12-08-14 05:40 AM
417 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I don't care for the "is it used / useful " at all.
    If BlackBerry doesn't want to further support it, fine, leave it broken... but LEAVE IT IN. Let me as a consumer (or enterprise) decided weather I want to enable this feature or not.

By removing it, they (BlackBerry )gained nothing (other than saving few MB of space on 1ish GB core file - win whoopty doo) .

By removing it, they alienated half of their customers (the ones that noticed and cared) and essentially took out the one feature that separated them from the rest of the competition.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 12:34 AM
    I don't care for the "is it used / useful " at all.
    If BlackBerry doesn't want to further support it, fine, leave it broken... but LEAVE IT IN. Let me as a consumer (or enterprise) decided weather I want to enable this feature or not.

By removing it, they (BlackBerry )gained nothing (other than saving few MB of space on 1ish GB core file - win whoopty doo) .

By removing it, they alienated half of their customers (the ones that noticed and cared) and essentially took out the one feature that separated them from the rest of the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Lol BlackBerry saved thousands in license fees by removing it.

And they did really alienate anyone because guess what, those customers don't have any other platform to turn to.

iOS, Android and Windows Phone have been without flash for the past 2 years +.

Posted via the Z to the 3 to the 0 // 2B6832B1
    11-29-14 01:30 AM
    This account was created today and has a single post. Looks bogus to me.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    The text is copied from an actual betazone survey regarding flash.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 01:30 AM
    Lol BlackBerry saved thousands in license fees by removing it.

And they did really alienate anyone because guess what, those customers don't have any other platform to turn to.

iOS, Android and Windows Phone have been without flash for the past 2 years +.

Posted via the Z to the 3 to the 0 // 2B6832B1
    No they did not. Flash was/is free to anybody.
    Do you think the developers of 3rd party android browsers (the ones you're recommending I use instead) payed these "licensing fees"?

I think not

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 02:20 AM
    No they did not. Flash was/is free to anybody.
    Do you think the developers of 3rd party android browsers (the ones you're recommending I use instead) payed these "licensing fees"?

I think not

Posted via CB10
    Actually you are quite wrong on this point. BlackBerry paid substantial licensing fees for Flash.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-29-14 03:07 AM
    Actually you are quite wrong on this point. BlackBerry paid substantial licensing fees for Flash.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    Are you sure you are not confusing this with the fees to use Adobe Air in parts of the OS? There has been an official release regarding Adobe Air no longer being in the OS.

It would be foolish for Adobe to charge high fees for BlackBerry to use flash. Adobe makes money selling licenses for the programs that are used to create and distribute Flash.

Could the lack of Flash in the leaks be that BlackBerry is having a hard time stripping out Adobe Air from the OS while still maintaining Flash. They may have significant complications removing Adobe Air while maintaining Flash in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    11-29-14 07:31 AM
    Are you sure you are not confusing this with the fees to use Adobe Air in parts of the OS? There has been an official release regarding Adobe Air no longer being in the OS.

It would be foolish for Adobe to charge high fees for BlackBerry to use flash. Adobe makes money selling licenses for the programs that are used to create and distribute Flash.

Could the lack of Flash in the leaks be that BlackBerry is having a hard time stripping out Adobe Air from the OS while still maintaining Flash. They may have significant complications removing Adobe Air while maintaining Flash in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I think I remember hearing something about this Adobe Air issue from a developer who was being forced to recode his apps or to abandon BB10.

Does Crackberry ever do any investigative journalism to ask questions like, "Is BlackBerry abandoning flash?" Does Crackberry have sources inside the company?

The lack of information is only making things worse.

Furell likes this.
    11-29-14 08:26 AM
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but I'd really like to see a bigger group consensus on this. I did shoot a PM to the powers that be here on CrackBerry to do an on-line poll on the front page and see if the majority wants to keep flash in 10.3.1.*, or they don't want it, or they are just indifferent to it.

For me I'd like to keep the Flash, but if it's gone I'm not going to freak-out, so I guess I'm indifferent to it.

Just a thought.. it'll show BlackBerry what a majority favours as an indicator even though it would be just a snapshot from CB.

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 08:56 AM
    The text is copied from an actual betazone survey regarding flash.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry needs a survey for this. They need somebody to flip a switch in their browser to desktop mode and go visit any of the major news agencies. Apparently, they haven't even done that much if they are posting such a dumb survey in the process of making their decision to kill off Flash support. What was that somebody mentioned earlier about doing a cost/benefit analysis?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:05 AM
    I think I remember hearing something about this Adobe Air issue from a developer who was being forced to recode his apps or to abandon BB10.

Does Crackberry ever do any investigative journalism to ask questions like, "Is BlackBerry abandoning flash?" Does Crackberry have sources inside the company?

The lack of information is only making things worse.

Please leave out adobe air. It is not related to flash and it's confirmed that air will be removed on next update.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    11-29-14 09:16 AM
    I think most people would like Flash to be present in the browser. Anything that makes our BlackBerry 10 devices more compatible / competitive / unique is welcome.

I still have a couple of sites that need it (at the moment) which is why I will not go beyond 10.3.0.* until I find an alternative. Those who condemn BlackBerry for moving forward are spoiled and unwilling to compromise which is unfair. Our browser is still excellent without Flash.

By the end of next year, we can all revisit this discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Bure03 likes this.
    11-29-14 10:11 AM
    So is there anyway to sideload flash on? Is it even possible?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:25 AM
    So is there anyway to sideload flash on? Is it even possible?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:29 AM
    I hope you're joking, but I'll take your why-question seriously. BlackBerry built flash into BB10 because it wanted to provide customers with a native browsing solution that could access flash content. There was, and still is, much flash content on the Web and many users would like BlackBerry to continue providing flash support in the native browser.

You have to read the context of my comment... just saying that since they yanked it out without any forewarning, ya think someone would have had the foresight and common sense to see that this would potentially tick many of us off !! Just makes me questions who's on first, second and third base some times!!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10.
    11-29-14 04:02 PM
    You have to read the context of my comment... just saying that since they yanked it out without any forewarning, ya think someone would have had the foresight and common sense to see that this would potentially tick many of us off !! Just makes me questions who's on first, second and third base some times!!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10.
    Well, the motivation will become clear in the near future I'm sure. I'm inclined to agree with those that think we're in it to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:59 PM
    Well if any of you have the Beta Zone app use it to complete the survey about Flash. It's up now and open indefinitely. Maybe that'll get them to put it back in.
    11-30-14 08:20 AM
    Well if any of you have the Beta Zone app use it to complete the survey about Flash. It's up now and open indefinitely. Maybe that'll get them to put it back in.
    I have the Beta Zone app, but I don't see the survey about flash. Could you please provide details on how to navigate to the flash survey?

Thanks!

11-30-14 08:26 AM
    I have the Beta Zone app, but I don't see the survey about flash. Could you please provide details on how to navigate to the flash survey?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is part of the OS 10.3 beta program.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    11-30-14 08:38 AM
    I don't see this survey either.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:46 AM
    Not there for me either :/

I'm pretty sure it is part of the OS 10.3 beta program.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    Running official 10.3 for my Passport and not seeing it..

Do you mean the people who got early 10.3 access pre-Passport-launch program?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-30-14 10:29 AM
    Not there for me either :/

Running official 10.3 for my Passport and not seeing it..

Do you mean the people who got early 10.3 access pre-Passport-launch program?

Those of us that have been testing 10.3.x in the beta zone for the last few months.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    11-30-14 11:06 AM
    Those of us that have been testing 10.3.x in the beta zone for the last few months.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    So to answer my question, yes? lol

11-30-14 11:48 AM
    So for a removal of a core feature, the questions are being asked after the feature has already been removed and only being asked to a very select audience? Talk about paying lip service *rollseyes*

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:38 PM
    So for a removal of a core feature, the questions are being asked after the feature has already been removed and only being asked to a very select audience? Talk about paying lip service *rollseyes*

Posted via CB10
    They aren't asking any other questions. They just want a list of sites that are not html5 compliant. To what end, I'm not sure.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    11-30-14 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry. I didn't even think about that. Yeah, I'm white listed for 10.3. Again, sorry. I didn't think they'd link the two.
    11-30-14 04:45 PM
417 ... 910111213 ...