07-27-13 03:59 AM
517 ... 45678 ...
tools
    FuriousK, have you tried comparing build date for this version and the others?
    I know this is built much earlier than my 4285 hybrid. The version numbers in this one is higher, but that's because it's in 10.2 format
    I'm considering jumping to this OS and giving it a run
    06-21-13 10:27 PM
    I've been reading through a bunch of these threads, unless I've missed something there is no 10.2 hybrid for the Q10 is there?

If I've missed it even a link to the proper thread would be extremely helpful

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:30 PM
    I've been reading through a bunch of these threads, unless I've missed something there is no 10.2 hybrid for the Q10 is there?

If I've missed it even a link to the proper thread would be extremely helpful

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Altrax
    I believe you can load .93 or .228 with a 341 Q10 radio and get it working
    06-21-13 10:34 PM
    FuriousK, have you tried comparing build date for this version and the others?
    I know this is built much earlier than my 4285 hybrid. The version numbers in this one is higher, but that's because it's in 10.2 format
    I'm considering jumping to this OS and giving it a run
    I've been having a bit of a wierd issue with this one myself where the initial security wipe gets stuck in a loop, then gives me an interesting "connect the phone to the computer" picture.

Not quite sure what the deal is with that, since it's working for other people.

Initially I had tried the OS from this one with the .340 radio, but with that while I did get a text, I couldn't make or recieve calls.
    Then I went back and tried the default autoloader for this, and started having the security wipe issues.
    Might be something wierd going on with my phone.

You are probably right that apps on 10.2 builds simply get higher version numbers by default.
    It's possible that with however it's branched, some of the lower versioned / higher build number files on 10.1 builds could actually be better than these early 10.2 files.
    Edit: So, yeah, like you'd expect the version numbers on the apps are in between those of 10.1.0.4285 and 10.2.0.228. I'm honestly not sure where to check on build date, though.

Right now I'm actually trying your .4285 hybrid with the .341 radio, and if I can get things stable with that on my phone, I might try this one again.
    Last edited by FuriousK; 06-21-13 at 10:59 PM.
    06-21-13 10:37 PM
    taking the plunge. Can't wait to FINALLY be able to see the emoji's from the iphone peeps. (plus all the other goodies!)
    06-21-13 10:40 PM
    wait... it's starting back up and it doesn't have the new spinning glass...just the regular blackberry logo in the square (i like it but not when i'm going to 10.2, lol)
    06-21-13 10:42 PM
    nevermind. Operator headspace here!!! LOL
    just saw it in set up. dang that was a FAST install!!!
    06-21-13 10:43 PM
    So this is something we can look forward to for OS 10.2 hey? This appears to be night and day difference between 10.1 voice assistant and now
    Yep - works surprisingly well. Been asking a lot of questions and wolfram|alpha is well behaved

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:44 PM
    I've been having a bit of a wierd issue with this one myself where the initial security wipe gets stuck in a loop, then gives me an interesting "connect the phone to the computer" picture.

Not quite sure what the deal is with that, since it's working for other people.

Initially I had tried the OS from this one with the .340 radio, but with that while I did get a text, I couldn't make or recieve calls.
    Then I went back and tried the default autoloader for this, and started having the security wipe issues.
    Might be something wierd going on with my phone.

I'll take a quick look at some of the bar version numbers.
    You might be right that 10.2 builds simply get higher version numbers by default.
    It's possible that with however it's branched, some of the lower versioned / higher build number files on 10.1 builds could actually be better than these early 10.2 files.
    I am getting the same problem as you, stuck on the security wipe! Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    06-21-13 10:56 PM
    Not sure if i'm in a loop on the security wipe or it just takes a long time. What's the process? I saw a pic of an SD card for a while (3 times) now it's just the red light and the screen is black. dannnnnnggggg. why does this stuff happen at night when i'm friggin beat?
    06-21-13 11:02 PM
    I'll give it a try
    I don't see the logic in doing that extra security wipe though. It literally does nothing except prevent fragmentation
    An autoloader newly loaded system is equivalent to a security wipe
    06-21-13 11:04 PM
    Update:

After 3 spinning security wipes going to a black screen, along with a battery pull, i held the up and down volume buttons along with the power button to restart the phone. Once restarted, i got the computer and bb phone logo appear suggesting my phone is screwed up.

Interesting..
    06-21-13 11:05 PM
    I am getting the same problem as you, stuck on the security wipe! Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    One thing I didn't think to try before was to initiate the security wipe from Link.
    When you go Restore, instead of Restore from Backup File, you can select Restore To Factory Settings.
    The way it acts, it seems to me like that starts a security wipe.

Right now I'm trying a different hybrid, and might go back to this if I can get things figured out. I'll post back if I come up with anything concrete.

Wierd how certain issues just affect certain phones.
    06-21-13 11:06 PM
    FuriousK, this build is def older than my hybrid. 4285 could run with the newer radios, this one can't
    I'm fairly certain if you throw the old 2354 radio on here, it would work LOL
    06-21-13 11:06 PM
    I'll give it a try
    I don't see the logic in doing that extra security wipe though. It literally does nothing except prevent fragmentation
    An autoloader newly loaded system is equivalent to a security wipe
    For me it's partly just that the security wipe should be able to complete ok. And if it won't, there's something my phone doesn't like about the OS.
    Once I have something wierd like that with an OS, I can't help but try it out again, just to see if it was a glitch or will keep happening.
    06-21-13 11:09 PM
    yes this can happen people. sorry forgot to mention that. dont stress or worry tho. as akure just stated. you just run the autoloader again and all good. no need to re wipe at all.
    trying this- autoloader again. but no security wipe this time once it comes back.
    06-21-13 11:09 PM
    FuriousK, this build is def older than my hybrid. 4285 could run with the newer radios, this one can't
    HaHa, ok good to know.
    With the other issues I've been having I wasn't sure if .341 not working with it was just something with me.

I've got yours on, and I'm doing a security wipe now.
    Radio wasn't working on initial install, but that might have been because something was corrupt from my previous attempts on this one... or something..
    06-21-13 11:11 PM
    Tell me more about your hybrid.. i guess its more updated?!/
    06-21-13 11:12 PM
    On my initial install - everything went fine, but security wipe bricked the phone (this was about 8 hours ago)

Tried to rerun autoloader but computer didnt recognize phone. Phone would not boot.

Disconnected usb, pulled battery and reconnected usb with battery still out, started autoloader until connected and reinstalled battery. And voila life has been good in 10.2 land ever since.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    06-21-13 11:13 PM
    On my initial install - everything went fine, but security wipe bricked the phone (this was about 8 hours ago)

Tried to rerun autoloader but computer didnt recognize phone. Phone would not boot.

Disconnected usb, pulled battery and reconnected usb with battery still out, started autoloader until connected and reinstalled battery. And voila life has been good in 10.2 land ever since.

Posted via CB10
    Just had the same problem, is it necessary to load the app world bar? What is it for?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...hybrid-820381/
    Here's the link for masterscarhead1's build.
    10.1.0.4285 OS + 10.2.0.228 radio (seems to also work with 10.2.0.340 radio)
    - the one downside seems to be you can't get a gps lock.

and here's an autoloader for JUST the Radio from 10.2.0.341 (Z10, should work on 2,3,4) if you wanted to try that (but DON'T try it with the 10.2.0.93 build in this thread!)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!PEJzjJwR!SOBzhU...pkRjyK_8Vkr1ZY
    06-21-13 11:19 PM
    Just had the same problem, is it necessary to load the app world bar? What is it for?

Posted via CB10
    I think the issue with the appworld on most of the 10.2 builds has been that you can't download purchased apps, or purchase apps.
    Can't remember which, but I think one of the 10.2 builds has an appworld bar that does work.
    That one Wigley posted from 10.1 definitely works, though.
    06-21-13 11:21 PM
    The core os he referred to is not newer, but some of the apps, extracted from other 10.2 builds, may be. You can fine those bars on the forums. I will say since I ran that 4285 mashuo for a couple days that it did not have the 10.2 core os. I think there ia newer FB bar, but I don't think it offered any noticeable enhancements.

I may be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure, but I only loaded that and the payment bar after everything settled in. I think in the other alpha build folks were having problems getting app world to work and the op posted the working bar

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:24 PM
    It's sporting 10.1.0.4285 OS with 10.2.0.341 or 228 radio file
    The only downside right now is GPS doesn't work
    06-21-13 11:30 PM
517 ... 45678 ...