Anyone else having issues with group text on. 700? Each message comes through like a picture even if it's just text. Haven't seen this issue crop up on the forum. I'm on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:36 PM
    Anyone else having issues with group text on. 700? Each message comes through like a picture even if it's just text. Haven't seen this issue crop up on the forum. I'm on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    First of all this is not a leaked OS, it is a developers preview OS, which by the way, is advised not to be used as a daily driver OS.

That being said, what do you mean coming in as a picture?

It comes as a MMS, or it is an actual picture that comes in?
    olaf_d likes this.
    07-17-14 07:40 PM
    Yes, I'm having the same issue I'm on Verizon. Issue is if I send mms ( no picture attached just text) to say 2 people and they both answer one will be fine but the other comes through as a black window with the recipient s name in red. No text from their reply. If I touch on the Window it reads error " attachment not compatible " or something like that ( sorry it's been a while since I received a group text so my error description may not be exact wording.
    07-17-14 08:10 PM
    First of all this is not a leaked OS, it is a developers preview OS, which by the way, is advised not to be used as a daily driver OS.

It comes back like this:

So appears as a black image, with a .txt extension.

I can then click on it, giving me:

At first I just thought it was a security measure to be honest

Posted via CB10

Edit: so the cb app is acting up and not putting the pictures in their places but you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Group Text issue on 10.3.0.700-img_20140717_213014.png   Group Text issue on 10.3.0.700-img_20140717_213416.png  
    07-17-14 08:37 PM
    Thanks , beat me to it. Exactly my issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:45 PM
    I've gotten that also, but only from 1 contact. I've had other issues where it takes forever to send a group msg(not complaining, just stating)

I thought it was something with Iphones as I don't know anyone else that has a blackberry. Sadly.

Via Q10/10.3.0.700
    07-17-14 10:24 PM
    Same exact issue here...
    07-17-14 11:38 PM

So ealvnv, now you see the issue, any input? Or was your sole purpose to make the comment about the OS not being a leak? Because a majority of us here understand what is going on, no need to try and call people out and try to make them look like they don't know what's going on.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 03:07 PM
    So ealvnv, now you see the issue, any input? Or was your sole purpose to make the comment about the OS not being a leak? Because a majority of us here understand what is going on, no need to try and call people out and try to make them look like they don't know what's going on.

Posted via CB10
    No my purpose wasn't to call anyone out, I'm sorry if that what you got from my post, my point is that being a developer preview OS there's a documentation that comes with it and that nobody reads, which explains that, just like this one, the OS has some bugs and there is no workaround for it.
    07-20-14 06:06 PM
    No my purpose wasn't to call anyone out, I'm sorry if that what you got from my post, my point is that being a developer preview OS there's a documentation that comes with it and that nobody reads, which explains that, just like this one, the OS has some bugs and there is no workaround for it.
    Do you know that there is no work around? Have you even encountered the "bug"? Your wording does come off as being a *****. No offense. I've read pretty much every thread and had yet to see anyone say anything about it. Someone asked if anyone else had the problem and if there was a workaround. Plain and simple. I'd say 99.9 of the people here UNDERSTAND it's a dev and or leak etc. Just looking for possible solutions. End of it.
    07-20-14 07:52 PM
    hey guys

is this the only issue u guys are facing after the installation of dev OS on Q10 ??
    Am asking coz my Q10 is my daily driver
    07-21-14 12:04 AM
    This is one issue. Second I have is the keyboard is laggy, but I'm on a Z so I am thinking this won't be a problem for you. Third is the alarm, doesn't work but you can just use another app. The ring tone not working seems to pop up from time to time but can be fixed or just use hub++. Just make sure you go through the best steps to get it loaded.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:53 AM
    I experienced the identical text message issues above (black boxes, major delays when sending group text messages, etc.) when on 10.3.0.700. I was even missing random texts altogether here and there - especially in group texts. Between this issue and the ring tone/alarm issue, I downgraded back to the 296/442 hybrid with some of the functional 700 bars overlayed, such as the browser and Android Runtime bars. Stability is back and I'm happy.
    stooy leown likes this.
    07-21-14 02:27 PM
    Do you know that there is no work around? Have you even encountered the "bug"? Your wording does come off as being a *****. No offense. I've read pretty much every thread and had yet to see anyone say anything about it. Someone asked if anyone else had the problem and if there was a workaround. Plain and simple. I'd say 99.9 of the people here UNDERSTAND it's a dev and or leak etc. Just looking for possible solutions. End of it.
    Yes I know there is no workaround, no I don't have that bug because I'm not running that OS on my day to day device.

Now if you would just avoid offending me I would appreciate it as I, once again, am just trying to say go read the documentation that comes with the OS and you will find there's no solution for this issue.

As you said, end of it.
    07-22-14 11:48 PM
    Ealvnv... would you be so kind to share or point us to that documentation? the location that I got my hybrid from didn't seem to have it.

Thanks much!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:30 AM
    Same issues here. It's simply an issue with this dev build.
    07-25-14 10:17 AM
    I have figured out how to solve these problems. If you can't send or receive picture messaging, chances are you didn't wipe your phone after install. Security wipe it.

For other Mms issues, delete ALL text messages and reboot your phone. When it comes back, all should be working perfectly. . T least this is what worked for me.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:34 PM
    So the bottom line is that BlackBerry has not yet fixed group messaging? I don't see deleting all previous messages, some of which I want to keep, as a viable solution. I just want to be able to message two or three people and see all their responses. My iPhone does this quite well. I expect a BlackBerry - the premier communications tool on the planet - to handle any and all messaging with equal aplomb.
    08-26-14 05:10 PM
    So the bottom line is that BlackBerry has not yet fixed group messaging? I don't see deleting all previous messages, some of which I want to keep, as a viable solution. I just want to be able to message two or three people and see all their responses. My iPhone does this quite well. I expect a BlackBerry - the premier communications tool on the planet - to handle any and all messaging with equal aplomb.
    No, the bottom line is anyone who runs a DEV OS(meant to be used for testing new API's), and expects everything to work is a moron.

BlackBerry doesn't need to "fix" anything, group messaging works perfectly fine on an OS that is meant to be used as a daily driver. this is an OS that is meant to be used for testing apps with the new API's, not a daily driver.

Apparently people don't read or comprehend this fact even though they say they do.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-26-14 05:26 PM