04-18-15 07:13 AM
36 12
tools
    I have not been able to get Blend to Run over the Mobile network "without connecting via USB" even once.
    It has worked perfectly when connected with USB over the Mobile network or through WiFi.
    Sounds like network trouble. Here are a couple articles that might help:
    KB36035-Troubleshooting connection problems in BlackBerry Blend
    KB34794-BlackBerry desktop applications and Internet connectivity
    01-27-15 09:41 AM
    Blend on my Win7 laptop = works fine!
    Blend on my Win8 PC = works fine until.....
    I upgraded to wWin8.1 = No Go! Does not open the app even.

Gone through the normal actions of restart, test, uninstall, re-install, restart, test, curse. Check networking, plug in USB cable, test, curse again, leave it for a few days (night have to "settle in" as some say with a new OS), reboot, test again, uninstall, remove. Restart, install ONLY Blend (without Link), reboot, test *sigh*, uninstall, reboot, install freshly downloaded copy, totally disable firewall, etc etc. Nothing doing mate!

Now how many other forum members are also having an issue with Blend on Win8.1 not working?
    Did anyone find some kind of work around for it?
    01-27-15 10:16 AM
    I had a lot of trouble getting started with Blend on my Z10, connected via USB to my Windows 8.1 PC. I kept getting a blue screen of death. In the end. I fixed my problem by replacing the USB cable.
    I found that a generic USB was only capable of making an intermittent connection with the micro usb connector. Putting pressure on the connector got me a connection, relaxing that pressure disconnected my Z10 from the PC.
    When I plugged in a Blackberry USB cable, I had a solid connection with no hand- holding and no more blue screen failures.
    Seems that hardware failures can sometimes mascarade as software issues...

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 05:01 PM
    Blend on my Win7 laptop = works fine!
    Blend on my Win8 PC = works fine until.....
    I upgraded to wWin8.1 = No Go! Does not open the app even.

Gone through the normal actions of restart, test, uninstall, re-install, restart, test, curse. Check networking, plug in USB cable, test, curse again, leave it for a few days (night have to "settle in" as some say with a new OS), reboot, test again, uninstall, remove. Restart, install ONLY Blend (without Link), reboot, test *sigh*, uninstall, reboot, install freshly downloaded copy, totally disable firewall, etc etc. Nothing doing mate!

Now how many other forum members are also having an issue with Blend on Win8.1 not working?
    Did anyone find some kind of work around for it?
    Is there a compatibility mode with win8? Try that?
    01-27-15 07:05 PM
    Tried Compatibility Mode (with and without Admin rights) for Win8, Win7 and even Vista. No luck.
    Last edited by abjater; 01-28-15 at 06:34 PM.
    01-27-15 10:38 PM
    Till now I have been unable to make Blend works on my iPad 2.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.3.1.1949
    Have had it working consistently on iPhone 5, iPad 4, and windows 8.1 PC.

My only issue currently is related to accessing email on my workspace (BlackBerry balance). I have a case open with BlackBerry for support as the BES appears to be set up correctly, but "an IT policy" prevents access to work space email.

Z30 STA100-5 on OS 10.3.2.281 / SR 10.3.2.158
    03-31-15 01:19 PM
    If anyone else has navigated to this post due to Blend not working, before you do what I resorted to back in January (wiping and re-installing the OS, seeing my posts above) try this FIRST. If the Blend icon in quick settings is white instead of blue, tap on the ICON, not the word to turn it on. Don't ask me how, but I must have always tapped on the word in quick settings because I never knew that tapping the ICON (try it, even wifi, network, alarm, etc) turns the item on/off, while tapping the word opens the menu.

The problem re-occurred a couple days ago and I thought I would have to reinstall once again, but saw on another thread that this could be the issue, and it was!!

Posted via CB10
    Ursula2014 likes this.
    04-11-15 11:22 PM
    Must say it was Cybersaga who posted the solution in the other thread so thanks again!! Wished I had known about it back then.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:25 PM
    I cannot even get blend to install on my windows 8.1 laptop. On my windows 8.1 desktop, I had to do some funky things with the Antivirus and I do not remember what I did to install blend. It's pretty frustrating

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:32 AM
    Windows 8 blows that's why.

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.1865
    04-14-15 12:36 PM
    Blend doesn't work with my Z30 but no issue with my Z10. I tried a lot things. Can't explain.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 07:13 AM
36 12