Greetings,

I was syncing some new files to my Z30 when I noticed it was going really slow. When I checked the connection speed of the USB2 connection, I saw that it was running at 100 Kbps. I don't ever remember seeing this before as I believe it used to report 480 Mbps.

I'm fairly confident that even after I installed the lasted Link software (through the Blend download) that the connection speed had remained the same. I pulled up the network properties on the "network adapter" and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to change this setting. I tried swapping cables with no change. I tried swapping ports from the front of the case to the back where the connection goes into the motherboard with no change.

Is anyone else running the latest Link 1.2.4.23 version noticing a USB connection of 100 Kbps?
    11-02-14 09:30 AM
    I noticed both USB and Wi-Fi mass storage has been slow. At least it's not just me.

Wish I had a clue what's causing the issue. I haven't taken the time to pinpoint it. Maybe someone else can be more helpful, instead of simply comforting.
    11-02-14 10:17 AM
    You need hi-speed write/read cards to sync at higher speeds. I changed to Patriot Class 10...seems faster to me...
    EDIT: Also, if you pull sd card and transfer files directly to card it goes a lot faster...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 11-02-14 at 10:38 AM.
    11-02-14 10:26 AM
    I was having issues with link while trying to restore my data and it was always really slow then it hanged! A reboot was needed to tey again.

I noticed than when I switched from a usb 3 port to a usb 2 port, things went smoothly and as expected

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:32 AM
    You need hi-speed write/read cards to sync at higher speeds. I changed to Patriot Class 10...seems faster to me...
    EDIT: Also, if you pull sd card and transfer files directly to card it goes a lot faster...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    ☑ Class 10
    ☑ Faster direct

There's something else amiss.
    11-02-14 10:49 AM
    ☑ Class 10
    ☑ Faster direct

There's something else amiss.
    Same here and agreed.

I used task manager on my Windows computer to identify the USB "network" connection is only running at 100 Kbps. This has nothing to do with the storage card being used.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-02-14 10:51 AM
    Maybe it's software related but I've found for BlackBerry 10 phones in general, to connect my Z30 and previously my z10 to my computer it would take quite a few minutes to connect it as network drives compared to my galaxy samsung phone and also speeds on the z10/30
    Were very slow when mapped as network drives and abit faster when using mass storage mode for the sd card. While for ssg they were fast for network drives.
    Also maybe it's related or not but when I use usb otg it's much slower on the BlackBerry z30 then on my ssg.
    Though the time taken to index my hardrive and allow it to appear in file manager (ssg /bb) or autorun (computer) is loads faster on the z30 then the other two.

I remember reading before when developers for 2 competing contact backup and restore applications were speaking about some software limitation/something that needed to be worked on that makes the phone restore contacts very slowly.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:39 AM
    Again just to be clear, I am not talking about file copies or backups to and from the device being slow. I am talking about the "network connection" for the device being connected over USB being rated at 100Kbps. This is a view of my network connections from Task Manager in Windows 7:
    Getting 100 Kbps connection speed w/ USB connection to Z30 10.3.1.1016.-bb_usb_slow.jpg
    I renamed the 3 different BB network connections to easily show the purpose of each.

Does anyone else show this USB device connection running at 100Kbps?
    11-05-14 11:13 PM
    Lol @ the BlackBerry VPN showing 4Gbps

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:26 PM
    Hmmmm...

I always use Wi-Fi, having set up internal and SD as mapped network drives. Allows me freedom of movement, no matter how bloody long it takes. I'll check my USB mass storage in the morning. It's also W7, and I believe USB 2.0, but I'll confirm that too.
    11-05-14 11:34 PM
    Lol @ the BlackBerry VPN showing 4Gbps

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that might be a smidge optimistic.
    11-05-14 11:37 PM
    I also have problem same as yours but it is only in one PC. May be driver issue. Once I deleted driver files manually and reinstalled, it was working perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:35 AM
    I also have problem same as yours but it is only in one PC. May be driver issue. Once I deleted driver files manually and reinstalled, it was working perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    I was afraid I would have to rip off Link and the various drivers and start over. I just updated to the latest BlackBerry Blend + Link that came out on the 4th hoping it would help, but sadly there was no improvement.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:55 AM
    Seeing the same, and frankly not motivated to mess with it further, LoL.
    HotFix likes this.
    11-06-14 11:02 AM
    this thread is a little bit old, but I have the same problem with usb connection.

I found out that it is faster to send files via WiFi.

On your BlackBerry:
    • activate data access via WiFi
    • set a password

On your PC:
    • open your File Manager (e.g.: Windows Explorer)
    • type in "\\*your BlackBerrys IP-Address*"
    • enter username and password (if not changed the username is "BlackBerry")

its not the perfect solution but an acceptable workaround to get faster file sync if you are at home in a trusted WiFi. I turn off data access after syncing my files
    11-25-14 07:56 PM
    this thread is a little bit old, but I have the same problem with usb connection.

I found out that it is faster to send files via WiFi.

On your BlackBerry:
    • activate data access via WiFi
    • set a password

On your PC:
    • open your File Manager (e.g.: Windows Explorer)
    • type in "\\*your BlackBerrys IP-Address*"
    • enter username and password (if not changed the username is "BlackBerry")

its not the perfect solution but an acceptable workaround to get faster file sync if you are at home in a trusted WiFi. I turn off data access after syncing my files
    It is a perfect solution for those with Wi-Fi, and why I mentioned it above.

Why shutdown data access?
    11-25-14 08:04 PM
    dont know, just feeling better
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-25-14 08:07 PM
    dont know, just feeling better
    LoL!

I like using RFA, so since my data connection is secure, I leave it open.
    ATV_Hightower likes this.
    11-25-14 08:28 PM
    It is a perfect solution for those with Wi-Fi, and why I mentioned it above.

Why shutdown data access?
    Unfortunately it's not a perfect solution because you can't do backups and restores over Wi-Fi.

I have tried older Link versions and newer ones with Blend and none of them seem to allow the connection speed to go over 100K. I'm not sure when this changed or why, but BlackBerry really needs to allow the connection to operate as one to USB 2 speeds as possible.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-27-14 09:57 PM
    HotFix, you're right about the backup/restore. Fortunately, that's not something needed too frequently.

In my case, I feel comfortable placing the blame on my older crappy laptop. Probably isn't accurately placed, but makes me feel better.
    HotFix likes this.
    11-28-14 08:16 AM
    I don't know if it was the act of going to 10.3.1.1949 w/o a restore or the act of removing all BlackBerry software from my Windows 7 desktop, but I finally got my USB connection to show up as 480Mbps again. Right now a device backup is using ~11% of that, or roughly 50Mbps, so that is a HUGE improvement over 100Kbps.

And just in case others run into this and removing the software is what resolved my issue, here are the steps I took.
    1. Completely uninstalled BlackBerry Blend/Link/Drivers.
    2. Removed all Research In Motion folders from my "C:\Program Files" and C:\Program Files (x86)" folders.
    3. Went into the registry (DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING) and removed all references to BlackBerry and Research In Motion under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". If I remember correctly the entries I found were under the Software key on in both hives.
    4. I used the command line utility PNPUTIL to find (-e) all "Research In Motion" drivers and remove them (-d). Details on using the tool can be found here: Pnputil
    5. Reinstalled the latest version of Blend/Link/Drivers.

A ~3.5GB backup on my computer took about 13 minutes this morning. That's a hell of an improvement on the hour+ a 5.5GB backup was taking with my old "configuration". I have 2GB less than previous since I did a Wipe with no restore and haven't reinstalled every app I had in the past.

I hope this helps someone else in the future if they run into this.
    Last edited by HotFix; 01-14-15 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Added note on the improved backup speed.
    BigBadWulf and ATV_Hightower like this.
    01-14-15 06:58 AM
    I noticed that too but wasn't sure if it's because of the new BlackBerry Blend / Link software / driver or the the Windows 10 Tech Preview. Good to know that it seems to work under Windows 7, too!
    Thx for info!

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    01-14-15 07:06 AM
    Berry berry nice HF!
    HotFix likes this.
    01-14-15 07:36 AM
    That's good to know, I will try that. I'm on 10.2.2 and I have a Wifi connection speed of about 5 KB with a class 10 SanDisk SD card. It's so frustrating. The USB connection is about the same.

Thank you for sharing this!!

Z30 STA-2
    HotFix likes this.
    01-14-15 03:44 PM
    Berry berry nice HF!
    I see what you did there... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:11 PM