With the 10.2.1 installed, i needed only a few apps to close "my personal" app gap, so I am set!

I have a paid version of supertube from BBW and it serves all my needs. But i was curious about google's official app so i downloaded it and it works but i am unable to login to my google account on my Q10. Anyone know how?

Also, I must say it is a very nice app and it would have been nice if google had developed a similar native one for BB10. I especilly like the ability to use the chromestick and watch on the big screen right from the app. Hopefully BB10 developers can get that going.

G
    01-28-14 05:52 PM
    You have to jump through a couple hoops to set up Google Play services on your device. (This does NOT mean the Google Play store. That is NOT available at this time.)

Follow the links from this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-884754/
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-28-14 05:57 PM
    Thanks.

Looks like after a lot of reading there is no way to to get the Youtube app working (unless i missed it). People can login but then the videos don't work etc. Ah well, I can wait until the community can figure this out or BB comes up with 10.3 and make this work.

G
    01-28-14 06:47 PM
    For the simple way, basically you need a certain version of 2 apk's: Google Play Services and Google Login Service. Then you need to sign in once from a random Google app like Google Music. The YouTube app would probably work for that sign-in too.

Otherwise there's a few more hoops to jump through, like I said.
    01-28-14 06:53 PM
    The YouTube app would probably work for that sign-in too.
    Wrong, unfortunately. Fully functioning Android YouTube with login is not available just yet.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-28-14 11:48 PM