08-23-13 03:53 AM
76 123 ...
tools
    UPDATE: leakCheck is in BlackBerry World as OScheck (I might try to change the name back to leakCheck but the link will be the same):
    Check out OScheck in BlackBerry World! http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20393655

If you want to quickly and easily check if there's a new BB10 OS leak, this is the perfect app for you.
    leakCheck is an originally-simple-but-became-fairly-complicated-as-I-went-along app that lets you check if a new BB10 leak is available.

This app only checks for leaks, it does not install them.
    Leaks are the property of BlackBerry and not individual developers or leakers. Anyone claiming any ownership right over a leak needs their head inspected.
    Use of this app does not constitute endorsement of the leaking of BlackBerry OSes.
    Installation of a leaked OS is a risky (and potentially illegal) thing to do, and is not recommended by myself or CrackBerry.

Free BlackBerry 10 Leaked OS Checker App-img_00000003.jpg

There's really not much to explain. Once it's installed, you launch the app, select your BlackBerry type (I couldn't find an API to automate that).
    There's 6 options:
    Z10 STL100-1 Current
    Z10 STL100-2/3/4 Current
    Q10/Q5 Current
    Z10 STL100-1 Next
    Z10 STL100-2/3/4 Next
    Q10/Q5 Next
    Latest OS (regardless of Device)
    Dev Builds

Current denotes updates that follow the current official track. That is, 10.1 updates right now.
    Next denotes updates that are an entirely new version from what is currently available from most carriers, if available. So right now, 10.2 updates.

Once you've selected what you want to look for, click "Check for Updates". If there's no update, you'll get a "no new updates" message.
    If there's an update available, you'll get a notification stating as much and a link to the thread on CrackBerry (or wherever) to download it.

A few last points:
    This app is ad supported, but a donation via PayPal removes the ads.
    This app does (obviously) require an internet connection.
    Update notifications might lag behind leaks because I'm managing the backend that notifies you of new updates. It's an easy thing to do, but since there's no way to predict leaks it requires some human actions.
    This goes without saying, but: I don't collect or want your personal information.
    This app will be maintained for as long as I feel like maintaining it. So, probably a long time. Unless no one downloads/uses it lol.

If you have any questions, just post them in this thread.

Download Link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20393655

Updates in v1.4: Removed PayPal Donations and server updates; got approval from BlackBerry World.
    Updates in v1.3: In-App updating; Check for Dev OSes.
    Updates in v1.2: bug fix for Q users on 10.2 (fix in v1.1 only worked for OS 10.1).
    Updates in v1.1: Check for latest OS regardless of whether it'll work for you; Get leakCheck Version Number from Swipe Down menu; UI Fix for Q10 users.
    Attached Thumbnails Free BlackBerry 10 Leaked OS Checker App-leakcheck1.png  
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-22-13 at 10:55 AM.
    Elite1, Lendo, Bla1ze and 30 others like this.
    08-03-13 02:33 PM
    Brilliant idea for an app...
    mendez777 likes this.
    08-03-13 02:41 PM
    Love the dedication people have on this site!!! Thanks for this

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:50 PM
    Very cool!
    Sure to be popular with CB's Leaked OS "faithful."
    Lendo likes this.
    08-03-13 03:05 PM
    If you want to quickly and easily check if there's a new BB10 OS leak, this is the perfect app for you.
    leakCheck is an originally-simple-but-became-fairly-complicated-as-I-went-along app that lets you check if a new BB10 leak is available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000003.jpg 
Views:	6231 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	188832

There's really not much to explain. Once it's installed, you launch the app, select your BlackBerry type (I couldn't find an API to automate that).
    There's 6 options:
    Z10 STL100-1 Current
    Z10 STL100-2/3/4 Current
    Q10/Q5 Current
    Z10 STL100-1 Next
    Z10 STL100-2/3/4 Next
    Q10/Q5 Next

Current denotes updates that follow the current official track. That is, 10.1 updates right now.
    Next denotes updates that are a whole new version. So right now, 10.2 updates.

Once you've selected what you want to look for, click "Check for Updates". If there's no update, you'll get a "no new updates" message.
    If there's an update available, you'll get a notification stating as much and a link to the thread on CrackBerry (or wherever) to download it.

INSTALLING
    Installing is easy. Just download the .exe (sorry Mac users) and run it to automatically sideload the app to your BlackBerry.

Free BlackBerry 10 Leaked OS Checker App-leakcheck1.png

A few last points:
    This app is ad supported, but a donation via PayPal removes the ads.
    This app does (obviously) require an internet connection.
    If I update the app, you might get a notification when you check for updates. I haven't decided if that's worth the effort yet.
    Update notifications might lag behind leaks because I'm managing the backend that notifies you of new updates. It's an easy thing to do, but since there's no way to predict leaks it requires some human actions.
    This app requests Device Information (to get your pin) and File Access (to save your unlock code if you make a donation). If you don't want to remove ads, you don't need to allow those.
    This goes without saying, but: I don't collect or want your personal information.
    This app will be maintained for as long as I feel like maintaining it. So, probably a long time. Unless no one downloads/uses it lol.

If you have any questions, just post them in this thread.

Oh, and of course:
    the Download link
    GREAT idea for an app!! Any way you could do thos for us stuck with bb7 (sprint) the app is def worth the donation. Thanks!!!
    Fort Neyland likes this.
    08-03-13 03:49 PM
    Thank you very much for this app. It is a great idea for us leak aficionados. Why not bar file?
    08-03-13 03:50 PM
    GREAT idea for an app!! Any way you could do thos for us stuck with bb7 (sprint) the app is def worth the donation. Thanks!!!
    BlackBerry Device OS Checker
    08-03-13 03:59 PM
    Too cool

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-03-13 04:00 PM
    Thank you very much for this app. It is a great idea for us leak aficionados. Why not bar file?
    So I can have a little more control over the source code lol
    08-03-13 04:06 PM
    Great, is it only for full os?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 04:07 PM
    Great, is it only for full os?

Posted via CB10
    Well you can't really tell if someone is running a hybrid os because you can't, AFAIK, detect the radio version via API.

If Leigh wants me to make an app for his hybrids I can talk with him about that but I don't think anyone else is really bothering with hybrid in right now
    08-03-13 04:27 PM
    I agree this is a great app, great job...

Posted via Pimpberry Z10 on OS 10.2.0.1047
    08-03-13 11:49 PM
    Thanks for creating this wonderful app Scrid2000

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 11:54 PM
    Have you looked at this?

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...ty-modelnumber

I use it in an upcoming project to add the ModelNumber, Model Name etc, into a few text entry fields. I don't see why you couldn't do this and also have a "setting" that allows you to change it if it is displayed incorrectly.

Just my two cents Good concept though, kudos!
    08-04-13 12:00 AM
    Have you looked at this?https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...ty-modelnumberI use it in an upcoming project to add the ModelNumber, Model Name etc, into a few text entry fields. I don't see why you couldn't do this and also have a "setting" that allows you to change it if it is displayed incorrectly.Just my two cents Good concept though, kudos!
    Thanks. I'll see if it's JavaScript compatible.
    08-04-13 12:18 AM
    Cool app just installed it
    08-04-13 12:44 AM
    Hello how are you? I wanted to ask how you created the exe file? some tutorial? I'm interested to have my application in the same way: D
    08-04-13 01:07 AM
    sweet! this is awesome!
    08-04-13 01:29 AM
    Nice work! Thank yo
    08-04-13 01:41 AM
    Thanks Shane!
    08-04-13 04:35 AM
    Hello how are you? I wanted to ask how you created the exe file? some tutorial? I'm interested to have my application in the same way: D
    The exe is the autoloader...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:58 AM
    The exe is the autoloader...Posted via CB10
    Nah its a packaged bat file. I'm not versed enough in any other windows language to write an installer with it.
    08-04-13 09:55 AM
    ok thanks, and where there is a tutorial for creating the autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:04 AM
    Realized the app needs to be adjusted for the Q devices, so there's should be an update tonight or tomorrow.
    ok thanks, and where there is a tutorial for creating the autoloader?Posted via CB10
    This app has nothing to do with creating an autoloader, it's just an app to let you check if there's a new leak. Like how you can check for official updates in the settings app.
    08-04-13 12:51 PM
    So I can have a little more control over the source code lol
    That is what I figured but thought I would ask. Appreciate the work and thank you for the app.
    08-04-13 06:02 PM
76 123 ...