With the release of BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2, your privacy and security are further enhanced with the introduction of Anti-Theft Protection within BlackBerry Protect.

Provided you have confirmed your BlackBerry ID, Anti-Theft Protection associates your BlackBerry ID with your device, and provides you with the ability to disable your device using a new Flag as Stolen option.

When used, Flag as Stolen will erase your device memory and disable your device, unless the BlackBerry ID which was used to setup the device originally with Anti-Theft Protection, is entered on the device.

In other words, unless your device is returned to you, no one else will be able to setup the device again since they do not know your BlackBerry ID credentials.
    For an overview of how this feature works and frequently asked questions, check out the rest of this post

Getting started with Anti-Theft Protection in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2 | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:49 PM
    So it sounds like they given us the ability to "blacklist" or "whitelist" our devices. Cool.

Just wish the paired it with some type of "cloud" backup so that you would restore a device if it were found, or if you got a new device. Think BlackBerry's reliance on a user having a PC and connecting it on a regular basis is counter to how many - especially in developing markets are using their smartphones. Not an issue for my at work, but personally I hardly ever turn on my laptop.
    06-18-15 03:09 PM
    What about 10.2.2
    Is that blacklisted too?
    If all the previous OS are blacklisted then it makes perfect sense!

Posted via my  z30/2708 
    06-18-15 04:48 PM
    All prior os' are blacklisted, loading up a newer OS will require a bbid login

06-18-15 04:54 PM