Hey guys,
    i know that there was an issue previously 10.1 with gmail deleting and it not deleting on the server side- but rather remaining in the All Mail.

I though that this was fixed with 10.2x and i just noticed that on my computer logged into gmail from a browser- the messages i delete on my bb are still going to the all mail.

do i need to keep the previous workaround- or is there something else that I'm missing?
    01-03-14 03:18 PM
    I'd like to know this as well... I really didn't search around for an answer though

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.1955 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    01-03-14 03:43 PM
    It's only in 10.2.1.x
    Install a leak, and you'll have it too.
    01-03-14 03:50 PM
    Interesting, mine have been deleting

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-03-14 03:50 PM
    Interesting, mine have been deleting

Being put into trash or in all mail? Mine get removed from my Z30 and my inbox but are basically archived (going to all mail) vs being sent to trash for deletion

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.1955 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    01-03-14 04:03 PM
    Being put into trash or in all mail? Mine get removed from my Z30 and my inbox but are basically archived (going to all mail) vs being sent to trash for deletion

Just checked....
    All Mail. This is something new since I last logged into my mail account online. (couple of years ago)

01-03-14 06:39 PM
    Just checked....
    All Mail. This is something new since I last logged into my mail account online. (couple of years ago)

yeah, I'm running 10.2.1.1925 on my Q10 and there was an issue with this on 10.1 where the workaround had to do with changing the auto expunge to off, and having the server delete when it updated- but this means it won't happen across all pop devices immediately (unlike normal where i have it set to refresh when i leave the hub) but i had heard that 10.2.xxxx fixed it (before i installed any leaks months ago) and i just logged in and noticed that it isn't fixed. not a HUGE issue, but still- id like my deleted messages to actually be deleted lol
    01-03-14 06:50 PM
    The instructions here (How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com) are still required in 10.2.1.xxxx to change the deletion behaviour.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    01-03-14 07:07 PM
    Just wanted to chime in a little as I was having a very similar issue.

I followed all the steps in the link above and it still wasn't working (well as you'll see it really was), so in case this is helpful for others:

1) As the article indicates, the default gmail IMAP handling is the 'archive' any deleted emails, this implies all labels are removed, so it will show up in the 'All Mail' folder on the gmail server (i.e. if you navigate to gmail.com).
    2) This can be altered by changing the 'default' gmail IMAP setting 'auto expunge OFF' and change the action to 'move to trash'.
    3) The link also mentions the 'show in imap' option under the label tab must be UNCHECKED for 'all mail' and 'important'.

But it doesn't get into the reason behind this any why this may not work if your just testing this your self (by sending your self an email).

The key in step 2) is note the exact wording of the gmail option:
    "When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder"

The key here is the last part "last visble imap" folder. What this essentially means is your IMAP application (bb10 hub in this case) has no more reference to this deleted email, then the action you select will apply (e.g. move to trash).

So by unchecking show in imap for 'all mail' you accomplish this most of the times. The problem ? When you test this manually, by sending your self an email from your OWN account, the email it self will still appear in one IMAP directory ... the "sent mail" directory.

So if you send your self an email, and try to delete it from your bb10 device using the settings above, it will not work as you expect, and instead be moved into the 'all mail' folder, which is probably what you are trying to avoid.

The solution ? There isn't a good one, if you uncheck 'sent mail' show in imap option, it works perfectly, but this isn't probably what you want, if you send an email from your phone / gmail it self - it will not appear under the 'sent mail' folder on your bb10 device, not desirable.

I concluded simply leaving this alone is OK ... how often do you send your self emails ... so to test, just send your self an email from another account and delete, and you'll see its properly being moved to the trash folder in gmail.

Hope that helps.
    02-17-14 01:51 PM