01-18-14 03:37 PM
123 ... 2345
tools
    For me it didn't work. Only removing the above mentioned apps resolved the issue.
    Yeah I told a few people that and some said it worked, some said it didn't. The bars would be sys.settings and sys.settings.accounts.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:42 PM
    For me it didn't work. Only removing the above mentioned apps resolved the issue.
    Well I'm glad something worked

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:50 PM
    On my Z30 it was kayak which is NOT sedeloded and actually came with the phone!!! So go figure. I removed and it worked without a restart!!
    coolcut likes this.
    12-02-13 02:02 AM
    Mine was SoundCloud...which was downloaded from App World.
    I backtracked from what I installed last. Hope that helps.
    Instagram, LINE, Tango, Snapseed, Fitbit and UP did not affect the Accounts page.
    12-02-13 04:07 AM
    Myfitnesspal -- converted BAR or not, still hangs it on my phone. Remove it, all is ok. Load it (irrespective of version and how) and it locks again. I can load a bunch of other things as well (including ones that are much larger than this app) and it's fine, so it's not size -- it's this app and some combination of other things for me.

Since some others in this thread have mentioned that they can run this app it has to be a combination of apps on a given device. This one ought to be fun for BlackBerry to find, but it's almost-certainly something in the Android <> BB10 contacts or accounts interfaces.
    12-02-13 07:59 AM
    Why the contacts access? I've seen that mentioned before, yet when I removed all apps that had contacts permissions I still had the issue.
    12-02-13 08:05 AM
    Well it's access to something in the accounts; that's been the only common thread I've found thus far.

It doesn't appear to be one particular app though -- it appears to be some combination of them that causes the problem.
    12-02-13 02:19 PM
    On my Z30 it was kayak which is NOT sedeloded and actually came with the phone!!! So go figure. I removed and it worked without a restart!!
    Was the culprit on my Rogers z10 as well though I did sideload it
    12-02-13 03:12 PM
    Well it's access to something in the accounts; that's been the only common thread I've found thus far.

It doesn't appear to be one particular app though -- it appears to be some combination of them that causes the problem.
    I'd sort of have to agree with this assumption. Altho I'll add to that. When I loaded the yahoo weather app. Then opened it. It says it couldn't run properly without GSF. Yet. When I click on the pop-up cancel button for that alert, the app works just fine. BUT. Then accounts is frozen. And that's regardless of how many other apk's I have loaded before loading that particular app or not. From one to 30 plus.

So. I'm guessing it has something to do with apps that are looking for GSF connections somehow. But. What do I know lmao.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    12-02-13 03:19 PM
    I have had no problems with accounts appearing after I disabled the notifications from 1 mobile market through ghost commander. Not sure if this is the case with anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:26 AM
    I'd sort of have to agree with this assumption. Altho I'll add to that. When I loaded the yahoo weather app. Then opened it. It says it couldn't run properly without GSF. Yet. When I click on the pop-up cancel button for that alert, the app works just fine. BUT. Then accounts is frozen. And that's regardless of how many other apk's I have loaded before loading that particular app or not. From one to 30 plus.

So. I'm guessing it has something to do with apps that are looking for GSF connections somehow. But. What do I know lmao.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    That sounds about right.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:47 AM
    Right, I have spent the weekend on wiping, reinstalling the OS, again wiping and reinstalling....etc....
    In the end, I must to say that in my case, the problem with the Accounts arises when the NUMBER of sideloaded apps exceeds 10. By "sideloaded" I mean either installed directly as an apk, or loaded as a converted bar. If I load the app number 11, the Accounts stop to work; if I delete whatever sideloaded app (last installed or first installed, or that one what was installed in the middle of the process), the Accounts come back to life. We already have seen the reports about the number of sideloaded apps, but I really can not understand why these numbers are different per device. Apparently, the combination of the required permissions of the sideloaded apps is also playing the role.
    But in the end, I'm very positive about the fact that there is no any single app which is the culprit of the problem, but it's always about the number of the sideloaded apps and their permissions required.
    12-03-13 01:47 PM
    That's what I have found, as well, however the number seems to vary. It's an odd one for sure.
    12-03-13 02:43 PM
    That's what I have found, as well, however the number seems to vary. It's an odd one for sure.
    Truly truly an odd thing *scratching head*

12-03-13 02:57 PM
    Probably need to report it in the .1055 glitches thread, but decided to post it here because it's concerning the work of Accounts anyway...
    So, after almost 5 days of work, my Z30 stopped to sync with some accounts (iCloud, Gmail and Exchange) and my contacts (synced with Google) were gone as well. Accounts in question were still accessible and listed, thought... Very weird situation, so was forced to delete all accounts and manually re-enter.....
    Seems that the Accounts completely screwed in .1055 leak :-( very sad
    12-05-13 01:15 PM
    I spend 2 days trying to fix the accounts problems. And then I found this post.
    I delete SoundCloud (not sideload), Viber, Line, iMessage, Opera and Opera classic and the accounts problems dissapear.

I have a Q10 SQN100-3 with 10.2.1.1055

I install the update without security wipe.
    After that, I uploaded all my converted APK.
    Finishing with restoring BB Link backup.
    The problem begins and after deleting some APPs the problem dissapear.

THANKS A LOT!
    12-05-13 01:58 PM
    I dont have time to go through the whole 4 pages long thread, so I dont know if this has been reported:

I have found out that a reboot is not necessary. I just run an app like Android Task Killer and stop all running android services (some are background ones like android system, etc) and behold, the accounts are back !!

I have found that closing the app window should stop android services but sometimes background services keep running.
    Now maybe its the apps I have installed, but this method works 99% of the times for me. (and I have a LOT of them installed )
    12-05-13 03:06 PM
    Well. I'm not sure if someone has posted this method yet or not. But. I thought I'd post what we have found to be a fix when accounts aren't opening after loading up ur phone with apps and such.

As it turns out. If you delete all the apk's android apps that you installed, then rebooting phone with volume keys. Then re adding them one by one, checking to see if accounts load back up each time. You should be able to find which apk was interfering with it.

Alternately you could try just deleting each apk one by one. And after each delete check accounts to see if it now opens fully.
    This method seems to be hit and miss. And usually you have to just delete them all.

The funny thing also that we found. Is that in the rare occasion we were able to just reload all the apk's back we actually did have. With accounts working. So not sure why. But maybe just a refresh of those installing is all that's needed. But. Usually. Its one or two apps. That interferes with accounts.

Good luck. And hope this helps. As it has for us on the team.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    Out of the topic, my Z10STL100 doesn't restart when I hold volume buttons together.. just takes a snapshot. Is there's a trick?

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-05-13 03:21 PM
    Out of the topic, my Z10STL100 doesn't restart when I hold volume buttons together.. just takes a snapshot. Is there's a trick?

Why would you post that in here? You have to hold the two buttons for about 20 seconds to reboot. Easiest way is to hold the lock button on the top until you see the BlackBerry logo (about 10 seconds.)
    Wigley458 and saint613 like this.
    12-05-13 03:31 PM
    I dont have time to go through the whole 4 pages long thread, so I dont know if this has been reported:

I have found out that a reboot is not necessary. I just run an app like Android Task Killer and stop all running android services (some are background ones like android system, etc) and behold, the accounts are back !!

I have found that closing the app window should stop android services but sometimes background services keep running.
    Now maybe its the apps I have installed, but this method works 99% of the times for me. (and I have a LOT of them installed )
    I've tried killing all the running tasks but still my accounts page hangs if I load any more android apps, including any of the task manager apps.
    Wigley458 likes this.
    12-05-13 03:33 PM

Not too continue an off topic comment. But. You do know you have to hold the keys for like almost a min. Depending in each persons phone. Hold till it goes dark then wait till circle load symbol starts. Then let go.

And yes. Yes it always takes a screen shot first.

Now. Back to on topic posts

12-05-13 03:34 PM
    Not too continue an off topic comment. But. You do know you have to hold the keys for like almost a min. Depending in each persons phone. Hold till it goes dark then wait till circle load symbol starts. Then let go.

And yes. Yes it always takes a screen shot first.

Now. Back to on topic posts

a whole minute? holy crepe.
    12-05-13 04:59 PM
    Well I've been having this problem for a while as well, I simply deleted Viber and immediately accounts work again. As simple as that.
    12-06-13 06:19 PM
    Pretty sure it's not a minute for the reboot. More like 20 seconds. And I thought holding power for reboot only simulates soft reboot (similar to holding power and pressing the reboot icon). Only the volume rockers work like a battery pull reboot

Posted via CB10 on Q10:10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 09:10 PM
    Pretty sure it's not a minute for the reboot. More like 20 seconds. And I thought holding power for reboot only simulates soft reboot (similar to holding power and pressing the reboot icon). Only the volume rockers work like a battery pull reboot

Posted via CB10 on Q10:10.2.1.1055
    Who said anything about power button for a min. I didn't. I said hold both keys (there is only one button for top power) which would be obviously the two volume keys. And yes. Most times it takes almost 45 - 60 seconds to fully get to circle loading screen. But each device is diff depending on what u have in ur phone or not.

12-06-13 09:53 PM
123 ... 2345