07-27-13 03:59 AM
517 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    All android ported apps now act like native apps

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    06-22-13 08:25 AM
    After reading some of the comments, i think I'll wait a little while. Last thing I need is my Z screwing up on a very busy weekend. But, I have it downloaded to upgrade downgrade later. Let's put it this way, I would rather downgrade to another "addicts" 10.2 hybrid....than at&t's official 10.1.
    LP_Rigg and Mecca EL like this.
    06-22-13 08:25 AM
    So I couldn't get this hybrid to restore and now .2354 won't restore either.

I REALLY hate BlackBerry Link. Now I have lost ALL my contacts which is the only thing I care about.
    Dang. Might be possible something got messed up with the phone from the previous funky security wipe.
    Before completely giving up, I would try another security wipe while on 2354, then reload of 2354 and then retry the backup again.

Also, I know this doesn't help now, but there's an app (I think it's a buck) called Contact X that will back up your contacts to a VCF file. Works pretty great.
    Another one is IntouchApp Contacts (free), but it uses a server.
    06-22-13 08:27 AM
    After reading some of the comments, i think I'll wait a little while. Last thing I need is my Z screwing up on a very busy weekend. But, I have it downloaded to upgrade downgrade later. Let's put it this way, I would rather downgrade to another "addicts" 10.2 hybrid....than at&t's official 10.1.
    Ditto
    06-22-13 08:37 AM
    Dang. Might be possible something got messed up with the phone from the previous funky security wipe.
    Before completely giving up, I would try another security wipe while on 2354, then reload of 2354 and then retry the backup again.

Also, I know this doesn't help now, but there's an app (I think it's a buck) called Contact X that will back up your contacts to a VCF file. Works pretty great.
    Another one is IntouchApp Contacts (free), but it uses a server.
    FIXED IT

Extracted the backup file using 7zip, edited the Manifesto.xml to change backup version 10.1.0 2354 to 10.2.0.91, rebuilt it using Winrar and now it's restoring successfully on 10.2.0.93.

I was starting to lose my cool.
    Mecca EL and Wigley458 like this.
    06-22-13 08:42 AM
    I can extract the bar files. Not sure if it will work on 10.1 though.
    I assume it will because I've loaded 10.2 voice files on 10.1 before
    LP_Rigg, is the new voice command only on this build, or also newer builds?
    I haven't tried any other 10.2 os, but have not seen it anywhere on 10.1.

What webkit and browser version are you running? I have experienced a couple of browser anomalies on this build. Don't know if I can flash a 10.1 webkit and browser on this.

The browser is superfast, but two crashes and a couple unable to resolve url issues

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 08:55 AM
    FIXED IT

Extracted the backup file using 7zip, edited the Manifesto.xml to change backup version 10.1.0 2354 to 10.2.0.91, rebuilt it using Winrar and now it's restoring successfully on 10.2.0.93.

I was starting to lose my cool.
    Awesome. Sorry I hadn't noticed your issue was with the backup version number.
    For future reference, and for anyone who ever has a similar issue with a backup not restoring due to being a higher or lower version number or such, DarcyTallGuy made a program that will do the unpack / edit Manifest version number / repack for you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...anager-818543/
    Wigley458 likes this.
    06-22-13 09:30 AM
    One other thing is that BeBuzz is working with this build, going to try to reboot now and see if whatsapp will be in the hub after

EDIT: Whatsapp gone after reboot
    Can't get BeBuzz to add any contacts, it's as if it can't access the address book. Tried deleting and re-installing.
    06-22-13 09:35 AM
    Ye of little faith Mecca. I spoke to you at the BB meet up in NYC and asked you and Jerome about hybrids in BB10. Both of you were like....oh my gosh! no way! Bwahaha. Ain't it great!!!!! I totally agree with you. Lovin it!!
    Yes, I remember. I honestly didn't expect OS10 to be so similar to PBOS. Then the speed that the tools hit the scene... OS10 is a thousand times more flexible than BBOS, with almost zero chance of even a novice hybrid bricking anything. Where BBOS would load any hybrid, with catastrophic results, OS10 is nondestructive.

To the end user...
    If there's anything actually broken, when it comes to OS10, it's the old thinking and fear mongering that easily seep into the mind of new or returning users, who haven't taken their time to acquaint themselves with their device, with user tools, and with OS packages. Myself included, not having access to a dev unit, I was previously unaware of the flexibility of OS10.... not anymore though. The more I tinker, the more I'm finding that the worst thing that can happen with any BB10 OS, is an app not activating, because of compatibility issues. And the worst thing that can happen to BB10 device, is an over zealous, brand latching disciple, who hasn't overcome their fear of entering the depths of their phone, dive in anyway without understanding the information shared here in volumes, commit user error, then start blaming everyone else.

All devices are not created equally. They're as individual as any personality. All hybrids are not created equal, the compiler has a preference that will not sate all needs. So find what works best for you, by testing all sources and monitoring output. And if you're afraid to install an OS manually, READ. Read until your discomfort is gone. Then ask for help. We'll help you.

Rant over...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 09:40 AM
    what is this? And how do I remove it lol
    FULL autoloader for STL003/10.2.0.93 Hybrid-img_00000210.png

Posted via BlackBerry Z10! Keep Moving!
    06-22-13 09:45 AM
    If you delete the firstload.bar or something along those lines, you probably can
    But once it's on the device, not sure if you can remove. If we eventually can build custom core OS with custom apps, then we probably could
    Do NOT delete the firstload.bar, there will be terrible results

Trouble SHOOT, not trouble cause.

Posted via CB10
    sbmd likes this.
    06-22-13 10:10 AM
    For those of u who are having issues with wipe. Just remember that wipe can sometimes take up to 30 mins. And will turn phone off and on a couple times. Also. It might even give u a blank screen sometimes as well for a while. Just have patience. But. At the end. If the little "connect to computer " icon shows. So what. Re load autoloader and keep going. No need for another r wipe. The autoloader takes like 2 mins to load. Big deal.

Some may call this a bricked phone or whatever when it does that but again. Its nothing. No deal at all. Just r do os loader and keep going.

As too restores not working. I'm assuming u have read op instructions. And saw that sometimes u have to reboot computer. Or reboot link. And yes. It can be finicky but it will restore. If it doesn't at first. Try again. And choose one file at a time

And like furious K said. Each and every phone is a little diff. As well as each restore backup. So it might act diff on urs than mine. But that's what's fun bout trying stuff. And like he said. Learning what works best for you. I have made this hybrid. As it works best for me. As EVERYTHING works. But that me. And my phone.

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    LP_Rigg, Mecca EL, sbmd and 1 others like this.
    06-22-13 10:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000210.png 
Views:	1520 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	174831

No. And re back to I think page 2. Been dealt with

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    06-22-13 10:14 AM
    Ok guys. I'm not using this hybrid right now I'm on. 10.2.0.228 with a 10.1 BlackBerry World. Can I just flash this newer Bbworld plus the billing rat and all will be fine?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:17 AM
    Sorry I meant rar not rat lol

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:19 AM
    Wigley can you delete steps 4 and 5 from the OP since it causes a brick
    No. As like I said above. After it's all finished doing its thing in wipe. And even if it's what u call bricked. So what. Its still wiped. And ready for a clean os. Do a re do of autoloader. Will take up 2 more mins of ur life yes but achieves same result. And yes. In most cases. A wipe is highly highly recommended. Either before u do all this. Or after autoloader. As it cleans all the fragmented peices out of ur phone that can and will cause issues I'm most cases.

Just remember all. U only need to do one wipe. Not again even if it's "bricked " and u r do autoloader

06-22-13 10:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000210.png 
Views:	1520 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	174831

It's an expected chat client. Not currently active, but will be soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:22 AM
    i have installed this new OS but WhatsApp keeps disappearing in the HUB.
    another thing "Joyn" is included in the HUB too.
    06-22-13 10:27 AM
    For those of u who are having issues with wipe. Just remember that wipe can sometimes take up to 30 mins. And will turn phone off and on a couple times. Also. It might even give u a blank screen sometimes as well for a while. Just have patience. But. At the end. If the little "connect to computer " icon shows. So what. Re load autoloader and keep going. No need for another r wipe. The autoloader takes like 2 mins to load. Big deal.

Some may call this a bricked phone or whatever when it does that but again. Its nothing. No deal at all. Just r do os loader and keep going.

As too restores not working. I'm assuming u have read op instructions. And saw that sometimes u have to reboot computer. Or reboot link. And yes. It can be finicky but it will restore. If it doesn't at first. Try again. And choose one file at a time

And like furious K said. Each and every phone is a little diff. As well as each restore backup. So it might act diff on urs than mine. But that's what's fun bout trying stuff. And like he said. Learning what works best for you. I have made this hybrid. As it works best for me. As EVERYTHING works. But that me. And my phone.

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin Wigley's News - BlackBerry BBM Channel Pin for Wigley's News
    Thanks for your work on this! Mine is working great except for a small hiccup here and there.

We (I) throw around the word "brick" to casually - It is almost impossible to really make the phone unrecoverable.
    Sorry I meant rar not rat lol

Posted via CB10
    Stupid virtual keyboard -_-

Posted via CB10
    Ok guys. I'm not using this hybrid right now I'm on. 10.2.0.228 with a 10.1 BlackBerry World. Can I just flash this newer Bbworld plus the billing rat and all will be fine?

Posted via CB10
    Iv heard it works yes on most. It did for me. But other issues came up on 228 for me. So did this one.

06-22-13 10:30 AM
    Stupid virtual keyboard -_-

Posted via CB10
    i know eh? lol . so will the new bbworld and syspayments just overwrite my older bbworld if i sideload using ddpb. I'm on 10.2
    06-22-13 10:33 AM
    Lol. And sorry if I sound testy on here this morning. I'm just a bit grumpy lol. I'll try to be better hehe

Mecca EL likes this.
    06-22-13 10:33 AM
    i know eh? lol . so will the new bbworld and syspayments just overwrite my older bbworld if i sideload using ddpb. I'm on 10.2
    Yes. Just remember that this app world won't look the same as one from 228. Won't have same features. But all works great.

06-22-13 10:34 AM
    sorry wigley. i type slower on my pc lol. i can always revert back then right? i have the 10.1 bbworld bar
    06-22-13 10:34 AM
517 ... 7891011 ...