all the Android vulnerabilities out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:11 AM
    I disagree.

Marketing/advertising only helps with lack of awareness. It helps with "oh, we didn't know BlackBerry was an option" situation.
    When first Blackberry with BB10 OS came out, the marketing was adequate. I remember seeing larger than human ads in airports and on billboards and stuff.

However, today, most people have heard about BlackBerry. (Sadly from negative reviews)
    "More marketing" will do little good at this point.

If I am an apple/android user and see an advertisement for BlackBerry, I don't think: "what is this blackberry you speak of". Instead, I am likely to think: "Yea, yea, I know about BlackBerries but they don't allow me to do X, Y and Z, and the features they do have don't appeal to me."
    There is no amount of marketing that will convert me to BlackBerries if there is no X,Y,Z (insert the "great ecosystem" or whatever other claims there are in support of apple/android).

Capitalism in its most basic form dictates:
    My product needs to be either cheaper than everybody else's product, or it needs to be better than everybody else's product.
    If my product is cheaper, I will corner the market of people that can't afford the competitors more expensive product.
    If my product is better, I will corner the market of people that want only the best, regardless of cost.
    If I can manage to do both, I will have majority market share.

It all boils down to is this question:
    What can blackberry do better than apple or Android?
    The answer to that needs to be a feature that is highly desirable by the consumer. (Because you can prepare the best steak in the world, even give it out for free to people... and I will still not eat it if I am a vegetarian.)
    The following happens subconsciously most of the time but from business perspective it holds true:
    1) write down the list of features that you want/need.
    2) think about their importance to you.
    3) If BlackBerry is better at (or has more of) the features that you desire, then you will likely buy blackberry.
    If Apple/android is better at (or has more of) the features that you desire, then you will likely buy their product.

Blackberry is great in some areas and lacks in others. The problem is that it is great at things that people don't care about (or not enough of them anyways), and sucks in the areas of importance to a potential customer.

The only way out is innovation. Change what doesn't work and keep what does. Only AFTER you innovate will marketing / advertising help.

It is my opinion that BlackBerry makes a great hardware but their software fell behind the competition. So that is what (in my opinion) needs to change and improve in order for more people to buy BlackBerries. They have tried improving the OS since its inception but were not able to make it better than the competition. So they face a fork in the road. Simplified, either they don't change software because "people that buy BlackBerries now are happy with it the way it is" aka niche market aka enthusiast path..... OR ..... they make a BlackBerry that runs Android OS since "android os is more desirable" aka business path

Posted via CB10
    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!

Posted via CB10
    allbetsareoff29 likes this.
    08-03-15 01:05 PM
    BB10 is better than the competition on a whole other level. The problem is ppl don't know it.

Posted via CB10
    lift, bigjman and Rarebird13 like this.
    08-03-15 04:51 PM
    Unfortunately majority of people wants to snapchat, play candy crush, and have their phone tightly integrated with their scale and house lights...
    All areas in which BlackBerry is either lacking severely, or is totally incapable of doing.

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor and 1magine like this.
    08-04-15 02:42 PM
    Hello Sir, please stop spreading false information. If you go on to BlackBerry's Blog site, they specifically said production on 10.3.3 has already begun. Take a read in the last line.....

BlackBerry 10.3.2 Available NOW in US for All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    First- I said, no release plans. This is true so please learn to read English. 2nd BB like all people and all companies say lots of things, like OS6 will come to all OS5 devices, and BB Navigation will be released shortly for all OS7 devices and BB10 will come to Playbook......

The truth is the timeline has never been blank before. Analytics have not shown any sign of any OS past 10.3.2, and nothing above 10.3.2 has appeared on any server.

There are many who believe the Earth is flat, revolves around the Sun and humans frolicked with dinosaurs. You too are free to believe whatever you like. Unfortunately the only evidence there is for development beyond 10.3.2 is a single statement and a single line of text both coming from a corporation that has been less than forthright and truthful in the last decade.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-05-15 09:34 AM
    I remember a couple failed attempts at marketing BlackBerrys, the 8220 flip ad, about curing "b utt dialing" and a slightly edgier approach with the 9670 style. I personally found both ads effective and bought both phones when they came out, but that was during a time when flip phones were already a dying fad. Imo it's really more a matter of them always missing the right timing. Their commercials come out right as the market is changing to a different type of form factor/ OS preference. The problem is people are going to see BlackBerrys as their father's phone, one that's purely business and not really for the average smartphone user.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-06-15 06:34 PM
    Hello Sir, please stop spreading false information. If you go on to BlackBerry's Blog site, they specifically said production on 10.3.3 has already begun. Take a read in the last line.....
    We need companies to tell customers to stop buying their products because they are going bankrupt tomorrow.
    08-08-15 11:57 AM
    It seems that my predictions are likely correct.
    With all the new leaked pictures and videos, BlackBerry seems to be headed the android route.

Let's hope they execute well and it ends up working out in their favor

Posted via CB10
    wirelessdb likes this.
    08-09-15 01:38 AM
    Hypervisor! And remember that Qt 5 for QNX is alive and kicking!

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-09-15 05:59 PM
    in my opinion Blackberry 10 will see a big change for the next 3 month as soon as they release slider.
    the leak you all used to get it was released for beta testing from Blackberry it self, but now the hiding something new they will just announce about it once they think it's on final stage and they need testers, at that time u all will get the new leak and have chance to test it before they officially release it.
    my assumption will be 10.4
    08-11-15 06:59 AM
    in my opinion Blackberry 10 will see a big change for the next 3 month as soon as they release slider.
    the leak you all used to get it was released for beta testing from Blackberry it self, but now the hiding something new they will just announce about it once they think it's on final stage and they need testers, at that time u all will get the new leak and have chance to test it before they officially release it.
    my assumption will be 10.4
    BlackBerry stated by themselves that the next update will be 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:05 AM
    They have to do that to avoid a "Burning Platform"-style blunder. Remember Stephen Elop?

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-11-15 01:05 PM
    They have to do that to avoid a "Burning Platform"-style blunder. Remember Stephen Elop?

Wide vision, from Chile.
    I do, and will never forget. Elop, the MeeGo killer

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:50 PM
45 12