A solution I found is deleting viber after that my accounts worked fine... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Holy ****. I was thinking nah..whats the logic?

BUT IT WORKED!

Only uninstalled this one single app and my phones back to its normal self

Thank you,thank you!

Smoked by my BBQ10
    11-28-13 06:13 PM
    Deleted Waze and it works again.
    11-28-13 08:30 PM
    Good catch. I just deleted the Viber app, and all is working again without a reboot. Thank you!
    11-29-13 11:02 AM
    Myfitnesspal is of the offenders. Oddly enough when loaded as a BAR file with a debug token (it has native code) it didn't interfere, but when loaded as an APK it trashes the accounts screen.

I have an old version as well and that one locks the account screen as well.

Both have been fine when loaded as a BAR file.
    11-29-13 12:47 PM
    So, this has been shown over and over. As mentioned by a couple people in this thread It's not any specific app that causes this problem. It's the number of apps you have installed. It seems to be some set amount of memory that, once exceeded, causes this problem. I have 18 android ported apps installed, some from BBWorld and some from 1Mobile. Adding ANY additional android port, either from BBWorld or from 1Mobile causes my accounts page to hang. Even if I delete a couple more android ported apps I still can't load any additional android ported app without inducing the problem. I did not restore from a backup but started over fresh so that's not the issue either.

For those that say this app or that app is the problem, that may be correct for you only and merely a coincidence for anyone else. If you delete an app and accounts works, try any other android app from BBWorld or 1Mobile. You'll find that it will also lock your accounts page. You have to remember that many of the apps in BBWorld are simply Android ports and once installed on the device they work exactly the same as anything downloaded from 1Mobile.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    11-29-13 03:11 PM
    Son of a gun EBAY removal did it for me, I LIVE THESE FORUMS!

Posted via CB10
    Wigley458 likes this.
    11-29-13 03:29 PM
    So, this has been shown over and over. As mentioned by a couple people in this thread It's not any specific app that causes this problem. It's the number of apps you have installed. It seems to be some set amount of memory that, once exceeded, causes this problem. I have 18 android ported apps installed, some from BBWorld and some from 1Mobile. Adding ANY additional android port, either from BBWorld or from 1Mobile causes my accounts page to hang. Even if I delete a couple more android ported apps I still can't load any additional android ported app without inducing the problem. I did not restore from a backup but started over fresh so that's not the issue either.

For those that say this app or that app is the problem, that may be correct for you only and merely a coincidence for anyone else. If you delete an app and accounts works, try any other android app from BBWorld or 1Mobile. You'll find that it will also lock your accounts page. You have to remember that many of the apps in BBWorld are simply Android ports and once installed on the device they work exactly the same as anything downloaded from 1Mobile.
    Nope. Not true. As a blanket statement. As I at first had this issue. Deleted all droid apps. Then re installed each again. Checking accounts each time. And I have been able to load all back except viber. And on top of that. I have since loaded lots more apk's and no issues. I have prob a total of 45 apps from both ported from BBW and apk's.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-29-13 03:49 PM
    For those that say this app or that app is the problem, that may be correct for you only and merely a coincidence for anyone else. If you delete an app and accounts works, try any other android app from BBWorld or 1Mobile. You'll find that it will also lock your accounts page.

Absolutely not necessarily true. After unloading myfitnesspal I loaded a couple of other, different android apps (specifically all the other ones I had UNLOADED trying to unfreeze the accounts page) and they all worked fine and my settings are still working.

I then loaded a couple more just for grins and giggles -- still, no problem.

But -- add myfitnesspal​ again, and BOOM.
    11-29-13 05:37 PM
    Since there seems to be some contradiction here let me just point out the facts, as I see them playing out on my three different BB10 devices, rather than only my conclusions. Here is what I have loaded on my Z10 as of today:

Candy Crush Saga
    FltPlan Mobile
    Instagram
    Yelp
    LDS Tools
    Gate Guru
    Concur
    Schwab Mobile
    Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat
    TV Guide
    StayConnect
    Chase
    Hilton
    Washington Federal
    SunTrust
    Check
    Keeper
    1Mobile

With the above list of apps installed my accounts page works fine. As soon as I load ANY additional android port, whether it's from BBWorld or 1Mobile the accounts page stops loading. I can load any android-ported app that everyone here says works great and my accounts page stops instantly. If I delete several of the ones listed above the problem still exists when loading any additional android app.

These are a few of the additional apps I've tried to load that cause my accounts page to hang:
    From 1Mobile:
    Bike Race by Top Free Games

From BBWorld:
    Advanced App Manager
    Car Finder
    eBay
    Electro Tools
    Kindle
    Task Manager
    Ulysse Speedometer
    United Airlines

That said, I have a Q10 sitting here with the same OS installed and am able to install the following apps without causing my accounts page to hang (note: I do not have all the apps that are installed on my Z10 installed on my Q10):

United Airlines
    Ulysse Speedometer
    Viber
    eBay

I can load more on to the Q10 but there's really no need. As you can see there appears to be no direct correlation to any specific app causing the problem since some in this thread say Viber kills it yet Viber is installed on my Q10 and the accounts page loads fine. Apps like United Airlines kills it on my Z10 but doesn't kill it on my Q10. It seems to depend on how many apps or some combination of apps installed on the device. To avert the idea that it must be a difference with the Q10 vs. the Z10 I have another Z10 (my wife's) that I have some of these so-called accounts page-killing apps loaded on and her accounts page still works fine. As is the case with my Q10 her Z10 doesn't have nearly as many apps as I have on my Z10.

One additional thing I've noticed is that if you have large android apps installed it seems like you get fewer total apps you can install before your accounts page stops loading.

@tickerguy, Is the MyFitnessPall app that you're referring to the calorie counter that is 20MB or is it one of the smaller apps like MyFitnessPal Widget Free?
    11-29-13 06:58 PM
    Since there seems to be some contradiction here let me just point out the facts, as I see them playing out on my three different BB10 devices, rather than only my conclusions. Here is what I have loaded on my Z10 as of today:

Candy Crush Saga
    FltPlan Mobile
    Instagram
    Yelp
    LDS Tools
    Gate Guru
    Concur
    Schwab Mobile
    Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat
    TV Guide
    StayConnect
    Chase
    Hilton
    Washington Federal
    SunTrust
    Check
    Keeper
    1Mobile

With the above list of apps installed my accounts page works fine. As soon as I load ANY additional android port, whether it's from BBWorld or 1Mobile the accounts page stops loading. I can load any android-ported app that everyone here says works great and my accounts page stops instantly. If I delete several of the ones listed above the problem still exists when loading any additional android app.

These are a few of the additional apps I've tried to load that cause my accounts page to hang:
    From 1Mobile:
    Bike Race by Top Free Games

From BBWorld:
    Advanced App Manager
    Car Finder
    eBay
    Electro Tools
    Kindle
    Task Manager
    Ulysse Speedometer
    United Airlines

That said, I have a Q10 sitting here with the same OS installed and am able to install the following apps without causing my accounts page to hang (note: I do not have all the apps that are installed on my Z10 installed on my Q10):

United Airlines
    Ulysse Speedometer
    Viber
    eBay

I can load more on to the Q10 but there's really no need. As you can see there appears to be no direct correlation to any specific app causing the problem since some in this thread say Viber kills it yet Viber is installed on my Q10 and the accounts page loads fine. Apps like United Airlines kills it on my Z10 but doesn't kill it on my Q10. It seems to depend on how many apps or some combination of apps installed on the device. To avert the idea that it must be a difference with the Q10 vs. the Z10 I have another Z10 (my wife's) that I have some of these so-called accounts page-killing apps loaded on and her accounts page still works fine. As is the case with my Q10 her Z10 doesn't have nearly as many apps as I have on my Z10.

One additional thing I've noticed is that if you have large android apps installed it seems like you get fewer total apps you can install before your accounts page stops loading.

@tickerguy, Is the MyFitnessPall app that you're referring to the calorie counter that is 20MB or is it one of the smaller apps like MyFitnessPal Widget Free?
    Hmmm. Soo.. I'm lieing then ? And all 5 of my bb10 devices are just special ? Just curious is all.

Cause I'm telling you. "The facts based on MY devices and TEAMS". That the amount had nothing to do with this issue. Now. I'm not saying it doesn't for yours. I'm just saying. This is NOT the reason this fails.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    11-29-13 07:25 PM
    Accounts not loading is probably the nastiest bug in this build and has made me glad I'm only trying it on a test Z10 and not my main one.

I know most people's phones aren't on a BES10 server but I fixed it on my test phone by deleting the Work Space (deactivating the phone from the BES10 server). That let me back in to Accounts where I could reactivate the phone against the BES10 server and add other accounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:32 PM
    Hmmm. Soo.. I'm lieing then ? And all 5 of my bb10 devices are just special ? Just curious is all.

Cause I'm telling you. "The facts based on MY devices and TEAMS". That the amount had nothing to do with this issue. Now. I'm not saying it doesn't for yours. I'm just saying. This is NOT the reason this fails.

This is why I quit coming to this place. Everything turns into a p1ssing contest instead of everyone coming together to try and get to the bottom of an issue and possibly find a better workaround. It doesn't seem possible to have an civil conversation here. Nobody called you a liar. You put words in my mouth.

Should I call you and your "teams" a liar because Viber works fine on my device when you say it doesn't on yours? No, I shouldn't, nor should you as nobody is lying. I'm just saying there is more to it than just a few specific apps causing the issue.
    jsanders and aminrajabi like this.
    11-29-13 07:47 PM
    Hmmm. Soo.. I'm lieing then ? And all 5 of my bb10 devices are just special ?
    Wow, learn to take some input without taking it as a personal attack. Then you might have a greater impact on the BlackBerry community as a whole.

I've helped a number of users in the past week with this specific issue in the supportforums.blackberry.com, and it's never been a specific app, but simply getting the total number of android ports (apk, bar or AppWorld ports) down to a number between 19-23 total. Any more and the accounts screen freezes. For those users there was no specific app which broke the camel's back.

Anyway, that's my experience, what I've learned and what works.
    11-29-13 08:37 PM
    This is why I quit coming to this place. Everything turns into a p1ssing contest instead of everyone coming together to try and get to the bottom of an issue and possibly find a better workaround. It doesn't seem possible to have an civil conversation here. Nobody called you a liar. You put words in my mouth.

Should I call you and your "teams" a liar because Viber works fine on my device when you say it doesn't on yours? No, I shouldn't, nor should you as nobody is lying. I'm just saying there is more to it than just a few specific apps causing the issue.
    I wasn't trying to have a pissing contest. And im sorry if that came across that way. It wasn't meant. Also. I guess I maybe took ur post wrong as well. Oops. I was just trying to make a point about how it wasn't always one way or another.

11-29-13 08:54 PM
    Wow, learn to take some input without taking it as a personal attack. Then you might have a greater impact on the BlackBerry community as a whole.

I've helped a number of users in the past week with this specific issue in the supportforums.blackberry.com, and it's never been a specific app, but simply getting the total number of android ports (apk, bar or AppWorld ports) down to a number between 19-23 total. Any more and the accounts screen freezes. For those users there was no specific app which broke the camel's back.

And just like you. I have my own experiences. And in mine. That isn't the case. And as you state about me. You too have just taken something I said and taken it personal. I was just pointing out from the one comment that stated that basically again it was only the amount of apps. And that's it. Just like I have read again in yours. Which I totally disagree with as a blanket statement. And have proven over and over.

So, Yes. You might read this as an attack. And I'm sorry for that. As it's not. It's just me trying to explain my side of the issue. And yes. It bothers me when people make statements they claim as fact. When in fact it's not fact lol. Just as u claim I "might be of some help to the BlackBerry community if I learn to take input". If you actually have read my post in this thread I beg to differ on the being able to take input from others. And I might add, your statement is just as inflammatory as mine was with ur comments on how I might be a better help

Yes. Maybe I come across harsh sometimes and I am sorry for that. I get frustrated at times too. .

11-29-13 09:15 PM

Yeah! Maybe someday Wigley will have an impact on the BlackBerry community!

:insert rolling head laughing emoticon here:

:insert bwahahahaha here:

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-29-13 09:28 PM
    It's the big (current) version -- but -- I have several OLDER versions that are smaller in APK form because I used to convert them -- and still have the originals. They ALSO lock it -- reliably. Remove that single app, no problem. Load it again, boom.

I am not where I can get at my debug token (I'm out on Turkey Day travels) so I can't load the BAR'd version. I will when I get back where I have access to that however, and if that version (same app, just loaded as a converted BAR file) does or doesn't lock the accounts page I'll post it here.

It's not just size-related -- I loaded Angry Birds, which is huge (~43MB), more than twice the size of the MyFitnessPal app, after removing MyFitnessPal and it works fine -- and accounts is still available.

I suspect what's actually going on here is that of the (many) apps that access contacts some of them interact badly with one another, and that it thus is some combination of them that causes trouble. It's almost-certainly not simply a matter of the number of apps or the total size of the apps you have loaded that causes it -- but with the other apps I have on my phone loading MyFitnessPal will, every time, lock the Accounts screen -- and removing it unlocks it.
    11-29-13 09:43 PM

Yes. Maybe I come across harsh sometimes and I am sorry for that. I get frustrated at times too. .
    Thanks. And no one is calling you a liar, either.
    Wigley458 likes this.
    11-29-13 09:46 PM
    I just loaded the big MyFitnessPal app on my Q10 and my Accounts page loads just fine.
    11-29-13 09:55 PM
    Also, some, if not all, of the additional apps that I've tried to load that cause my Z10 accounts page to lock up don't have any permissions for contacts.
    11-29-13 09:59 PM
    Myfitnesspal was the second app I sideloaded on my phone. I've had no issues. Everything is running smooth with the app. No account issues.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-29-13 10:01 PM
    OK. So. Here's a ? I can load tins if other apps like iv said with no worries. But for some reason I can't load yahoo weather app. As it locks accounts. Is there a diff version maybe I shud try. As I know some have no issues with this app and accounts.

I have tried loading at least 8 others and kept them on. But each and every time I try that Damn weather app before or after or in between, it says nope, Not gonna let you have accounts at same time. Lol.

There must a be a diff version that works then I'd imagine.

11-29-13 11:05 PM
    John Clark and jsanders...Two guys I remember from BlackBerryForums since 2006 or so . They are def hardcore.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    jsanders likes this.
    11-29-13 11:13 PM
    In my case the culprit was Google Search. And Google Services too. Once deleted, accounts showed up.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:58 PM
    I wonder if it could be something to do with an android partition filling up. Is there a way for us to see if its something in the filesystem like that?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:45 PM
123 12345